Sign in to follow this  
Hobostryke

ArmA 3 System Requirements

Download GPU-Z

It says: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series cant find anything else like 6750, 6770, 6790 or anything like that?

It says: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series cant find anything else like 6750, 6770, 6790 or anything like that?

Well, you can also try CPU-Z.

Well, you can also try CPU-Z.

Yeah ive done that and it says AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series so i think it just 6700 and nothing else.

Right mouse button on empty space on desktop->AMD Vision Engine Control Center->On the bar on the left choose 'Information' then 'Hardware'

Right mouse button on empty space on desktop->AMD Vision Engine Control Center->On the bar on the left choose 'Information' then 'Hardware'

Thanks for the tip but again i see AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series haha:p

I had/have an HD4870 that did that. You can also check with the supplier (If you bought it online you probably get an email specifying details about your PC, or if you didnt maybe check the bill).

If even that doesnt work you can also open your PC and look on the card itself, though you may have to take it out to be able to read it.

Thanks for the tip but again i see AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series haha:p

Damn, open your PC case and it should say model number on your GPU :D

Shouldn't really matter anyway. I highly doubt you would need a latest gen GFX-card to be able to run the game. Any card in the 67xx-series shouldn't have any problems with this on mid/low-settings, except possibly some mobility-versions. So as long as you're not on a laptop, I wouldn't worry.

Any card in the 67xx-series shouldn't have any problems with this on mid/low-settings, except possibly some mobility-versions.

True.

Some new friendly advice when it comes to recomended PC specs from our friend Dwarden! (over at Rock Paper Shotgun comments section) "think more about DX11 cards with 1GB VRAM as minimum, that’s safer (so HD5770 and GTX460)"

Off ARMA3 topic, I think if your computer can handle BF3 very well, then ARMA3 is a piece of cake. :P

I'm pretty sure Arma 3 will cripple most modern PC's. Arma 2 doesn't run at max settings on even the fastest PC today and Arma 3 looks way more demanding. Comparing it to BF3

and assuming your PC will walk all over it is wishful thinking. IF (and it's a big IF) Bohemia can get all threads/cores working fully on the game then there's a chance high end modern PC's will be able to handle it but its taken three years for top of the range PC's to be just about able to run Arma 2 adequately so I'd say a top PC from 2015 should be able (hopefully) to give 60fps quite a lot of the time.

That is why they are releasing beta patches and we will also be able to run the alpha. So when the game will be release it will (hopefully) run smoother than the previous games.

Can't wait. It's nice to at least have ONE game that pushes PC hardware these days.... In a world of console ports, it's hard to find a real PC game now.

Hey everyone,

I am going to eventually upgrade my computer for ArmA 3, and my question is based on what I already have, which would be the first/best thing to upgrade for better performance? Also what products do you recommend. Thanks.

Here's the specs:

MOBO: ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 970 (3.5 Ghz)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 rpm

PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650 watt

Edited by Jake34

I must really upgrade my pc, technically I shouldnt even be able to play Arma 2 with what I got now (AMD athlon II dual core 2.8 ghz cpu, Nividia geeforce gt220 gpu) What do you think I should upgrade first, the cpu or the gpu?

I must really upgrade my pc, technically I shouldnt even be able to play Arma 2 with what I got now (AMD athlon II dual core 2.8 ghz cpu, Nividia geeforce gt220 gpu) What do you think I should upgrade first, the cpu or the gpu?

Both, but the CPU is what Arma prefers chewing on. If you want a reliable GPU setup on a budget, a couple of older cards such as two GT480s in Crossfire/SLI should(Read:I guess) work.

@Jake34 : don't touch anything, for it seems your rig is meeting the game "expected requirements".

But if you have some money to spend, try to enhance the storage part.

I have been very suspicious about SSD, but I have get a better experience in game when I switch to a SSD for my System disk an a much better experience using a SSD as a dedicated Arma2 disk.

If you are using 7, you can also try to use some SSD caching for your disk system, such as Adrenaline by Crucial or Synapse from OCZ.

@paecmaker : you are right, the case looks desperate ... the only thing I can suggest -apart building a whole enhanced rig- is to get a nice GPU supporting DX11 and meeting the game expected requirement before Community Alpha release

Ok. Here is the deal. I do not know to much about computers and I know that there is a lot of people on this board that have a quite good amount of knowledge. I have been looking around at a Swedish site which goal is to build and sell gamingcomputers for a decent price. They can also custombuild a computer for you, and sending them questions, suggestions and so on, does not cost a thing. With other words; I can give them an idea and and they'll fix it for me. Obviously, I could just tell them that I want a computer that can run Arma 3, or pay for their best rigg, but that will certainly not be the most cheapest way...I may even get things that are not required.

So I'd would like some suggestions on a custom build computer for arma 3. Down bellow I have randomly picked some of the computers that is found on the site.

The first one is the most expensive computer I found. If we modify these computers, what would have to be modified? Because i reckon they're not good enough....I would appreciate suggestions on how to make it possible to run arma 3. With run, I mean ability to at least run it at medium. Dont know if there is any specifik system req for arma 3 though.

Here it is.

Alternative_1

[Gamer i7 2600 - Cosmos S] 12 000kr

Processor

Tillverkare: Intel

Modell: Intel Core i7 2600 95W, 8mb, 1155

Speed: 3,4Ghz

Number of cores: 4, HT ger upp till 8st. logiska kärnor

Internal memory

Size: 16GB, (4 x 4GB)

Memory type: G.Skill Ripjaws Gaming - DDR3 1600MHz

Graphic card

Developer: Nvidia

Modell: GeForce GTX 580 1536MB

DirectX: 11

Connections: 1x HDMI, 2x DVI, 1x DisplayPort

Harddrive

Size: 1TB (1000GB)

Speed: 7200RPM, 32mb cache

Connection: Serial ATA-300

Motherboard

tModell: Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3

PCI-express x16 (lediga): 2 (1)

PCI-express x1 (lediga): 3 (3)

PCI 32-bits (lediga): 2 (2)

Soundcard: Realtek 7.1 surround

Network Wired 10/100/1000 Mbit/s

Alternative_2

[Gamer i5 2320 - Elite 334] 6400kr (good price imo)

Processor

Developer: Intel

Modell: Intel Core i5 2320, 6MB, 32nm, 95W, 1155

Speed: 3,0Ghz

Numbr of cores: 4

Internalmemory

Size: 8GB, (2 x 4GB)

Memorytype: G.Skill Ripjaws Gaming - DDR3 1333MHz

Free space: 2

Graphiccard

Developer: AMD

Modell: Radeon HD6850 1GB

Connections: 1 x HDMI, 2 x DVI

Harddrive

Connections: Serial ATA-300

Motherboard

Modell: Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3

Overall

Network: Wire 10/100/1000 Mbit/s

Soundcard: Realtek ALC892 7.2

Alternative_3

[Gamer i5 2320 - Cosmos S] 8000kr

Processor

Developer:ntel

Modell: Intel Core i5 2320, 6MB, 32nm, 95W, 1155

Speed: 3,0Ghz

Number of cores: 4

Internalmemory

Size 8GB, (2 x 4GB)

Minnestyp: G.Skill Ripjaws Gaming - DDR3 1333MHz

Lediga platser: 2

Graphiccard

Tillverkare: AMD

Modell: Radeon HD6850 1GB

Anslutningar: 1 x HDMI, 2 x DVI

Harddrive

Connection: Serial ATA-300

Motherboard

Modell: Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3

Powersupply: AXP

Strenght:: 500W

Networkcard: Wire 10/100/1000 Mbit/s

Soundcard: Realtek ALC892 7.20

The view on this will differ but I was to build PC today, this is what I'd get with ''best bang for buck'' in mind

I 'd recommend i5 more becouse i7 is uber CPU and unless you will be playing with (not literally) 100 mods and loads of AI there's no task the i5 wouldn't handle with ease.

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=660227

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=746634

or

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=637621

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=640642

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=745702

I'd probably wait for GTX 670 ot 650Ti here though

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=661297

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=630674

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=623444

I recommend that you wait until the game is released.....

I have ArmA2 running quite reasonably on my second rig, E6400 dual core 2.4ghz and a gt250. Waiting to see what A3 is actualy like before buying all hardware is only worth it if you are out to run A3 at top settings, but guess what, filling that dream is just a matter of going out the day before A3 isreleased and getting whatever is on the top shelf. Reality is A3 is being develpoed with hardware that can be purchased today. If your on a buget and cant afford to buy a mid priced gaming package off some shelf then I'd focus on getting yourself a newer generation i7 or i5 cpu and a mobo from a reputable manufacturer.And building up from there as you can aford it. I doubt there is anything on any of those xtreme gaming and enthusiast mobos that you'll need. Just make sure it has some 6G sata & usb3.0 plugs for future proofing. Later when A3 is released find the GPU that hits the best price/power point and you should have yourself something that works. Then if you have the cookies a SSD would be a good way to go also.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Waiting to see what A3 is actualy like before buying all hardware is only worth it if you are out to run A3 at top settings, but guess what, filling that dream is just a matter of going out the day before A3 isreleased and getting whatever is on the top shelf.

I disagree - doing this (i.e. buying the most expensive hardware available on release date) would not have let you run flawlessly at maximum specs for CWA, ArmA, or ArmA 2 for that matter. The great (albeit irritating) thing about BI's games is that they are quite well future proofed.

My computer, for example, is made wholly out of components available after the release date of A2, including 2 pretty solid (for the time) cards in SLi, and a 3-way SSD RAID 0 - and I still can't achieve maximum settings in a playable state.

Neither can this guy, and look it his rig.

I still reckon waiting to see what runs A3 well before committing money to a new build is the best way to go... unless you need a new computer ASAP.

I am wondering if the Nvidia Geforce GT525M will meet or exceed the minimum video card requirements for arma 3

I would be appreciative if you respond and thanks for your valuable time.

Edited by richincalifornia

I am wondering if the Nvidia Geforce GT525M will meet or exceed the minimum video card requirements for arma 3

I would be appreciative if you respond and thanks for your valuable time.

It should, but just barely. It is NOT a gaming gfx card by any stretch

Could someone help me understand what additional VRAM does to improve Arma's performance?

Will it:

-Increase framerates

-Increase smoothness

-Maybe both?

I've been pressing F5 on Newegg for two weeks now waiting to get a (non-reference) GTX 680. With Arma 3 being the main justification for upgrading to a high-end GPU I'm wondering if perhaps going for 4GB of VRAM would be a wise choice.

My system (minus GPU):

-Intel Core i7 920 @4.2ghz

-Gigabyte X58-UD4P Motherboard

-Kingston 6GB DDR3 1333mHz RAM

-1x OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD (boot + Arma 2 + BF3); 1x OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD (FSX + Arma 3 ;)); 1x Western Digital Caviar Black 7200rpm 500GB HDD; 1x Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200rpm 1TB HDD

-Antec 750W PS

-Antec 300 Two Case

Given that basic setup, will 4GB of VRAM offer significantly increased performance over 2GB of VRAM at 1920x1080p?

Thanks for speculating! :cool: