Sign in to follow this  
Hobostryke

ArmA 3 System Requirements

Minimal requirement seems to be DX10.

Also, if your card is so old (5+ years) that it only supports DX9, it probably wouldn't be powerful enough anyway.

Well, it's not the GFX I'm worried about, but I guess this will render XP useless?

Don't forget game requirements :

Marek Spanel's interview on Rock, Paper, Shotgun

... .Then there are considerations for the low level tech, such as the move to DirectX 11. That was really obvious for us because DirectX 9 is no longer dominant, our users already have Windows 7 and Windows Vista. There are more advantages in moving to a more advanced API, and really DirectX 11 for us is not about fancy graphical effects, but about stability. That’s what matters on PC. That’s why DirectX 11, because the fancy things can be added later once that stability is in there. We do not see the visual advance as so important. Tesselation might be cool, but it does not really improve the overall nature of the game, and certainly does not improve the fundamental gameplay. The DirectX 11 API is now better supported by things like drivers, so by moving to that is logical. A very small number of our users now use XP, according to our data. ...

Anybody has any idea why I found Arma3.exe in my nvidia control panel? I'm just curious.

Because some clever guys in NVIDIA management are reading BI Forums, so they know about the upcoming Arma3 game ... and perhaps some other guy from development department has tell them BIS is going to use NVIDIA PhysX product ... you can never tell, those guy are so clever :cool:

yeah but isn't it a little bit too early to add arma3 to that list? i mean they do it only for few people at bohemia interactive. anyway i was surprised.

Actually, the A3 executable was there even before the "A3 ARG" started.

Hi all,

next week, I'm going to buy a new laptop (MSI GE60). I was wondering if I could play arma 3 on it, it has a gt650m GDDR5 2GB GPU, a i7 3160QM processor and 8 GB RAM.

Hi all,

next week, I'm going to buy a new laptop (MSI GE60). I was wondering if I could play arma 3 on it, it has a gt650m GDDR5 2GB GPU, a i7 3160QM processor and 8 GB RAM.

Sure I guess. Considering the game isn't out and all we have to go by right now is the rigs (quite high-end ones) that the demos at E3 and Gamescom ran on it, it's kinda hard to tell what laptops could run the game.

I'm sure the laptop will run the game, just that no one knows how well yet, and at what settings.

Hello everybody,

I'd like to ask if my HD6850 would be able to run A3 on decent settings, becouse I got offer to exchange it for GTX550ti. and I dunno to take GTX550ti or keep my HD6850.

So I'm guessing my HD6850 is better, but will it run A3 on decent settings? Because I didn't even tested it on A2 :(

I just ordered at GTX670 to replace a 460 SLI setup. hoping that this will be enough. my CPU is a Phenom II x4 @ 4.0 Ghz, my hope is with all the "optimization" speak, that this will be enough... holding out until at least community alpha to see whether this needs an upgrade too.

anyone have any opinions to offer on my situation???

From my point of view the GTX670 works fine with Arma2 ATM ... and I believe it will be the same with Arma3.

Of course, the Phenom II x4 is not the top of the notch CPU you can get but ... it will do OK for a start ... I think you will have time afterward to look -or not- for a better CPU.

my thoughts exactly... for the most part the x4 955 is fine in arma2, but there are a few campaign missions where it struggles to keep up and my FPS drop to the 20's...

Would I be able to run A3 without lag on these specs?

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @3.2 - 3.6 Ghz

HD6850 1024MB

4GB Kingston HyperX RAM

I will never go higher then 900×1440 'cause my monitor isn't larger :)

BTW: Arma 2 runs fine.

Thanks in advance.

Would I be able to run A3 without lag on these specs?

BTW: Arma 2 runs fine.

Most likely, yes.

From my point of view the GTX670 works fine with Arma2 ATM ... and I believe it will be the same with Arma3.

Of course, the Phenom II x4 is not the top of the notch CPU you can get but ... it will do OK for a start ... I think you will have time afterward to look -or not- for a better CPU.

GTX670 was ok[notably better, than insignificantly cheaper GTX660], well for DirectX10, 7950 slightly better. but less notable than in "GTX550 vs HD6850" case, of course.

and in DirectX11.x its even more notable. super-scalar&OoO AMD shaders mean LOT of horsepower ;-)

if AMD learn how to properly saturate them[and help gamedevs do same] aswell as provide optimized for their CPU, versions[in same-package as with "vanilla"], there could be Serious impact.

Edited by BasileyOne

@ BasileyOne : I don't clearly understand your point.

I will state mine again. I am having now a GTX 670 OC after having laid aside a previous HD 6970 as I was quite disappointed with it. At the moment, I am playing an ATI 4870 Vapor-X -quite a fine video card, an ATI 6870 TwinFrozr II - a very good card - and a GTS 450 -doing well-, so I will say again "from my point of view the GTX670 works fine with Arma2 ATM" nothing more nothing less.

Hi all,

Definitely, but I think you mean i7 3610QM - the most popular quad-core mobile CPU, here are the benches for the GT650, http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-650M.71887.0.html Crysis 2 on high pushing 60 FPS in a similar configuration, if that's telling you anything. :)

I would find it painful to sift through the long list of post in this thread to address something so I will just say it here. From what I know, the presentation of arma3 had a computer with a gtx 580 (single gpu) with I think either an i7 or i5. The fps from there hasn't drop below 40-50 fps and was running in reasonably high settings

Sorry to quote myself :

Gamescom PCs were high end machines : i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 (4 GB VRAM), 8 GB RAM

Having played all the BI games in the series it is without a shadow of a doubt i'll buy this gem when it's out. My issue is however my computer decided to die a terrible terrible death on me (Sad face).

I am looking to buy a new one but since my knowledge of computers has deteriorated over the past 4 years and also knowing the helpfulness of the community I was wondering if anyone in the UK (or abroad) could recommend the following:

A good system set-up for money

Where is best to buy from

Anywhere that does finance (I'm saving for a House and have two charity trips for Help For Heroes to Nepal for Everest Base camp and Tanzania for Kilimanjaro, I'll swing the donation page later )

I like to play large battles on Arma so something good enough for this.