Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 85015

When are they going to make an official patch with the warping fixes?

beta are official patches being released by BIS....

noticed the bins as well. for me this is the best beta so far, performance and warping related

I am impressed with domination performance also. The airlift scripts for vehicles where the towed vehicles used to jitter in the air (at least on my machine) has disappeared.

It's like the vehicles are actually attached to the choppers now : ) I guess it must be the position interpolation improvements at work, either that or the attachto command has been revamped.

Nice work in all : )

I am impressed with domination performance also. The airlift scripts for vehicles where the towed vehicles used to jitter in the air (at least on my machine) has disappeared.

It's like the vehicles are actually attached to the choppers now : ) I guess it must be the position interpolation improvements at work, either that or the attachto command has been revamped.

Nice work in all : )

I agree, the movement of AI, other players and vehicles all seems to be pretty smooth now. Great work BI! This gives me great hope for playing Take On Helicopters and ARMA 3 online as well!

I've never really bothered with single player so the more online issues tha are fixed, the better.

Is it just me, or is the AI excessively using their binoculars in the latest patch?

This problem has been around for a handful fo beta patches now, i commented about it some weeks ago.

AI leader especially sometimes swaps to binoculars each 5-10 seconds while in combat mode.

Looks to me that useless AT switching frequency for AI infantry has worsened too.

yea i also noticed they are using them more then usually, but i dont think its too bad. maybe even more good so they can spot enemys by their own.

Nope. I've seen AI using binoculars to look the opposite direction of nearby known threats and/or being shot many times with binoculars in hand.

No reason for so frequent binoculars usage, nor for using them when enemy is known being near. Imho it should be fixed.

Edited by fabrizio_T

This problem has been around for a handful fo beta patches now, i commented about it some weeks ago.

AI leader especially sometimes swaps to binoculars each 5-10 seconds while in combat mode.

Must have missed your post.

Yeah, it's annoying. I had times when in a five-men team three constantly switched to their binoculars and lagged behind severely. I am not really sure what makes them do it, because most of the time it's alright, but I actually made it a habit to remove binoculars from AI because of that.

Besides a few optimization issues and some special security issue, this

is still a sorely missing fix. It's been caused by 1.60 BETA.

That's an ACE2 muzzle flash, isn't it?

Come to think of it, that's why my KPVT hasn't been working.

Folks, I am running the beta patch on a dedi server (Windows 2008 R2 SP1) and I get the following error. It seems to be random as I cannot get it to repro all the time.

Here is the error message that I get in event viewer:

The program arma2oaserver.exe version 1.59.85.15 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 57c

Start Time: 01cc8192cfb0d787

Termination Time: 1

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe

Report Id: 1ff1f154-ed86-11e0-bdba-001bfcfd1adf

Are there any issues with this latest version, where it crashes?

Thanks,

SGT Gunner [1RR]

Confirmed. Domination and Warfare interpolation is working great for me.

All aircraft and towed vehicles look smoother.. no more jitter! :D

The tracks of a towed vehicle move like its driving when you airlift.. im pretty sure that's known?

Still see the odd slide in some MP servers(probably due to their config)

the interpol is way better regardless

That's an ACE2 muzzle flash, isn't it?

Come to think of it, that's why my KPVT hasn't been working.

Correct, it's zGubas implementation of a muzzle flash for ACE.

So, if you test KPVT with 1.59, it should still work, if this is the case and it's affected by the same 1.60 BETA bug.