Sign in to follow this  
tekrc

will the start be fixed?

I notice in the preview that the starter spins up the rotors rather than just the engine and on all the real life videos that I've seen, the rotors don't start turning until fuel introduction. will this be fixed in the beta or full version so that it acts like is shown in the trailer so the rotors wont start til after ignition?

Edited by tekrc

I notice in the preview that the starter spins up the rotors rather than just the engine and on all the real life videos that I've seen, the rotors don't start turning until fuel introduction. will this be fixed in the beta or full version so that it acts like is shown in the trailer so the rotors wont start til after ignition?

Without going into too much detail the starter can spin the blades unless you're flying a machine where you have to manually engage the rotors. Either way, the blades do spin up really quickly, but don't sweat the small stuff.

Without going into too much detail the starter can spin the blades unless you're flying a machine where you have to manually engage the rotors. Either way, the blades do spin up really quickly, but don't sweat the small stuff.

i understand that but the rpm jumps halfway to idle in 1 second... just kinda takes away from the immersion... like

: once the starter is spooled, the rotor moves some but it doesn't spin up nearly as fast as in the preview/beta. Edited by tekrc

Maybe because they want you to do the start procedure without having to waste minutes of your life waiting while it actualy spins up.

You will be asking for paint drying simulators next.

I think that would be a nice part of the simulation. Compare to the

, which not only starts up a bit slower, but also features much better sounds. So, uhm, like, what happened to the sounds?

Maybe because they want you to do the start procedure without having to waste minutes of your life waiting while it actualy spins up.

TKOH startup will still be casual, look at Falcon 4.0

Ok nother question. Will it be possible to modify existing helicopters or make new ones the way startups can be performed more realitic? Or does the game engine give us limitations?

SamB

Ok nother question. Will it be possible to modify existing helicopters or make new ones the way startups can be performed more realitic? Or does the game engine give us limitations?

SamB

yes I believe that should be something in the options so people can choose a fast start or a realistic spool. would be an excellent compromise to the points here I think

This "small" stuff if the program is titled a "flight simulator". The FS community wants more than 3 switches to be thrown and full realism. So far I did not see it in the community beta. How can you implement or try to introduce physics in an engine that does not accompany it?

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Ever think people want that? Obviously not...

This "small" stuff if the program is titled a "flight simulator".

It's not. TakOH is titled as a "helicopter game".

Will it be possible to modify existing helicopters or make new ones the way startups can be performed more realitic?

Yes, there is a set of commands related to the start-up and shutdown sequences, which can be used to modify them for community-made helicopters or mods.

We are providing our take on helicopters in the initial release, but the community is more than free to modify the experience and share with us their take on helicopters :)

Thank You once again for a quick reply. Other developers can learn from You. Have a nice evening:)

SamB

Yes, there is a set of commands related to the start-up and shutdown sequences, which can be used to modify them for community-made helicopters or mods.

so if thats the case, we could set them up to have a more realistic spool as well?