Sign in to follow this  
blakeace

Blake's PRADAR

hmmm still having the same issues after updating to 1.1.01...

Cheers for the fast response I appreciate it,

I haven't had any issues since changing the values, I have no idea what is causing it. All I can really do is try and alter the timings a little more as this is what seemed to fix things for me. Try this version I have slowed things down a little more. Down side is it starts to make the labels seem a little "laggy" when turning or moving quickly. I won't make any official release until I can solve the Arma patch 1.62 issue. The only reason I released it yesterday was I thought something that hopefully fixes the issue is better than something known to not work!

Thanks again Variable I do really appreciate the time you take to help with this mod.

https://rapidshare.com/files/478916499/Blakes_PRADAR_v1_1_02.rar

Edit: I had another look at the code, and made some more changes to help optimised the code further in the hope it can't hurt in mitigating this patch issue.

https://rapidshare.com/files/21382455/Blakes_PRADAR_v1_1_03.rar

At this stage I haven't had any issues with the overlay not updating since the first change at least.

Edited by blakeace

Updated

Version 1.2 available from the first post.

Re pausing issue: I haven't tested properly to check, but so far it seems something is causing pausing in a scripts execution when calling the nearestobjects command (since arma 1.62 patch). I have now changed how the addon detects nearby units by using the nearentities command. So far after three mp missions I haven't had any issues or pausing occur.

@Variable, I think the Err label issue you are having with the wounding module is what the name command returns if the object isn't a unit. So I have placed a check for that string being returned. I haven't encountered this so see how you go with this update.

Version 1.2

• Changed: How closet units are found from nearestobjects to nearentities. This fixesthe issue where pausing occurs since the Arma 1.62 patch.
  • Added: Code to check if the name command is returning "Error: No unit"
  • Added: A list that displays current players who are in the vehicle you are in if you hold space and don't have the cursor over any objects. It also lists their position in the vehicle.
  • Changed: Colour scheme for the lists. Personal lists e.g. Current vehicle occupants or current group loadout list are green with black text. Cursor lists which detail other vehicle occupants or a single units current loadout are displayed black with green text.
  • Added: Code to not display a label for one cycle of code if it is switching objects it is labelling.
  • Changed: Removed the large dot displayed of the players vehicle when the player was in that vehicle.
  • Changed: Optimised the code more to help fix the Arma 1.62 patch issue.

Image show new list that appears when in a vehicle and space is held while no unit is the current cursor target:

pradarvehiclelist.jpg

Hey Blakeace,

I tested the new version and it seems like the problem remains - floating name tags are stuck in weird places and the bottom names switch to the right hand side, in and out.

I tested only with CBA and PRADAR. Too bad, the new features look great!

Hey Blakeace,

I tested the new version and it seems like the problem remains - floating name tags are stuck in weird places and the bottom names switch to the right hand side, in and out.

I tested only with CBA and PRADAR. Too bad, the new features look great!

To be honest Variable I've run out of ideas. About the only thing I can suggest is trying to play with your video settings to see if altering anything there fixes things? The issues only started since the 1.62 patch, before that everything worked fine since 2010. Looking at the patch history I didn't have anything jump out that could be the culprit other than there were some changes/additions too all the Arma video settings?

I know I am just clutching at straws here, the core code hasn't changed since 2010 and has only had issues after the patch. Unfortunately I have no idea which aspect in the code is now having issues to even submit somethong? I haven't had anyone mention something similiar with my PINS mod which displays an overlay, which is what first made me look elsewhere in the code. The only thing that stood out was the nearestobjects command which made a huge difference my end when I changed it to nearentities.

Sorry mate I have nothing else to offer at the moment. After three good mp games with no issues I thought I had nail the issue as being the nearestobjects command. Please let me know if altering your graphics options helps in any way.

Blake.

To be honest Variable I've run out of ideas. About the only thing I can suggest is trying to play with your video settings to see if altering anything there fixes things? The issues only started since the 1.62 patch, before that everything worked fine since 2010. Looking at the patch history I didn't have anything jump out that could be the culprit other than there were some changes/additions too all the Arma video settings?

You were right! I think the culprit was that damned AToC setting. I disabled it and also FXAA and it seems to have solved the problem.

And now me being spoiled: :)

1) The new version seems to be lacking the option to keep the bottom names bar turned on permanently (without having to hold the space bar).

2) May I suggest to include an option to display only the bottom names bar, even when holding space and pointing at other units? I think this will enhance PRADAR capability to work with other situational awareness addons.

Edited by Variable

You were right! I think the culprit was that damned AToC setting. I disabled it and also FXAA and it seems to have solved the problem.

And now me being spoiled: :)

1) The new version seems to be lacking the option to keep the bottom names bar turned on permanently (without having to hold the space bar).

2) May I suggest to include an option to display only the bottom names bar, even when holding space and pointing at other units? I think this will enhance PRADAR capability to work with other situational awareness addons.

