Sign in to follow this  
lucilk

R.a.i.f. - w.i.p.

I wanted to show you guys what am i working on, so i can get some feedback.

I will show you some diagrams that do not represent the final product but just to give and idea of what is this because i usually start my work with a sketch.

I intend to do a complex scripted A.I. behavior, where the goal is to have the AI react as close as a human player in some situations.

The game has a lot of possibilities to get me started in creating this script pack.

The ideal goal will be to have a situation where you create your own scenario and you just influence the parameters of the force.

For example, you create your nice mission, where the objective is to rescue pilot, kill officer and take over a city, well you can use this to populate everything from enemies in buildings, enemy CAS, artillery, reinforcements, patrols, counter attack, flanking, deploying defensive position, etc. You will only need to tell the script what force to use and how many supplies you want them to have according to the human team. It's basically mean to imitate a TVT mission scenario where the AI will not just stand there for you to shot him, he will flank, use supports, attack and even.... call for truce ... for 2hours.

These are some starting key points:

what will do?

-react in a strategic and controlled mode when in combat and peace situations

-imitate a real life conflict between 2 forces

how will i do this?

-trough a lot of pre-processed functions

-simple FSM scripts for loops and fast decisions

-keep everything connected to a core that can be pre-programmed or changed on the fly

Realistic Artificial Intelligence Force

more info to come...

Have a look at this images and tell me what you think.

Hopefully you will understand and i am waiting for some feedback.

Diagrams:

raif1.PNG

Scenario Example

raif2.PNG

raif3.PNG

raif4.PNG

raif5.PNG

raif6.PNG

Edited by lucilk
added some stuff

Interesting concept - looking forward to seeing what you come up with

I'm very interested in how this project will turn out. I'm making a small island for warfare (suitable for smaller TvT groups) with a border area. Lemme know if you need any help with island for scenario tests.

thank you for your interest, i just want to mention that i am still at scripting the main FSM, or core of this all system, but also to point out that this is a part of a larger script pack that i will release soon, that is aimed for TVT, but even smaller more complex missions.

The pack is called LK-scripts and includes a lot of features like uav,ulb,nuclear bomb, ace support, acre support, construction interface, recruitment, dynamic missions, persistent mission data witch will keep the mission going for a week even with restarts, you can inject the last saved data back in to the next restart, and much more.

So the idea of this is much larger, and will be straight aimed for making Arma gameplay, persistent, realistic, diverse and fun.

The conclusion is, that i don't want it to be a warfare behavior but more like a dynamic behavior ,one that will see warfare mode as a part of this.