Hello, Robalo.

I have used your ACE-related addons for a long time, yeah, they are very impressive.

About this one, may I ask for adding one more option, please?

I enable auto initiate ace wound system in sp game, and disable spectator. Running the game, when I've been hit, losing conscious, most of the time I'll get a message: "life time: 208", subsequently the number will countdown to zero, then mission will be terminated, I have to chose wheather to load previous saved game, restart or quit the mission. I think the countdown message is related to ACE's spectator or revive system. But when I don't use ASR Appendix, loading a mission(like ACE's bunding missions made by animalmother92) that inclue a ace “enable wounding system†modual, the countdown message will never appear in the same situation. So, could you please add a option in userconfig to disable it, make the effect the same as just place a enable wounding system modual in the editor? Thanks in advanceï¼ï¼

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

One more requst, could you add auto enable ace spare tyre system?It may be convenienct to long-distance raid missions:bounce3:

Yep, I second that. I would like to disable the counter of lifetime too. It seems too arcady since IRL you don't know how much time you will survive. I thought that disabling revive system automatically would remove the counter...

Yep, will provide more options for that, working on a new format for the userconfig file as well.

The default system was designed for MP, it's how the group I play with like it. For certain types of missions, we also add a respawn button so the player can choose what to do based on what is going on: wait to be saved, or hit the button and lose a life.

Until it's updated, you can just add some code to the userconfig script to alter as needed:

ace_wounds_no_prevtime = true; //do not show time left while unconscious with ACE Revive enabled

ace_wounds_prevtime = 0; //disable ACE Revive feature

ace_wounds_prevtime = 60; //set ACE Revive timer to 1 min

Remember that even in SP, your AI might just come and get you back up during that time.

More variables can be found at ACE wagn.

Edited by Robalo

New version up.

1.04 | 26 FEB 2012

Reorganized the userconfig (<main>\userconfig\asr\asr_appendix_settings.hpp) format to no longer contain code, making sure it works with

future patches which might restrict that. These files are obsolete and can be deleted: asr_globalscript.sqf and asr_settings.hpp.

SMAW spotting mags are added to the insertion crate with ACE when the mission briefing gear has SMAW rockets.

ACE medical items are now put in a separate crate if wounding is enabled.

More options for ACE like pretending everyone has earplugs, enabling fast-roping from back seat with AI pilots, enabling radio chatter.

Options for the auto-enabled ACE revive: configure the timer and optionally hide it.

Added a little bonus for ACE users in the optional folder.

Removed version checking.

"Enabling fast-roping from back seat with AI pilots" - Robalo you're a fecking genius!!

Thanks for this.

I take it back, I just saw ACE Throwable Satchels, you're actually a God!

Quick video showing Fastroping in ACE with an AI Pilot....

_vT2hbZZA-g

Edited by Jedra

Robalo

Could you add these ACE variables to your addon?

ace_sys_aitalk_talkforplayer = true;

ace_sys_repair_full = true;
ace_sys_repair_default_tyres = true;

ace_sys_wounds_all_medics = true;

Robalo

Could you add these ACE variables to your addon?

ace_sys_aitalk_talkforplayer = true;

ace_sys_repair_full = true;
ace_sys_repair_default_tyres = true;

ace_sys_wounds_all_medics = true;

Sure, I can add options for those too. I will update this one soon because I have another new cool feature for ACE wounds/revive users.

I installede ASR on my server last night. The server runs the beta that SU-supplies. I aws looking forward to the message of the day feature and the reject player without certain mod feature.

None of this worked.

ASR was innstalled on the server via SU, and have checked the content of @ASR and userconfig. @ASR is also in the servers commandline.

What could be wrong?

I installede ASR on my server last night. The server runs the beta that SU-supplies. I aws looking forward to the message of the day feature and the reject player without certain mod feature.

None of this worked.

ASR was innstalled on the server via SU, and have checked the content of @ASR and userconfig. @ASR is also in the servers commandline.

What could be wrong?

Hi,

Please provide server connection in a ticket and attach your settings file from userconfig.

My guess is problem coming from the userconfig editing.

I had the same Problem a while ago. What i have done :

Deleted the ASR Folder in Userconfig, fired up Six Updater, clicked on ASR, and executed the Option "generate userconfig".

