I think the latest round of CBA and/or ACE changes may have broken ASR_Appendix - I have raised a CIT with the details.

Thanks, more info requested on ticket. I suggest comparing your userconfig content with the defaults, some defines may be changed and needing a value.

My mistake - apologies. I forgot to get Six to update the userconfigs. Sorry for bothering you!

My mistake - apologies. I forgot to get Six to update the userconfigs. Sorry for bothering you!

No problem. Well formulated support requests are easy to solve :thumbsup:

Glad to see them CBA wasn't them problem :P

It's still your fault SB - Six should have told me I forgot to update userconfigs (again!) :p

It's still your fault SB - Six should have told me I forgot to update userconfigs (again!) :p

:P ;-)

I have these settings set and I can't tell anything has changed. Playing most recent ACE with CBA.

//disable losing gear when getting in as pilot/crew in ACE

#define ASR_ACE_unrestrictedCrewGear

//disable ACE earplug requirement (assume everyone is wearing some ear protection)

#define ASR_ACE_everyoneHasEarProtection

I have these settings set and I can't tell anything has changed. Playing most recent ACE with CBA.

//disable ACE earplug requirement (assume everyone is wearing some ear protection)

Do you mean you're loading this mod in SP or on your server and you still go deaf and lose the gear ? I need more info about your issue in a ticket please, tracker link in first post.

Do you mean you're loading this mod in SP or on your server and you still go deaf and lose the gear ? I need more info about your issue in a ticket please, tracker link in first post.

Actually quite the contrary with ear protection. I can fire any machine gun steadily and not need any ear protection. I noticed as soon as the ASR stuff was disabled, suddenly I had the ear ringing when firing without earplugs within moments of firing. At least for myself and a few friends during out coops and in the editor as well.

Robalo

Some CWR2 classes are not equipped with meds. This classes could be added to ASR_ACE_Wounds_AutoInit_vehiclesWithMeds:

"cwr2_HMMWV","cwr2_UAZ_MG","cwr2_M113","cwr2_bmp1","cwr2_BMP2","cwr2_Mi17","cwr2_UH60MG"

Hi Robalo,

I use your mods to enhance my A2 OA experience which is almost exclusively SP. ASR AI is a milestone, couldn't play without it anymore!

But the same goes for your ASR Appendix! What a humble name for such a great mod! :icon14:

Really, if one wants immersion in his A2 OA gaming and wants to enjoy the more realistic type of missions or even sandbox missions like APOCALYPSE/LOST which I play these days, the ASR Appendix helps to get even more bang for your buck out of ACE.

First, ACE wounding system makes you really FEEL how it is like to be an underequipped and badly trained resistance fighter! Ok, I always used the regular ACE option 'SP Medic' for the main character who is also leader in these missions; but imagine how I, the only one trained as a medic, felt more than once when I had run out of Morphine to ease my comrades pain! I had in a game on Podagorsk led them into a firefight they could not win and only nightfall enabled me to decimate the enemy in urban CQB since they had not NVG for all their men; then I could load my wounded comrades into a Truck and evacuate them to our camp. And their they were on the concrete floor of a warehouse, hastily patched up with bandages, but rolling, moaning and sometimes screaming in pain! Until you find a M.A.S.H. or Medivac vehicle (or whatever vehicles you set in ASR userconfig; it works in most of my LOST games to add vehicles!), you'll sorely lack Morphine and Epinephrine supplies.

THIS is what makes you play LOST in a realistic way: if I experience the above depicted shortage of meds, what do you think will I do with a wounded enemy? Heal him up to take him prisoner? What for, I am a resistance fighter who doesn't get any help himself from following the Geneva Convention, so... I shoot the bastard who occupies my country, no matter if he is helpless!

Second, the ACE repair system works also well, and even though the startgame spawning system of LOST mission may cause problems with adding ASR/ACE code and items to vehicles and facilities, it works most of the time. I had some games where the M.A.S.H. tents had no supplies at all, but still offered the full healing feature if you had supplies with you to perform it. Spare tires appeared in every game so far, and to some extend ACE Full repair seems to work.

I only have one question: what must be set in ASR userconfig to make tanks fully repairable (including the repair of damaged guns and engine)? I set ACE full repair to true, but can not repair damaged tank guns or engines. Do I need a repair building instead of a repair truck?

Thanks in advance for your help and BIG thanks again for this cool mod!

touristo

Hello, I have a question about the ACE wounding element of this addon.

Is there any way to update the alternate medial option for adding bandage + morphine + epi ..

Can the added action, apply a "bandage kit" (aka "largebandage") instead of a regular bandage? It currently applies only a small bandage(which use to cut it..) however since many recent updates it no longer really helps.. Is that possible?

And since the possibility of overdose with morphine and epi, Is there a way to apply the bandage kit and then have a script, "auto_ examine" the same person immediately and if he is already under the influence of morphine, Only auto apply epi, to wake up unit if the unit is unconscious.. Is to far a stretch. That way your not auto injecting epi and morph, and you still get the sweetness of the extra interaction selection.

