Can i run the game please ? :3

CPU

Intel® Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

Video Card

GeForce GT 540M

Can i run the game please ? :3

Should be fine.*

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-540M.41715.0.html

I have an Asus S46C with i5-3317U & Nvidia GT 635M, which isn't that far ahead of your GT 540M and I can run ArmA II* at high settings with 3 km VD on Takistan.

*Assuming ArmA III runs roughly the same as ArmA II does.

RhinoGamer, I have the exact same configuration planned too, but then I thought about PhysX. An Nvidia graphics card might pull the game much better, since it supports it, right? Does anyone have comparison of ATI and Nvidia benchmarks for PhysX games?

As far as I (we) know, PhysX in Arma III is on CPU, not GPU.

As far as I (we) know, PhysX in Arma III is on CPU, not GPU.

Correct. Whether Nvidia leans on the devs to implement Extra PhysX Smoke and tacticool particle effects is unknown. :)

Correct. Whether Nvidia leans on the devs to implement Extra PhysX Smoke and tacticool particle effects is unknown. :)

I wish they wouldn't, my GTX 275 would explode. :p

It's certain that those would be optional.

Yeah, but I still would want to try it, wouldn't I? ;)

Anyway, I think it's best not to divide users into two groups, ones that own nVidia, and ones that don't. :)

Yeah, but I still would want to try it, wouldn't I? ;)

Anyway, I think it's best not to divide users into two groups, ones that own nVidia, and ones that don't. :)

Definitely. I'm strictly against unfair competition, like the one Nvidia pulls on ATI.

Definitely. I'm strictly against unfair competition, like the one Nvidia pulls on ATI.
Oh, you mean unfairness like AMD's "Never Settle Always Stutter Drivers" which over-optimized for sheer FPS, and current AMD drivers use "runt frames" to increase CrossFire FPS results to cover up the non-existent performance scaling? Unfair competition like AMD does against Intel by using blind tests without telling people about iGPU acceleration and AMD's advantage there, or mentioning that the advantage is lost with discrete GPUs? Edited by Kualus
Getting rid of a parting shot.

Processor Intel® Core i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

RAM 8.00 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB VRAM

HDD 1.5 TB

any idea how this will do?

its only a laptop so i hope it will be ok and not blow up on arma 3 lol

Edited by ryanbeckey0

Physx can be forced onto the gpu with nvidia cards so we should have the option of GPU or CPU. Also I think in one of their videos they might have mentioned gpu or cpu for the physx

Also this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?119512-Arma-3-Confirmed-features-info-amp-discussion

The link you gave us tells us this:

NOTE Pettka has confirmed that PhysX in Arma3 works fine on systems with ATI/AMD cards. PhysX will be handled by your CPU(processor) and not your GPU (video card)

Processor Intel® Core i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

RAM 8.00 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB VRAM

HDD 1.5 TB

any idea how this will do?

its only a laptop so i hope it will be ok and not blow up on arma 3 lol

It will struggle, IMO. But it's all speculation until the Alpha is released Tuesday.

My advice would be to buy the Alpha package at 24.99EUR and test it out. If it's struggling to run it, you've just saved about 20.00EUR you can spend on your next PC. :D

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-460M.33612.0.html

The GTX 460M is not that bad, it's actually better than my GT 635M, which runs ArmA II on High w/ 3 km VD. The 740QM may be two generations "behind", but it's still a true quad core - http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-740QM-Notebook-Processor.31146.0.html

mixed reactions hmm.. ill buy the alpha and hopefully it will work ok

i can run arma 2 CO on high with 2k VD like iroquois so hopefully A3 isnt that much more demanding

thanks for help guys

I'm slightly confused, for recommended specs it states the Nvidia GeForce GTS 560? I thought the GTS series only went up to 460? Or do they mean the GTX 560?

mixed reactions hmm.. ill buy the alpha and hopefully it will work ok

i can run arma 2 CO on high with 2k VD like iroquois so hopefully A3 isnt that much more demanding

thanks for help guys

Then you're set, if that's 2 km VD on Cherno.

I was wondering, at the moment these are my specs:

-AMD Athlon X2 5000+ (Dual core, 2,6Ghz)

-Nvidia Gefore 9600GT

-6GB of Ram

-310 Watt PSU

I doubt this system will run Arma 3 at minimum settings?

So i'm planning on getting a new PC. And since i dont know much about current hardware i hoped someone could give me some advice.

I was planning on getting this:

-Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

-AMD FX-8350 (8 Cores, 4,0Ghz)

-Sapphire HD 7850 OC

-8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3

-Sharkoon WPM 500Watt

Now my question ofcourse is if this is a proper setup to run Arma 3? (And other future games.)

I was wondering, at the moment these are my specs:

-AMD Athlon X2 5000+ (Dual core, 2,6Ghz)

-Nvidia Gefore 9600GT

-6GB of Ram

-310 Watt PSU

I doubt this system will run Arma 3 at minimum settings?

So i'm planning on getting a new PC. And since i dont know much about current hardware i hoped someone could give me some advice.

I was planning on getting this:

-Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

-AMD FX-8350 (8 Cores, 4,0Ghz)

-Sapphire HD 7850 OC

-8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3

-Sharkoon WPM 500Watt

Now my question ofcourse is if this is a proper setup to run Arma 3? (And other future games.)

That new PC you listed would definitely be fine for ArmA 3. You could go just a little higher and move that 7850 to a 7870 for a few bucks more. I would also look at getting another Power Supply from a more renowned company like Cooler Master, Corsair or Seasonic. Apart from that, you'd be all set.

Hey guys, will arma 3 work on windows 8? I can't imagine it not, but I just want to confirm, since I have to upgrade from xp and can't find any windows 7 in stores.

That new PC you listed would definitely be fine for ArmA 3. You could go just a little higher and move that 7850 to a 7870 for a few bucks more.
Don't forget the Radeon HD 7870 XT, available from PowerColor as the 7870 MYST Edition.
I would also look at getting another Power Supply from a more renowned company like Cooler Master, Corsair or Seasonic. Apart from that, you'd be all set.
Don't forget Enermax, Antec, and Super Flower. The only Cooler Master power supply series that I would recommend from reading what others have to say is the Silent Pro series. Don't bother with the Corsair CX line, its reliability isn't all that good.

I'm also wondering what settings/FPS I'm likely to get in A3. At the moment I'm playing Arma 2 with 25-60 fps with 'very good' settings (not completely maxed out).

Anyway here's what I've got at the moment:

Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

13GB of RAM

Windows 7

GeForce GTX 580

I actually bought this computer a year ago for £800 and I've been very impressed with it especially with all those £3000 machines people buy just to play games like BF3 and Crisis.

So far arma 2's by far the toughest game my computer runs. I remember everyone was saying how you'd need a super computer to run BF3 maxed out yet I was getting like 70FPS. I honestly don't know what I'll be playing Arma 3 at though.

Hey guys, will arma 3 work on windows 8? I can't imagine it not, but I just want to confirm, since I have to upgrade from xp and can't find any windows 7 in stores.

Uh... of course, since ArmA II OA works flawlessly on Win 8 here.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin