Sign in to follow this  
rocket

USEC LHA AI Airboss

A standalone component of the USEC Revolution system is being released.

The USEC LHA AI Airboss, is a series of controllers who provide Air Traffic Control to player aircraft in and around a spawned LHA.

A mission maker simply places a single game logic and the scripts take care of the rest. Functions are quite extensive, the gameplay video gives a pretty good overview.

• Vectoring to mission-set waypoints/ship
  • Controlled takeoff, landing, and patterns
  • Deck management and vehicle spawning/servicing
  • Integration with land requests (CAS, Gunship, Transport) from players on the ground
  • Dedicated server and singleplayer tested and compatable
  • Fully ACE compatable

XkvJmjYRvO4

Mission makers who are interested, contact me to receive download links. Will need to wait for final build before release (October 2011).

Hi Rocket

I loved your LHA back in Arma 1 and also the Tyconderoga Cruisers.

Now in Arma 2 I think that revisiting them would be a good idea. They were extremely well done.

- Adding the Artillery computer from OA the fore mk45 could be used for fire missions.

- With Primarygunner and Primary Observer config lines the fore and aft missile launchers could be enabled so they are useful with OA radar and such.

- I have worked with GNAT to enable countermeasures in his ships and compatible weapons so Anti ship missiles can be spoofed with them (Super RBOC o similar systems)

- There are scripts that could be used to simulate the Mk41 VLS, so the Mk13 launchers could be removed.

- The landing pad system could be reworked to use attachto instructions.

Any chance for seeing them again in Arma 2?

PS: The LHA airboss system looks total overkill.

If only BIS would release the LHD p3ds to turn it into a movable ship :(

I'm sure I don't fully understand what it does but still...it looks absolutely awesome :)

Keep it up, can't wait for october !

Amazing system, a couple questions though.

1) how much space would this sytem take up in a mission? assuming the sounds are included in the mission and not a mod.

2) was that lovely ch-53 ever released?

1) how much space would this sytem take up in a mission? assuming the sounds are included in the mission and not a mod.

There are two implementations:

1. My first attempt was to write a text-to-speech console app, and passed the text from ArmA2 to this via JayArmA2Lib. This required the user to download and run a seperate console application, which I felt limited its appeal.

2. My second attempt, which is what is displayed, was to bake out key sounds and words and then assemble them in SQF. The total size of all these is ~5mb per "voice". If you only need one controller, then it is 5mb. This 5mb can be trimmed down, as it contains over 200 words per voice, and not all are needed in base implementations of the Airboss.

Awesome work Rocket. What would be great now, is to use a condition that when the helo is close to landing at it's assigned pad, a Deck crewman is spawned from somewhere, he walks out, and then time it just right to where he does the air marshaling animation until the helo sits down on the deck, then he'd walk away and disappear again.

Great, great work.

Keep it up

What would be great now, is to use a condition that when the helo is close to landing at it's assigned pad, a Deck crewman is spawned from somewhere, he walks out, and then time it just right to where he does the air marshaling animation until the helo sits down on the deck, then he'd walk away and disappear again.

That's a really good idea. Anyone know if there are already suitable hand gestures made? I can bake some out, but if they're already done it will save a lot of time.

I believe there is this one: this switchMove navigationHeli; You may have to add quotation marks around it, or try playMove.....anyways, I know you'll know what to do.

I didn't time it, and it's kinda like an all inclusive Air Marshaling animation, and you might be able to break it apart into separate phases depending on relative position to the specific landing pad.

Again, love the work even without the animation.

I have just seen the video on Armaholic - awesome and amazing - thanks for all you hard work.

Pretty cool stuff going on in that video, impressive script-work. Having some AI using hand signals to guide you in at the end would be quite impressive and very much appreciated by some people (little too much for me personally haha). Unfortunately I wouldn't know much about getting animations in game or the difference between "gestures" and animations. What I did for the catapult officer on the Nimitz was just a full-body animation that I barely managed to get into the game. Eventually, if interest comes back to me, I'll revisit it and try to figure it out and get it working. Best of luck with this.

Yeah I'm a USEC member and I've helped with and done quite a bit of testing with this system and it is very impressive. It beats what the Sahrani/Chernarus/Zargabad Life guys have by a long shot and I know that their stuff was awesome as I used to play on the servers that had those missions. Granted I'm not quite experiencing the whole thing due to severe packet loss, but even with that it is still an awesome thing to see and use. Rocket knows how to make his stuff and make it extremely high quality.

Wow, simply amazing. I can't remember how long I wanted an "AI" Flight Controller...

Great work!

I hate digging up old threads, but this one looks to good to pass by...

Rocket, is this still in development? This would be an incredible addition to the ArmA 2 community.

If this is not in development, can this thread be closed to prevent others from digging it up???