Sign in to follow this  
Hobostryke

ArmA 3 System Requirements

Yeah but, since when is nVidia developing parts of other peoples games? Allowing more particles with HW accelerated PhysX would be up to BI, nVidia arent going to magic up some particles in random games.

"The Way It's Meant to Be Played"

There's a reason why Nvidia supplied PCs to BI E3 demo.

"The Way It's Meant to Be Played"

There's a reason why Nvidia supplied PCs to BI E3 demo.

You're reading way too much into that, BIS has said repeatedly that Physx will be limited to the CPU.

I dont even know why you would quote that?
Yeah but, since when is nVidia developing parts of other peoples games?

Nvidia working together with developers to implement proprietary features must be news for some.

P.S. Ragdoll on CPU, fluffy smoke on GPU, mkay?

Nvidia working together with developers to implement proprietary features must be news for some.

P.S. Ragdoll on CPU, fluffy smoke on GPU, mkay?

I still dont know where you got the idea of nVidia people working on other peoples games, because of some catchphrase? That just means the developer is nVidia's bitch and added some nVidia specific optimizations.

That just means the developer is nVidia's bitch and added some nVidia specific optimizations.

Ah, so the whole disagreement is underlined by irrational hate towards Nvidia? They are at least working with developers, helping them implement rather important tech - the physics engine. God knows BIS needs it. :D

Rnpl-gRp3FY

Particles at 8:25 look superb regardless if there's an Nvidia rep sitting at BI HQ right this moment.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Ah, so the whole disagreement is underlined by irrational hate towards Nvidia? They are at least working with developers, helping them implement rather important tech - the physics engine. God knows BIS needs it. :D

I dont hate nVidia at all(I was annoyed how ATI optimizations for AC2 had to be removed since it ran too well, but thats about it), but you need to stop getting peoples hopes up without having anything solid to base your opinions on.

im building this pc for mainly for arma 3 and few other future games and what some feed back

im got this from tigerdirect.com

hard drive: Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

motherboard:MSI 970A-G46 AMD 9 Series Motherboard - ATX, Socket AM3+, AMD 970 Chipset, 2133MHz DDR3 (O.C.), SATA III (6Gb/s), RAID, 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, SLI/CrossFireX Ready

RAM:Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A2133C11B 8GB Memory Module Kit - DDR3, 4GB x 2, 2133MHz, CL11, DIMM, XMP Ready

processer: AMD FD8150FRGUBOX FX-8150 Processor - Eight Core, 8MB L3 Cache, 8MB L2 Cache, 3.60GHz (4.20GHz Max Turbo), Socket AM3+, 125W, Fan, Unlocked, Retail

optical drive: Lite-On iHES112-04 12X Internal Blu-Ray/DVDRW Combo Drive - BD ROM/DVDRW, Software not Included, Black (OEM)

CASE: Apevia X-TRP-BL X-Trooper Mid Tower Case - ATX, Micro ATX, Baby AT, 4x 5.25" Ext, 1x 3.5" Ext, 6x 3.5" Int, 1x 200mm Blue LED, 1x 120mm Blue LED, 3x 120mm Fans, Window, 4x USB 2.0 Ports, 1x eSATA

grafix card: EVGA 02G-P3-1469-KR GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked Video Card - 2GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), 2x Dual-Link DVI-I, Mini-HDMI, DirectX 11, Dual-Slot, SLI Ready, Overclocked

power supply:Apevia ATX-WA750W Warlock 750-Watt ATX Power Supply - SLI and Crossfire Ready, 135mm Fan, Clear Sides

thanks for any help and please feel free to make any suggestions.

your build looks pretty solid but without knowing your budget its hard to suggest changes...

my recomendations for sprucing things up are in order below

1. Graphics: look at a 560 Ti at the minimum, preferably a 660 Ti if you can

2. possibly look at the motherboard too, a 970 is nice but if your slapping a 8150 in there and plan on ever OCing it, look at a 990FX board instead

3. Hard Drive - just a suggestion, if you know your NOT going to fill up 1TB, i recommend looking into a 64Gb -128Gb SSD for a boot Drive then get a 500-750Gb HDD for mass storage

4. the power supply you have is in the right range for Wattage but, at least for me, the PSU is the #1 component NOT to skimp on. If i were you i would look at this 650w http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020 or this 750w by Corsair: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139040

again these are just suggestions that I produced off the top of my head with no knowledge of your budget or anything... if you want, throw us a $$ amount and I'm sure we could come up with some alternate builds / better parts suggestions!!!!

