Sign in to follow this  
Hobostryke

ArmA 3 System Requirements

Any idea if i will be able to play with anything higher than Low visual settings?

Medium to High in 1080p, if that 4 GHz clock is stable.

I have 1680x1050 lcd screen, Medium would satisfy me anyway.. ;)

I have 1680x1050 lcd screen, Medium would satisfy me anyway.. ;)

Could go all the way to High without Anti-aliasing. Yours is a pretty balanced system, the CPU shouldn't bottleneck your current gen. graphics card.

Could go all the way to High without Anti-aliasing. Yours is a pretty balanced system, the CPU shouldn't bottleneck your current gen. graphics card.

If ArmA II is anything to go by, that CPU will not be enough to use the power of the 7850.

If ArmA II is anything to go by, that CPU will not be enough to use the power of the 7850.

I completed the ArmA II SP & played for a year in MP with a Phenom II x2 550 @ 3.8 GHz & a Radeon 4890 @ 1080p, high detail. :)

Either peeps have unrealistically high expectations, like 60 FPS at 1080p, or something else isn't right. Sure if you're going to simulate 64-team Singleplayer Warfare with 16 units per team, that may become a problem, but in MP/light SP? Come on.

Not on its own, but if you build a sufficiently equipped PC around that card, sure. ;)

EDIT:

Jokes aside, I will be testing the alpha on two systems and posting info on performance and optimal settings. The first system is the one in my sig, the second one is somewhat less powerful:

- AMD Phenom II X4 960T

- NVidia GTX 550 Ti

- 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM

- 32bit Windows 7

If you don't want to risk buying the game before you know how it will run, wait for Tuesday evening. :D

Thanks. I will check Tuesday evening after work to see the results.

...but between you and me, you know I will purchase Arma3. :-D

So no chance for a dual core CPU to run this game properly ?:confused:

Does overclocking the CPU really make a noticeable change in FPS for ArmA?

Does overclocking the CPU really make a noticeable change in FPS for ArmA?

Definitely! ArmA is very CPU demanding. For me overclocking my I5 2500K from 3.2GHz - 4.5GHz made a huge difference in FPS/General stability.

Edited by Postal Vending Machine
Epha

I completed the ArmA II SP & played for a year in MP with a Phenom II x2 550 @ 3.8 GHz & a Radeon 4890 @ 1080p, high detail. :)

Either peeps have unrealistically high expectations, like 60 FPS at 1080p, or something else isn't right. Sure if you're going to simulate 64-team Singleplayer Warfare with 16 units per team, that may become a problem, but in MP/light SP? Come on.

Try a normal 50-player Wasteland in Takistan. When the server has been on for a couple of hours and you go to a town like Bastam, it's a diashow. I mean I would be happy enough if it didn't go below 30FPS, but the fucker dips down to 20 and even below it with lot of trees/buildings in your sight.

Try a normal 50-player Wasteland in Takistan. When the server has been on for a couple of hours and you go to a town like Bastam, it's a diashow.

That's server-side problems, same thing happened in Warfare after the server had been up for several days without restart.

Hi,

I planned to buy ARMA III, just let me know the configuration of my computer is correct:

CPU: I7 3610QM

GPU: Nvidia 650m (GDDR5)

RAM : 6 Go

I want to play in 1080p

Thank for your advice :)

Hi,

I planned to buy ARMA III, just let me know the configuration of my computer is correct:

CPU: I7 3610QM

GPU: Nvidia 650m (GDDR5)

RAM : 6 Go

I want to play in 1080p

Thank for your advice :)

In... 1080p - perhaps on Low-Medium with this config. You'd be close to maxing it out at 1366x768, tho.

Speaking for a friends sake - would a Intel Core 2 Quad be enough to run it? He has no problems running ArmA 2, although Wasteland can be a bit too demanding for him depending on the server.

edit: if memory serves, the rest of his PC is

8GB DDR2

Windows 7 64 bit

GT 640

1440 x 900

He doesn't have a SSD, just a 500GB HDD.

That's server-side problems, same thing happened in Warfare after the server had been up for several days without restart.

Yea, but those should be fixed somehow. The system requirements don't apply to MP at all.

You guys probably had enough with 'can I run it' questions but, I'd like to ask too. With,

i5 750 @2,67GHz

HD5770 1GB

8GB 1333MHz RAM

is it possible to play in 1080p with around medium? Or, around what resolution I can play in medium presets? Thanks. :)

Im using:

Intel i7-740QM

AMD Radeon HD 6370m

8GB of RAM.

Any help is appreciated!

I think I'll run at high settings perfect fine with 40+ FPS with my computer at 1080P with a render distance of around 2k.

Installing a SSD, so if ArmA 3 is optimized better then ArmA 2 in any way.. then I should be G2G.

Me to I hope he could run on my PC :

i5 3470 3.20Ghz

Radeon HD 7800 1Ghz RAM

8GB of RAM

Windows 7 64 bit

meh I aint holding my breath with this spec

Q6700

ATI 4890 1gb

4gb ram

and a slow ass hard drive :(

I am hopefull after reading the previous posts, that my puter will run A3

Not sure if it would be beneficial to upgrade the processor, I am running AOA on high and it's not too bad.

Will have to run fraps to check out the frame rates.

Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium

Processor: I7 930 Quad Core @ 2.80ghz

RAM Memory: 12GB

Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB DDR5

Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster SA550 - using HDMI

System is housed in Corsair Obsidian Full Tower/water cooled

My first post :)

My system is this:

Msi Z68A-GD65 (B3) (G3)

I7 2600k

Asus GTX 560 Ti

8g G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHZ

Cooler Master GX 750W 80Plus

Can i run game med-high settings(1080p) ?

Most likely as Arma games are mainly CPU heavy and you have pretty good cpu i'd say..