Sign in to follow this  
sabre

US Army (OCP)

arma2oa2011-09-1820-23-14-68.gif

th_arma2oa2011-09-2811-49-17-68OCP.jpgth_arma2oa2011-09-2309-17-17-06OCP.jpg

Had bits of a Multicam US Army reskin laying around for ages, decided to touch some of it up and put them out.

They are reskins of the OA guys so there gear isn't 100% correct anymore compared to the current day US Army in Afghanistan, but they do an alright job at it.

They work with both ACE and Vanilla.

The units can be found under:

If your running ACE:

US Army > US ARMY (OCP) >

Non ACE:

US > US ARMY (OCP) >

Credits

BIS/Johannes - Models, Original normals and textures.

Sabre - Texture and Normal editing.

RavenDK - Original Config work.

Nordin - Config work inlcuding ACE friendlyness, clean up and trying to figure out the wound textures.

Binkowski - Having a crack at the wound textures problem.

Known Issues

- Wound textures arn't working at the moment, if you can figure it out that'd be awesome. - Fixed 0.1

- Backpacks are still ACU, I edited the textures anyway, they still read from the OA files so they don't get used.

- Not really an issue but, Soldier (light), Officer and Pilot's have been removed, I have no intention to redo those units in Multicam at the moment.

- Camo doesn't match/line up properly on the helmet, couldn't be assed to get it to match with how the UV is, it isn't very friendly to anything but digital patterns.

*Requires ArmA2:Operation Arrowhead*

Version 0.1 -

- Nordin fixed some config issues, fixing the missing AT soldiers and the Blood/Wounded Textures.

- Now found under US > Men (OCP) and US Army > Men (OCP) For ACE users to suite the existing ArmA2 structure.

Link

0.1 - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15319

------------------------

Replacement config for OA US Army By Humvee28

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E7DZ3541

If someone can take some good screens, post them up too, I just did those hurried shite ones.

Enjoy.

Edited by Sabre
Put link backup

now this, is fucking awesome. thanks for this bro. saved me the time lol. these are really good! glad to see these were released, expect my latest RCP mission to have these :).

wooo more sabre stuff, can never have enough. amazing work as always mate.

They're absolutely gorgeous! without a doubt the best OCP reskins out there. But Sabre PLEASE consider making the officer and light soldiers as well. Every OCP reskin forgetts them...

Wait, you had these simply lying around? They're awesome!

More or less, I have fixed a fair few things on them over the last week or so but have had fully MC OA guys sitting there for ages, just no configs :D

Glad you guys like them so far.

Thanks for the mirror and replacment config aswell guys :)

They're absolutely gorgeous! without a doubt the best OCP reskins out there. But Sabre PLEASE consider making the officer and light soldiers as well. Every OCP reskin forgetts them...

Can't give you much more than a maybe on that one at the moment.

Great work on these!

These might get me back to play Arma 2 so now and then :)

So now get the Flight suit PMC's out of the closet and released as well mate, these however have best Multicam out there to date!!

These look great! The 82nd Airborne and ISAF SSI complete the look. :D

Thanks for that Humvee28.

Backpacks are still ACU, I edited the textures anyway, they still read from the OA files so they don't get used.

If you don't feel like re-texturing the existing backpacks into OCP pattern, what you can do (or anyone else for that matter), is edit the config file so that the unit(s) in question use either the "US_Patrol_Pack_EP1" backpack or the "US_Backpack_EP1" backpack, which are both brown in color and would match the OCP pattern somewhat. ;)

Cheers.

Edited by Laqueesha

I have re-done the backpack textures that are the addon .pbo, but they still grab the backpacks from characters_e.pbo or whichever it is I think.

Really great looking addons!

Dunno if they exist in the config, but in the editor you don't have the option to place AT soldiers. Either missing or not scope=2.

Regarding the error:

Vehicleclass is missing with those units!

My fault,I sent Saber an old config for this release. I have sent him a new one and he will update when he is ready.

yeah, sabre. you're right on the backpack issue. sadly :(.