Will a GTX 550ti be able to play the run smooth? on lowest, ~720p im happy, my cpu is I7 860 2.80 ghz, ram 8GB, currently got a GT330 but it bottlenecks with arma 2.... and i dont got alot of money so a 550ti looked like an option.. anyone can give me some info? or another card for a max of 125 euros

Will a GTX 550ti be able to play the run smooth? on lowest, ~720p im happy, my cpu is I7 860 2.80 ghz, ram 8GB, currently got a GT330 but it bottlenecks with arma 2.... and i dont got alot of money so a 550ti looked like an option.. anyone can give me some info? or another card for a max of 125 euros

GTX 550 Ti is an old gfx card, a 560 has 1.5x the shader processing cores of the 550 Ti, both cards should be in the same price range. Another option is a Radeon HD 6850, if you can find one (previous generation, thus discontinued), though the current gen Radeon HD 7770 is a better solution.

It's 560 > 6850/7770 > 550 Ti in terms of performance. The first three could afford you medium to high settings at 720p. You pick. :)

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

http://www.amazon.de/Sapphire-HD7770-Grafikkarte-Speicher-mini-DisplayPort/dp/B00761YFGQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347398099&sr=8-1 or http://www.amazon.de/XFX-Dissipation-Edition-Grafikkarte-DisplayPort/dp/B00792VT98/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1347398143&sr=8-4

Good deal I'd say, bro. :)

thank you covert i think ill go with the 660ti after doing some research on it. now will the 660ti fit on the motherbourd the i listed in the post? btw im trying to keep it under $1k and the total amount listed in my shopping cart is 959$ including the os and the 660ti gpu. and i really dont plan on overclocking anything. just want to play arma 3 :cool:

I think that's extremely unlikely since a 560ti is utterly incapable of running Arma 2 at anything like highest settings. It's a bit like having a car which can't go 70mph and asking if it will be capable of reaching 120mph when the next Grand Prix is held.

Are you really that dumb? hahahah dont make stupid claims. I have a 560ti and i Max ArmA 2 out max visibility and all settings on very high.

thank you covert i think ill go with the 660ti after doing some research on it. now will the 660ti fit on the motherbourd the i listed in the post? btw im trying to keep it under $1k and the total amount listed in my shopping cart is 959$ including the os and the 660ti gpu. and i really dont plan on overclocking anything. just want to play arma 3 :cool:

here you go, hope this helps. i built TWO builds for you, one AMD the other Intel. both have great parts in them without cutting corners and hit just under $1k

AMD: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=28130948

Intel: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=28130928

the biggest difference in my PERSONAL opinion is the AMD has a better upgrade path for you, its a stronger MotherBoard (990FX so you have SLI options and better futurability with it) and the socket AM3+ will be supported for a few more generations so you can upgrade the CPU in a few years without having to buy another mother board.

the Intel board on the other hand hits the same price but is pretty much the end of the line as far as chip upgrades. you can through a better chip of the same family (i5 gen 3) in there but you wont have the option of throwing a newer chip in there in the future.

If i were buying a build for 1k TODAY, i would buy the AMD build up i posted. the intel build is a LITTLE bit stronger RIGHT NOW, but the AMD has greater potential for less upgrade cost down the road.

take a look and let me know what you think!

GTX 550 Ti is an old gfx card, a 560 has 1.5x the shader processing cores of the 550 Ti, both cards should be in the same price range. Another option is a Radeon HD 6850, if you can find one (previous generation, thus discontinued), though the current gen Radeon HD 7770 is a better solution.

It's 560 > 6850/7770 > 550 Ti in terms of performance. The first three could afford you medium to high settings at 720p. You pick. :)

I kinda had to laugh abit, the 560 is not in the 550's price range, its exactly double the price ;) cant find it anywhere under 180 so.. thats a no-go.

about Radeons, I heard the Nvidia cards have better compatibility with Intel, and I used to have a radeon but it got pretty hot... I hope thats not the case in the new gens? I just need a card that'll give me Low-Mid graphics 720p that has an average price (so prices on most shops) under 125.

