Sign in to follow this  
Hobostryke

ArmA 3 System Requirements

I'm also curious if anyone uses an FX-6300 and how its performance is in Arma 2. I'm using an Athlon x2 6000+ and NVIDIA 9800 GT, and Arma 2 can make my PC grind and wail. Hoping that at the least I can take the edge off that.

i have FX-6100 and i can host server, and play on it without lags (tested with A LOT OF AIs - TvT) ...i cant tell you framerate, but its really smooth. But still you can have low framerate, when u join slow-lagg server. I hope they will do something with that in Arma 3

Excellent. My computer knowledge is many years behind so it's encouraging to hear. I'm also really hoping that Arma 3 brings a whole load of optimisations to their base code.

Intel Core i7 3770

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit SP1 (Build 7601)

CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 4 Cores - 8 Threads

CPU PSN : Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1, 4.2), EM64T, VT-x, AES, AVX

CPUID : 6.A.9 / Extended : 6.3A

CPU Cache : L1 : 4 x 32 / 4 x 32 KB - L2 : 4 x 256 KB

CPU Cache : L3 : 8192 KB

Core : Ivy Bridge (22 nm) / Stepping : E1

Freq : 3810.8 MHz (102.99 * 37)

MB Brand : Asus

MB Model : P8H67-M PRO

NB : Intel Ivy Bridge rev 09

SB : Intel H67 rev B3

GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

DirectX Version : 11.0

RAM : 32768 MB DDR3 Dual Channel

RAM Speed : 686.7 MHz (1:5) @ 9-9-9-24

Slot 1 : 8192MB (10700)

Slot 1 Manufacturer : GEIL

Slot 2 : 8192MB (10700)

Slot 2 Manufacturer : GEIL

Slot 3 : 8192MB (10700)

Slot 3 Manufacturer : GEIL

Slot 4 : 8192MB (10700)

Slot 4 Manufacturer : GEIL

I hope mine works :)

Edited by OChristie

Sorry to ask may have been asnwared but its a big thread.

Will ARMA 3 support DX10.1 as my card wont do DX11 and I really hope they dont force that I am sure they wont but just making sure

Intel Core i7 3770

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit SP1 (Build 7601)

CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 4 Cores - 8 Threads

CPU PSN : Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1, 4.2), EM64T, VT-x, AES, AVX

CPUID : 6.A.9 / Extended : 6.3A

CPU Cache : L1 : 4 x 32 / 4 x 32 KB - L2 : 4 x 256 KB

CPU Cache : L3 : 8192 KB

Core : Ivy Bridge (22 nm) / Stepping : E1

Freq : 3810.8 MHz (102.99 * 37)

MB Brand : Asus

MB Model : P8H67-M PRO

NB : Intel Ivy Bridge rev 09

SB : Intel H67 rev B3

GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

DirectX Version : 11.0

RAM : 32768 MB DDR3 Dual Channel

RAM Speed : 686.7 MHz (1:5) @ 9-9-9-24

Slot 1 : 8192MB (10700)

Slot 1 Manufacturer : GEIL

Slot 2 : 8192MB (10700)

Slot 2 Manufacturer : GEIL

Slot 3 : 8192MB (10700)

Slot 3 Manufacturer : GEIL

Slot 4 : 8192MB (10700)

Slot 4 Manufacturer : GEIL

I Hope mine works :)

It'll definitely work, as the ArmA 3 preview videos were recorded with a core i7 and a roughly equivalent GTX 580. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Sorry to ask may have been asnwared but its a big thread.

Will ARMA 3 support DX10.1 as my card wont do DX11 and I really hope they dont force that I am sure they wont but just making sure

Yes, it does as DirectX 10.1 will also support DirectX 10: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/19/arma-3-system-requirements-revealed/

I was thinking about it for longer time already, we have many informations about minimal system requierments for Arma3, but I don't know which one is official. When I look at some I see that I will be able to run the game, especially when BI are concentrating on optimization of the game, but when I look at some other websites and "can you run it" website it says no for my processor and graphic card. I was able to run very smooth Arma2 on low/med graphics with my specs:

Graphic card: ASUS HD3850 512ddr3 (it's ati/amd radeon) with shader 4.1 and dx10.1 support.

Processor: Intel E2180 dual core (2,2ghz)

Ram: 6gb ddr2

Motherboard: ASUS P5K

I'm not expecting to run the game as good as Arma2, but low/very low would be fine also. The only game I couldn't run on my PC is Planetside 2 so far, it was because of no support for my graphic card.

Thanks for replay and cheers!

Edited by ddeo

At this point in time, I'm thinking that with all the optimizations that they've done with the 1.60 patch and in the new engine, I'm sure hardware that ranging from now and 2-3 years will not have a problem running the game at decent settings. They're supposed to be announcing big news soon so hopefully we'll get more info there. I just hate speculating on a game with a development line like this.