Cool was starting to get quite the headache trying to figure out why I had it working and you still had the issues. I must of changed my video settings at some stage and not remembered doing it :p

The weirdest thing is I now can not replicate the issue when I alter my video settings. Maybe it requires a certain combination in the settings for the issue to happen. I was going to create a ticket on it but can't find the combo to do so :confused:

1) You are right, in trying to optimise everything when I was getting the pausing I had broken the ability to leave the names on under the icons. Minor issue I have moved that code so it now works again, I'll upload the new version after some more testing.

2) I'm not really sure what you are asking here, do you mean toggling whether the list in the bottom right of the screen appears or not? In what way do you think it will conflict if I have read your sentence right?

As always thanks for the feedback and letting me know you got it working.

Edited by blakeace

2) I'm not really sure what you are asking here, do you mean toggling whether the list in the bottom right of the screen appears or not? In what way do you think it will conflict if I have read your sentence right?

I'm referring to the team-members names that appear below the units symbols - I was wondering if you could provide an option to show only these names (permanently), while disabling all the other PRADAR features (in this option non of the other features - the dots, the compass, the list on the right hand side - will be disabled and won't show even when you hold the space-bar).

I'm referring to the team-members names that appear below the units symbols - I was wondering if you could provide an option to show only these names (permanently), while disabling all the other PRADAR features (in this option non of the other features - the dots, the compass, the list on the right hand side - will be disabled and won't show even when you hold the space-bar).

I'm playing around with the menus, to make them easier to use which alters the extras that can be displayed, but the core of PRADAR will remain the same as that is the main focus of why I developed it in the first place.

Edited by blakeace

Updated Version 1.2.02

Available from the first post.

• Changed: Compiled the main loop to help reduce the pausing.
  • Changed: Minor timing tweeks
  • Changed: Unit gathering command back to nearestobjects as I don't think that was making an impact.
  • Changed: Made the list width larger.
  • Added: Menu to turn all the PRADAR extras off.
  • Removed: Action to allow dots to stay on constantly.
  • Fixed: Where Icon labels displayed when player isn't the group leader.
  • Changed: Now lists will dim as per the dot brightness settings.

Thanks Blakeace! will test and update you asap.

Cheers mate, it is always appreciated and extremely helpful :)

@Old Bear, Foxhound and Sickboy, as always thank you for what you guys do!

I tried the new version on Friday during our Sunday CiA coop night. Things are looking good, I love the new options!

In one or two occasions the names below the command bar shifted to the right but I think it happens less now than in the previous version. I'll keep you posted if I find anything new.

Thanks again for this great addon!

I tried the new version on Friday during our Sunday CiA coop night. Things are looking good, I love the new options!

In one or two occasions the names below the command bar shifted to the right but I think it happens less now than in the previous version. I'll keep you posted if I find anything new.

Thanks again for this great addon!

Cheers mate as always it is appreciated.

I believe the sticking could be liked with server strain. The other night I was admin and was monitoring the FPS on the server during a couple of games. The tags only seemed to stick and not update when the server was under strain and the FPS was being reduced to 14-15 FPS. The finer workings of arma are beyond me so not sure if it is due to a command waiting for updates from a server that is not coping and slow at delievering the data to clients, or the display system itself somehow tied in with having a low priority if to much is happening?

If the server was running smoothly with good frame rates then PRADAR was smooth also.

Updated 1.2.03

Download available first post.

Changed: Near object information gathering moved to a second thread.

Changed: Reduced the number of dots and names displayed to reduce stutter. Total of 6 each.

Added: Number of peripheral dots displayed dynamically changes to only have a maximum combination of 8 controls displayed at once. Excluding lists. To help reduce stuttering issue introduced in game engine changes in patch 1.62.

Changed: Increased the range to 80m.

Changed: Collection area is now forward of the players view. Centre 30m unless the player is looking at the ground closer. This allows better filtering of desired focus.

Changed: Reduced the peripheral dot size to 50% to be less obtrusive.

Changed: Label size, position, range viewable, and colour/alpha value for easier viewing.

Sounds cool! Will update shortly before tonight's game. Thanks blakeace!

Is it possible to disable name shortening?

Yes that is possible, though I imagine the result could get very cluttered easily without some extra coding to alter the sizing and colour/transparency of the text.

I'll try and have a look at the just changing the name length part, but it probably wouldn't be for a while as real life is demanding all of my time at the moment sorry.

Hay Blake, any time we will see this mod in ARMA3?

Because the problem with seeing other player names in arma2 still exists in arma3 and I love this pradar mod still to this day.

I can't wait till I see this mod in arma3. :)

Hay Blake, any time we will see this mod in ARMA3?

Because the problem with seeing other player names in arma2 still exists in arma3 and I love this pradar mod still to this day.

I can't wait till I see this mod in arma3. :)

Hi nozomunz74,

Sorry for the very slow response, I am very time poor these days, I would love to say yes as I really would like it for A3 as well if I ever got time to just get on and play; but I unfortunately don't have time or more importantly the energy to dedicate to my enjoyment of creating Arma and TOH content.

I did get it on A3 with i couple of errors before my arma pc failed but I have no idea when I will get around to fixing up, and gaining access to the files.

My plan was to reduce the content in the addon and just retain the name display in A3.

I am happy for somebody to take my code and look at an A3 version, I would just appreciate an acknowledgement of my work :)

Kind regards

Blake