I kinda had to laugh abit, the 560 is not in the 550's price range, its exactly double the price ;) cant find it anywhere under 180 so.. thats a no-go.

180 vs 125, not exactly double. :)

about Radeons, I heard the Nvidia cards have better compatibility with Intel, and I used to have a radeon but it got pretty hot... I hope thats not the case in the new gens? I just need a card that'll give me Low-Mid graphics 720p that has an average price (so prices on most shops) under 125.

That's pure superstition RE Intel + Radeon compatibility. This new generation 7-Series are great, as were the 6-Series & 5000s before them, and 4800s prior that to that etc. Current AMD GPUs are built upon a 28nm manufacturing process, which is far more efficient in terms of waste and heat compared to the 40nm Fermi cards - the 550 Ti.

If you can't get a 560 or a 560 Ti, HD 7770 is the next best choice.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-radeon-hd-7750-and-7770-review/2

so was reading in OCAU and some people have reported sli problems in games (benching is fine) with kepler gpus. i plan to upgrade when arma 3 comes out so just wondering if anyone can confirm they have kepler sli working in arma 2 or having troubles??

180 vs 125, not exactly double. :)

That's pure superstition RE Intel + Radeon compatibility. This new generation 7-Series are great, as were the 6-Series & 5000s before them, and 4800s prior that to that etc. Current AMD GPUs are built upon a 28nm manufacturing process, which is far more efficient in terms of waste and head compared to the 40nm Fermi cards - the 550 Ti.

If you can't get a 560 or a 560 Ti, HD 7770 is the next best choice.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-radeon-hd-7750-and-7770-review/2

Alright, the choice between 7750 and 7770 is up to my budget once ready to buy a new card.

Thanks alot Iroquois.

Alright, the choice between 7750 and 7770 is up to my budget once ready to buy a new card.

Thanks alot Iroquois.

You could also research more in this general direction, but I think the current generation 7770 with AMD's solid GCN Architecture (which started @ 5800-Series AFAIR), coupled with a new manufacturing process is the best bet for the price range. :)

A lower-yield Nvidia's Kepler, like the GT 640 would be another option, but even the 7750 beats it hands down. The non-GTX Kepler cards are not worth it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gt-640-review,3214.html

I read that in ARMA 2 there were graphic problems with AMD 7xxx series. Is it true or false?

I read that in ARMA 2 there were graphic problems with AMD 7xxx series. Is it true or false?

I never heard about that.

What am I looking at here, ArmA 3 wise?

CPU: Intel I5-3570K

GPU: Gigabyte 7850 OC

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3

RAM: 8GB, 1333MHz, CL9

What am I looking at here, ArmA 3 wise?

CPU: Intel I5-3570K

GPU: Gigabyte 7850 OC

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3

RAM: 8GB, 1333MHz, CL9

Solid high settings at 1080p - a HD 7850 is almost GTX 580's territory. BIS were running I7 970 & GTX 580 at E3.

Ref.: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/05/10/nvidia-geforce-gtx-670-2gb-review/4

I have very much alike setup, except I'm running 1600Mhz CL9 ram sticks.

I can't tell you how A3 will run but A2 running smooth with some 40-50 FPS (mix of medium-high). I'd go for 1600Mhz ram and add SSD.

Yeah, I've been thinking about getting an SSD at some point. Now I've got an excuse :)

1600MHz memory isn't really an option. I've heard that my mobo (ASRock Z77 Pro3) has some trouble with anything higher than 1333.

Yeah, I've been thinking about getting an SSD at some point. Now I've got an excuse :)

1600MHz memory isn't really an option. I've heard that my mobo (ASRock Z77 Pro3) has some trouble with anything higher than 1333.

Without looking into it I can't be sure of the issues with the mobo, but likely it's just the ram being forced to run at 1333 which people complain about and it's some default setting with sandy bridge chips, for instance the 2600k is shown to support up to 1333, but you can run faster ram (1600 and higher) with that CPU, Intel just doesn't acknowledge it in the specs. You should still be able to go in and manually set your ram to run at the appropriate speeds or load up the XMP profile the ram came with assuming the BIOS has no issues with it.