Sign in to follow this  
Hobostryke

ArmA 3 System Requirements

All is well mate :bounce3: . So 1 person says 7970m while another says gtx 680m. hmmm...I think I'll need another opinion.

All is well mate :bounce3: . So 1 person says 7970m while another says gtx 680m. hmmm...I think I'll need another opinion.

i7-3720QM and 7970M.

Because ARMA games are more CPU demanding than GPU.

AMD Phenom II x6 1065T

HEXACORE (6 physical cores) PROCESSOR 2.90 GHz

Geforce NVIDIA 670

8GB DDR3 RAM

How's that for specs for Arma 3?

AMD Phenom II x6 1065T

HEXACORE (6 physical cores) PROCESSOR 2.90 GHz

Geforce NVIDIA 670

8GB DDR3 RAM

How's that for specs for Arma 3?

Everything looks good, except your processor.. It's a bit mediocre by today's gaming standards, I'd recommend upgrading to an I5 2500K and overclock it to 4GHz.

Apart from that, you may want to invest in an SSD if you haven't already and you should be set for some decent eye-candy.

Everything looks good, except your processor.. It's a bit mediocre by today's gaming standards, I'd recommend upgrading to an I5 2500K and overclock it to 4GHz.

Apart from that, you may want to invest in an SSD if you haven't already and you should be set for some decent eye-candy.

Thanks man

Everything looks good, except your processor.. It's a bit mediocre by today's gaming standards, I'd recommend upgrading to an i5 2500K and overclock it to 4GHz.

X6 1065T is fine.

Too many people overestimate the processor performance. I mean, ARMA 2 could probably be run smoothly on a Phenom II X4, probably the same case with ARMA 3, possibly with some things slightly toned down. I think anything between an i3 and an i5 would be fine for ARMA 3. It's not like the game will constantly have 5000+ AI fighting each other at once.

I seriously doubt there is any game on the market right now that a stock speed i5 2500k wouldn't be able to max out. That's why I'm holding off from getting an aftermarket cooler now until it can no longer max things at stock speed and the coolers are all like 15 bucks cause they are 2+ generations old.

GPU is a different story. A 570 or something might have a noticeable difference from a 680/7970/5870 CF (in my case).

IE. An older processor will fare better than an older graphics card.

Edited by ruhtraeel

X6 1065T is fine.

Too many people overestimate the processor performance. I mean, ARMA 2 could probably be run smoothly on a Phenom II X4, probably the same case with ARMA 3, possibly with some things slightly toned down. I think anything between an i3 and an i5 would be fine for ARMA 3. It's not like the game will constantly have 5000+ AI fighting each other at once.

I seriously doubt there is any game on the market right now that a stock speed i5 2500k wouldn't be able to max out. That's why I'm holding off from getting an aftermarket cooler now until it can no longer max things at stock speed and the coolers are all like 15 bucks cause they are 2+ generations old.

GPU is a different story. A 570 or something might have a noticeable difference from a 680/7970/5870 CF (in my case).

I agree.

ARMA 2 could probably be run smoothly on a Phenom II X4

hate when my hardware is used as an example for a low end one :/

when i bought it they said it's new! T.T

anyway, can confirm. arma 2 runs nice on an Phenom II X4

X6 1065T is fine.

Perhaps my perceptions are skewed, as last year I upgraded from a Q9300 - an I5 2500K, quite a jump.

That and my mate always complains about his x6 1065T, often blaming it for poor performance in simulators.. I guess his complaints are likely lacking research.. As did my suggestion!

With that in mind all Quality3DHD needs is a decent SSD with a good lifespan and he's set.

I´m going to buy new computer with: i5 3570 ivy bridge 3.4 ghz | hd 5770 1gb gddr5 shappire | 8 gb ram ddr3 1600 mhz kingston.

I´m going to buy new computer with: i5 3570 ivy bridge 3.4 ghz | hd 5770 1gb gddr5 shappire | 8 gb ram ddr3 1600 mhz kingston.

If you're going to go with a graphics card like that, then get a 7770

From my point of view BIS have a tendency of underestimating the GPU powerlevel in the official requirements.

There is a wide gap between a playable game and an enjoyable one ... and Arma3 seems to be very promising visually, apparently using all possible DX11 effects, so you may need the best GPU you can possibly afford ! (Taking in account the GPU power and your creditcard power)

I too agree.The 5770 is ''good for playing movies'' and light gaming. Get second hand GTX 570 or 560 Ti (etc..) if you have to :)

I got 5770 because it´s cheaper as hell for only 68€ and I wanna to bought the best CPU I can (i5 3550 3.3ghz ivy bridge) with a good cooler (coolermaster TX3 EVO) = 213 €. It´s easy to upgrade the GPU, but not the CPU for me. So I just buy a decent GPU now and 7 months later - 8 months later I buy new one for ArmA 3 if needed.

HD 7770 is for 133€ , almost two of this.

