Sign in to follow this  
Hobostryke

ArmA 3 System Requirements

Do you guys know if the intel HD 3000/4000 will be supported for this game or should i think investing into a discrete GPU (a.k.a Nvidia/AMD-ATI)?

intel cards are NOT gaming capable GFX cards. get a proper one

Another possibility is to go for two SSDs with half capacity.

six[or more] 2.5'' hdd's in RAID5 will do the trick with decent controller and cache.

let alone more faster 7.2k 10k and 15k RPM 3.5'' hdd's in action.

intel cards are NOT gaming capable GFX cards. get a proper one

i run arma2 and dayz on normal setings.

You can actually play ArmA 2 with modern day IGPs, they're just not capable of high resolutions and high settings. And they'll improve a lot with Haswell and Piledriver/Vishera.

I'm sure you can actually play ArmA 3 with them aswell. Just not with the fidelity you need to really enjoy the game a proper GPU gives you.

How about a laptop with i7, 6gb of ram and gt540m 2gb? I can run Arma2 OA smooth even in woods on this. Will Arma3 run smoother than Arma2?

You can actually play ArmA 2 with modern day IGPs, they're just not capable of high resolutions and high settings. And they'll improve a lot with Haswell and Piledriver/Vishera.

I'm sure you can actually play ArmA 3 with them aswell. Just not with the fidelity you need to really enjoy the game a proper GPU gives you.

This. An Ivy Bridge/Hasswell i7 quadcore in the high 3.3-3.5 with turbo up-to 3.9 should be able to run ArmA III on iGPU.

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

How about a laptop with i7, 6gb of ram and gt540m 2gb? I can run Arma2 OA smooth even in woods on this. Will Arma3 run smoother than Arma2?

GT540M is a Class 3 mobile GPU - http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-540M.41715.0.html

You should be able to, since ArmA's engine is CPU-bound, so your GT540M will do decent FPS, provided you turn off HDR, SSAO and AA. I used to have an i5-430M + GT330M, which is Class 3 GPU as well and it ran acceptable, though the processor was the limiting factor.

Does using an IGPU generate less heat than a dedicated one or is it irrelevent?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums so if I have done anything wrong that I have missed in the forums, please correct me.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a good answer on what kind of settings i could actually play Arma 3 on. Here are my computer specs:

Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4GHz

6.1GB RAM

640GB Hard drive. (There are two of them, each with approx 300GB on them)

Nvidia GeForce GT 555M (2GB I think)

Would really like to know if I'd be able to play this game on a high quality since Nvidia is also a big part of it. So, if anyone could tell me what kind of quality i can play it on, i will stop worrying that i might need to get an upgraded PC or something...) :confused:

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums so if I have done anything wrong that I have missed in the forums, please correct me.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a good answer on what kind of settings i could actually play Arma 3 on. Here are my computer specs:

Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4GHz

6.1GB RAM

640GB Hard drive. (There are two of them, each with approx 300GB on them)

Nvidia GeForce GT 555M (2GB I think)

Would really like to know if I'd be able to play this game on a high quality since Nvidia is also a big part of it. So, if anyone could tell me what kind of quality i can play it on, i will stop worrying that i might need to get an upgraded PC or something...) :confused:

I have no idea about mobile CPUs and GPUs, so I can't really help you, but if mobile series cards were as powerful as desktop cards, you'd be fine to run the game, probably at med-low. You'll want to upgrade if you want to play with the new graphical technology, but the i5 is powerful enough to run all the CPU side stuff, ai and physics.

Are we talking about 30fps as well? I really want a smooth ArmA experience. And i'm still a bit skeptical, because i think that I may actually be able to play a higher quality as im using Nvidia etc etc. I could play Arma 2 acceptably. And i heard that you will get a smoother experience with ArmA 3. I just hope i can play it with a good fps :j:

Does using an IGPU generate less heat than a dedicated one or is it irrelevent?

They do in A2/OA, if you change from 8 bit to 16 or 32bit. Quite a bit actually. Increasing HDR quality removes banding from nightly scenes, but it also makes Holo aim devices render horribly. Sure hope this is no longer an issue in A3.

I'm gonna hope with the seemingly improved HDR they keep boasting and showing in the videos that the unsightly glow of holo sights isn't an issue (they seemed fine in the videos so far, but HDR settings is unknown AFAIK).

An earlier post in the Operation E3 thread says the E3 Arma box had an i7 970 & a GTX 580. My box has a 3930k on an ASRock X79 Extreme4-M with 16G of RAM, & a single GTX 560 HDMI'd to a 32" display. Compared to the E3 box, my processor is better but my GFX card is not. I read somewhere that PhysX will be handled by the CPU, so which component will do most of the work in Arma 3? CPU or GPU? Thanks.

EDIT -- Just saw this thread: Are you going to upgrade because of ARMA 3? My apologies to the moderators if this post should have gone there.

Edited by Cleitus_Wigglesworth

Are we talking about 30fps as well? I really want a smooth ArmA experience. And i'm still a bit skeptical, because i think that I may actually be able to play a higher quality as im using Nvidia etc etc. I could play Arma 2 acceptably. And i heard that you will get a smoother experience with ArmA 3. I just hope i can play it with a good fps :j:

Check my YouTube channel, most of the footage had been taken on i5-430 (a generation older than your i5-2430M, which is Sandy Bridge) and GT 330M (class 3), your 555M actually had been middle-to-high end mobile GPU a year to a year and a half ago.

Use this website, it has all the info you need - http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-555M.41933.0.html

1.1K in 3DMark11 is about half of what the current generation GT650M (Mid-range Kepler) is capable of. General rule is: if you can run ArmA 2, you should be able to do the same with ArmA III minus a few settings. Though, if I were you and into mobile gaming, I'd upgrade to i7-3610QM + GT650M as a minimum, if you can.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

So I upgraded, partly because I needed to, mainly because of A3.

So far, its going horribly.

Something is wrong with the GTX 670 I think. Ive tried updating drivers and whatnot but constantly getting display driver crashes and some artifacting when trying to play A2 and CS:GO

Not really a clue what to do, gutted.

Minimal requirement seems to be DX10.

Also, if your card is so old (5+ years) that it only supports DX9, it probably wouldn't be powerful enough anyway.

What exactly is DX10?

Is it a video card? If so would this do?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (EVGA Superclocked Signature 2 Edition)

I'm a bit new to computers so if anybody can answer this question it would be greatly appreciated.

DirectX is software, not hardware - it's what is called an "API". (Actually it's several APIs such as Direct3D, DirectInput, DirectSound etc collectively called DirectX. In case you don't know, an API is basically a collection of functions used by programmers, so that they don't have to keep re-inventing the wheel.)

As a general rule, newer graphics cards will support the latest version of DirectX, aswell as all previous ones. The card you mentioned is DX11 capable, so it supports DX10, DX9 etc. aswell. It will definitely be sufficient to play Arma3 on higher settings, provided the rest of your system can keep up.

Thanks for the information.

Since the recommended requirements for high settings haven't been released yet, I think I'm going to play it safe.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

HDD: 120 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 525MB/s Read & 500MB/s Write (Single Drive)

MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] ASUS P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1 & 3 PCI (Extreme OC Certified)

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (EVGA Superclocked Signature 2 Edition)

Think this is too overkill for ARMA?

There is no overkill for Arma... Arma 3 will probably allow settings that will set the fastest hardware on fire

I found Arma3.exe, Arma3demo.exe and Arma3init_e3_protected.exe games in my nvidia control panel on games list. I just thought it might be interesting. hehe :nuts:

Probably not.