And if the unit is already under the influence of morph AND epi, then just auto stabalize..

Im not anygood at scripting but I imagine that the first part of my question is just an issue of changing a class name? The second part I think would have to apply the bandage, check for "drug use", and what is not present auto apply.. The scripting is there to auto apply the bandage, epi, and morph. Could it be as simple as a few variable checks like what ever the ace Dev's assigned to unconciousnes and being under the influence of morph or epi... then from my limited knowledge it would just have to be a few if/then/else statements..and its On like donkey kong...

what do you think Robalo??

I'm also having this issue, both in SP and on a multi dedicated(with the exact same config)

It seems that the overrides are being done too early or something as if I put the exact same code into my debug console it works without a hitch. I'll post a ticket about it

Wow just came across this, going to try it out. It looks great. Any chance of adding a setting of disabling the stamina but keeping ruck system?

Nomad

Lots of questions here, sorry for the late replies.

Dystopian: thanks, added to my dev version plus the a couple others that were missing, also from CWR2

Touristo: I'm not sure how the repair system works, last time I checked I was able to fully repair a tank simply by getting in it with a repair truck nearby and it didn't seem to matter if I had the full repair module or not. But at least whatever variable the module sets, this mod will be able to set it too, as requested.

Lordprimate: I'm afraid I had to remove that feature completely because it conflicted too much with the medical system changes. I never intended it to be too different or too easy compared to the ACE default healing. After removing it and not having it while playing it did not seem much of a loss.

Kerc Kasha: thanks for the ticket, should be fixed in next update.

Nomadd: nope, sorry, I won't facilitate what seems to be too much like a cheat.

Dystopian: thanks, added to my dev version plus the a couple others that were missing, also from CWR2

In my config I also added this line, maybe you'll like it:

"BRDM2_Base","UAZ_Base","Ikarus","BMP2_Base"

Will you please add auto-load option for AI grass viewblock module appeared in nearast ACE?

Edited by acknowledge
typo

Yes please :) Autoloading of the AI grass module would be way cool, strictly optional of course.

Will you please add auto-load option for AI grass viewblock module appeared in nearast ACE?

Sure, I'll see what I can do about it "this week-end" :)

Sure, I'll see what I can do about it "this week-end" :)

What does that module even do?

What does that module even do?

"AI grass viewblock. Has to be enabled by selecting the ACE module. Experimental feature. [Xeno]" in 1.14 RC1 changelog.

That and few mentions in the ACE thread of it working are pretty much all info available. I haven't done much testing of it yet myself, but if it works well, might be a nice option to have.

"AI grass viewblock. Has to be enabled by selecting the ACE module. Experimental feature. [Xeno]" in 1.14 RC1 changelog.

That and few mentions in the ACE thread of it working are pretty much all info available. I haven't done much testing of it yet myself, but if it works well, might be a nice option to have.

Well I did some test and I couldn´t really figure out what it does. What are the benefits, what is the downside, how does it work?

im am having truble with the userconfig when i put the userconfig file in the @ASR/addons i get an error saying it cannot be found and when i put it in arma 2 operation arrow head/userconfig i get the same problem, i need bit more specific help on where to put it thanks

Hey there, I'm a little confused on some stuff here and it's maybe the wording, so maybe some people can help answer my questions.

- When it comes to ACE Revive, this is a setup that is primarily used to multiplayer scenarios where there's a lives system in place? I assume that's what it's for, as I'm a little confused how that would work in a situation where you're downed in such a way that you're dead as is, seeing as this adds a timer to it.

- If I have group and vehicle requiring GPS in settings, I can enable the option for them to have tracking markers, right? Otherwise I'd assume it cancels out.

- In regard to the 'disable losing gear when getting in as pilot/crew in ACE' and 'disable ACE earplug requirement (assume everyone is wearing some ear protection)' settings, having them enabled lets you keep your gear and have ear protection, or does it in fact disable it? There's no true or false values for those, so I'm unsure if enabling it..disables them or not. I know I have gotten ear deafness with this untouched, so I'm not sure if having it as is causes it or if there is in fact an underlying system to cause ear deafness eventually. :P

These are silly questions I'm sure, but I just wanted to get a better understanding of things. I'd like to make my gameplay more realistic and as such I don't want to enable things that disable things unless I feel it impacts how I wish to play, so stuff like lives and such is not what I wish to do.

EDIT: This is also silly to ask, but are there any settings to disable medic crates being made at the start of a mission, similarly to how you can disable equipment boxes?

Edited by Foffy

EDIT: This is also silly to ask, but are there any settings to disable medic crates being made at the start of a mission, similarly to how you can disable equipment boxes?

^This. And somehow the replacement of the default ACRE radio doesn't work for me. I've put in the regular "ACRE_PRC148", but the 343 isn't being replaced by the 148...