Edited by CTCCoco

If your ArmA2 OA runs at (at least) 40 fps+ on high or max details, it should run ArmA3 without choke on a one level down settings (med or high)

Yes not to also include that ARMA 2 is not very optimized. Therefore the framerate is alot lower than it should be than if it was optimized better.

---------- Post added at 23:52 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

---------- Post added at 23:53 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

Do you guys think I can run this game pretty decently? It doesn't have to be Ultra settings maybe just High settings.

My Specs:

Processor: AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core 4.2 GHz

Graphics: Nvidia EVGA GTX 480

RAM: 8gb DDR3 1600

From my point of view BIS have a tendency of underestimating the GPU powerlevel in the official requirements.

There is a wide gap between a playable game and an enjoyable one ... and Arma3 seems to be very promising visually, apparently using all possible DX11 effects, so you may need the best GPU you can possibly afford ! (Taking in account the GPU power and your creditcard power)

Yup totally agree.

It took me along time to get my rig to where I would consider it runs arma2 smoothly but it has been able to run it since day one just not well.

There's also a big difference between playing any arma game with 1 or 2 m8s and a few AI and playing it with 60-100 m8s with hundreds of AI

I got 5770 because it´s cheaper as hell for only 68€ and I wanna to bought the best CPU I can (i5 3550 3.3ghz ivy bridge) with a good cooler (coolermaster TX3 EVO) = 213 €. It´s easy to upgrade the GPU, but not the CPU for me. So I just buy a decent GPU now and 7 months later - 8 months later I buy new one for ArmA 3 if needed.

HD 7770 is for 133€ , almost two of this.

PM'd you.

@ Rapture686 : You must tell us what are the paths BIS must follow to a better

Optimization

in Arma2 ... I believe that since Arma release BIS has done a tremendous job on optimization and is still working on it, have a look at last Betas... and I will add Arma2 is not BF3 !

About your rig :

Processor: AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core 4.2 GHz

Graphics: Nvidia EVGA GTX 480

RAM: 8gb DDR3 1600

1° Remember, "if you can play Arma2, you can play Arma3",

2° Due to some building design, the AMD FX-8150 is not at ease with games, have a look here : http://www.hardware.fr/articles/842-20/jeux-3d-crysis-2-arma-ii-oa.html

3° The GTX 480 is still a good card ... with higher power usage, higher temp and less performances than up to date GPUs.

You can probably play Arma2 on "very high" with a limited view distance ... and need to tweak all the parameters to get an enjoyable result ... it will be probably the same in Arma3.

We have now just some months to wait before "Community Alpha" and then you will know the truth.

@ Rapture686 : You must tell us what are the paths BIS must follow to a better

in Arma2 ... I believe that since Arma release BIS has done a tremendous job on optimization and is still working on it, have a look at last Betas... and I will add Arma2 is not BF3 !

About your rig :

1° Remember, "if you can play Arma2, you can play Arma3",

2° Due to some building design, the AMD FX-8150 is not at ease with games, have a look here : http://www.hardware.fr/articles/842-20/jeux-3d-crysis-2-arma-ii-oa.html

3° The GTX 480 is still a good card ... with higher power usage, higher temp and less performances than up to date GPUs.

You can probably play Arma2 on "very high" with a limited view distance ... and need to tweak all the parameters to get an enjoyable result ... it will be probably the same in Arma3.

We have now just some months to wait before "Community Alpha" and then you will know the truth.

Yeah I'm not sure why I went with the 8150. It's kinda upsetting because everywhere I looked it looked like it performed awesome even on games. I guess most games are just gpu heavy nowadays. I was kind of on a budget maybe when I upgrade I'll get an i7 3770 :D So you think its going to be my processor that holds me back?

Edited by Rapture686

Yeah I'm not sure why I went with the 8150. It's kinda upsetting because everywhere I looked it looked like it performed awesome even on games. I guess most games are just gpu heavy nowadays. I was kind of on a budget maybe when I upgrade I'll get an i7 3770 :D So you think its going to be my processor that holds me back?

Eh, I think you'll do ok. How do other games play? Have you tried playing games like Crysis 2, BF3, MW3, or Max Payne? How do they hold up?

Eh, I think you'll do ok. How do other games play? Have you tried playing games like Crysis 2, BF3, MW3, or Max Payne? How do they hold up?

I can play BF3 all the way maxed at 40-55 fps constant on outdoor maps and about 60 constant on indoor maps. I can play skyrim maxed at 50-60fps with graphics mods. I just built this rig and I don't have many games other than those that put it to the test.

I can play BF3 all the way maxed at 40-55 fps constant on outdoor maps and about 60 constant on indoor maps. I can play skyrim maxed at 50-60fps with graphics mods. I just built this rig and I don't have many games other than those that put it to the test.

Here's a video that might interest you,

I think you'll do ok.

Re: @rapture686

I would agree with that comment. I can’t see the setup you have being a problem at all..