MINIMUM

OS Windows Vista SP2

Windows 7 SP1

PROCESSOR Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz

AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

GRAPHICS NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT

ATI Radeon HD 3830

Intel HD Graphics 4000

GPU MEMORY 512 MB

DirectX® 10

RAM 2 GB

HARD DRIVE 15 GB free space

HARD DRIVE (ALPHA) 10 GB free space

AUDIO DirectX® compatible on-board

OTHER Internet connection and free Steam account to activate

RECOMMENDED

OS Windows Vista SP2

Windows 7 SP1

PROCESSOR Intel Core i5-2300

AMD Phenom II X4 940

GRAPHICS Nvidia GeForce GTS 560

AMD Radeon HD 7750

GPU MEMORY 1 GB

DirectX® 11

RAM 4 GB

HARD DRIVE 25 GB free space

HARD DRIVE (ALPHA) 20 GB free space

AUDIO DirectX® compatible soundcard

OTHER Internet connection and free Steam account to activate

This game SHOULD be easy to run and my specs blow it out of the water but we will only know once in game :)

Also check out the directx for the recommended! Makes me happy

Its says "Intel HD Graphics 4000" is a minimal on the site.

Can someone from devs tell me how is fps on 3570K (HD4000) in 1080p?

Wonder how well my 7850 will handle it, (also have a i5 3570k and 16gb ram) want to be able to run it maxed out @1080p, if necessary I will buy a Gtx 780 when released as ive been meaning to move to NVidia.

Its says "Intel HD Graphics 4000" is a minimal on the site.

Can someone from devs tell me how is fps on 3570K (HD4000) in 1080p?

I too want to know this.

Those minimum requirements look similar to the Arma 2 ones!

I would think the 7850 will run it fine, can only wait and see..

I see the system requirements are included in the Arma 3 site, wonder if they will stand up to test..

:)

Edited by ChrisB

Those minimum requirements look similar to the Arma 2 ones!

I would think the 7850 will run it fine, can only wait and see..

:)

If the game puts me in the 20-30 range in the towns I'll be highly disappointed. Which is what Arma 2 is currently doing and I exceed the recommended for Arma 3 by a long shot so I except good results.

If the game puts me in the 20-30 range in the towns I'll be highly disappointed. Which is what Arma 2 is currently doing and I exceed the recommended for Arma 3 by a long shot so I except good results.

I have a HD5850 2gb and am getting alot more than 20-30fps in towns or anywhere with A2CO.. Don't think that's your card doing that..

At the specs they are saying, it could run on my A2 pc, which would be a bit of a waste of money for me..:(

I have a HD5850 2gb and am getting alot more than 20-30fps in towns or anywhere with A2CO.. Don't think that's your card doing that..

At the specs they are saying, it could run on my A2 pc, which would be a bit of a waste of money for me..:(

It's not anything in my pc that is the problem. Hopefully the game has more optimization and I MIGHT find out during the alpha (despite the performance possibly being better later on) if there are any building areas in that 20km of space.

I am using a 660 GTX, i5-3570k, 8gb ram and can run any game on ultra/high. I play Arma 2 and use vsync cus in most places I have 60 fps but in towns in certain spots it drops a little below 30 fps. I have AA turned on so the grass and everything else isnt ugly also I have shadows turned off cus certain areas the shadows like to disappear and so when I move another step they reappear and its just annoying as all heck.

Will the Alpha have AI, or just online multiplayer without?

I'd hope so but if not no biggy as this is a test and just getting to test it makes me chill as waiting for Q3 would kill me.

I wish they'd stop yanking around and put the real recommended specs this time around! Goahead and be truthful! :)

I wish they'd stop yanking around and put the real recommended specs this time around! Goahead and be truthful! :)

Yeah because my PC aint nor monster but damn ARMA 2 etc is demandning and even the recommended specs on that was a little low.

Any ways I am hoping they have improved the engine performance wise any ways

so i looked at the requirements for arma 3 and i have a ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series ill be able to run the game on atleast low right or something?

Like many I am building a rig for Arma 3. I am thinking of the following.

- Intel i5 3570K 3.4ghz

- 8 gigs of DDR3 1600 ram

- ATI HD 7970 3gb

- SSD to install on

Any thoughts or changes I should make to improve performance? I would like to run at or near max settings (obviously draw distance not maxed but reasonable)? Oh and how do you think this would handle Arma 2? Thanks for the help.

- Intel i5 3570K 3.4ghz

- ATI HD 7970 3gb

- SSD to install on

Any thoughts or changes I should make to improve performance? I would like to run at or near max settings (obviously draw distance not maxed but reasonable)? Oh and how do you think this would handle Arma 2? Thanks for the help.

It'll max out ArmA 2 and will probably run ArmA III on Very High w/out AA.

This is a cookie cutter rig with i5-3570K, which is overclockable, so you needn't worry.

It'll max out ArmA 2 and will probably run ArmA III on Very High w/out AA.

This is a cookie cutter rig with i5-3570K, which is overclockable, so you needn't worry.

Excellent. Thank you for the reply.

so i looked at the requirements for arma 3 and i have a ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series ill be able to run the game on atleast low right or something?

Get the game, see how it performs then if your card is anything like my A2 pc card HD5850 2gb, it should OC really well. I am running my 5850 at 7850 standard clock speeds, they really do OC great.

Just take it up 10 on each, go in game for a short test, once you get any odd behaviour i.e. onscreen artifacts, freezing that you haven’t had before, then knock it down the previous ten and leave it there (do it on both, mem & clock).

That all said, you may be able to run it fine on your card at medium settings as it is, if they improved things as they said they would.:)

- Intel i5 3570K 3.4ghz

- ATI HD 7970 3gb

- SSD to install on

RhinoGamer, I have the exact same configuration planned too, but then I thought about PhysX. An Nvidia graphics card might pull the game much better, since it supports it, right? Does anyone have comparison of ATI and Nvidia benchmarks for PhysX games?