No more Problems since that. :)

I had the same Problem a while ago. What i have done :

Deleted the ASR Folder in Userconfig, fired up Six Updater, clicked on ASR, and executed the Option "generate userconfig".

No more Problems since that. :)

Running the "process userconfigs" action actually backups existing files, removes the existing files, and then reinstalls the latest userconfigs from the modfolder. So no need to manually remove the existing files :)

Thaks Humwee, Ill try that, and if it does not work provide Rob with a ticket.

NP Mate. ;)

I will update this one soon because I have another new cool feature for ACE wounds/revive users.

A new ACE Wounds Feature? Sounds exciting.

Running the "process userconfigs" action actually backups existing files, removes the existing files, and then reinstalls the latest userconfigs from the modfolder. So no need to manually remove the existing files :)

Another lesson learned. :D

Using a fresh user config file makes ASR show the message of the day, so at least it works. Question on the "reject player" feature: When I log in without the required mods I as a client do not get kicked. I get a pop uo top right corner say that expansion/mod ace not found.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

Should the reject player not kick?

Should it look like:

#define ASR_requiredaddons "cba","ace"

or

#define ASR_requiredaddons "@cba","@ace"

EDIT: Ah. The name is the name of the .pbo-file inside the addon folder? Like f ex ace_main ?

EDIT 2: Is the "reject player" just a message to everyone on the server? So that you know that someone is missing something? So far I have only been able to test this alone, so I wouldn't know. :)

Edited by VirtualVikingX

You set the CfgPatches class names of the addons you require, as seen in my defaults. It's supposed to be a "soft" fail, for those who manage to get on the server but don't have the full mod set, they should see the message in the corner then get sent to debriefing.

A better way to protect the server is to make sure the missions have all the must-have dependencies listed inside their mission.sqm.

On my server I just do a batch-edit of all mpmissions to put the ace requirements so I haven't used this feature for a while.

I will check to see if it broke somehow.

I see. My goal was to "send a message" to people missing mod Y even when we play with mod X. So that I KNOW that everyone has all maps and all the stuff, all the time. I dont know how many times I have chosen a mission and one or two guys "disappears". Especial when it comes to maps.

Updated.

1.1 | 4 MAR 2012

Moved scripted features from main and sys_gear into the new sys_automodules component.

Added new ACE Wounding based feature: Combat First Aid interaction (easy ACE revive alternative action).

Fixed ending mission for players missing the required mods and improved the hint with the information.

Added or changed userconfig options for more customization and auto-initialization of other modules:

- ASR_missionGear (default enabled)

- ASR_ACE_Wounds_AutoInit_Revive_altAction (default enabled)

- ASR_ACE_enableGroupMarkers (default undefined)

- ASR_ACE_enableAITalk (default enabled unless RUG_DSAI is running)

- ASR_ACE_AITalkForPlayer (default false)

- ASR_ACE_enableRadioTalk (default enabled)

- ASR_ACE_FullRepair (default undefined)

- ASR_ACE_SpareTyres (default enabled)

Please make sure to update to the newest userconfig version (2)

Up on SU :-)

Thank you SB San and Foxhound San !

(ninjas)

Added new ACE Wounding based feature: Combat First Aid interaction (easy ACE revive alternative action).
It seems to me that this feature always stops bleeding with one bandage. Meanwhile serious wounds like a 12.7mm hit require 2-4 bandages using the standard ACE menu item "Stop bleeding". Tested with a M2-HMMWV and shooting to legs.

When an unit is unconscious and you take some actions using the standard ACE menu items, the feature doesn't work correctly after. If you've just stopped bleeding and choose "Combat First Aid" the animation stops without morphine and epinephrine injecting. If an unit requires only epinephrine (bleeding and pain are stopped) it injects morphine once again and epinephrine after.

ASR_ACE_AITalkForPlayer

ASR_ACE_FullRepair

Works OK :)
ASR_ACE_SpareTyres
Doesn't work. The variable "ace_sys_repair_default_tyres" is true when a mission starts but there aren't any tyres in cargos. When the ACE module "Enable spare tyres in vehicles" is added it works.

In 1.03 I just put "ace_sys_repair_default_tyres = true;" in asr_settings.hpp and it worked.

And you've forgotten about "ace_sys_wounds_all_medics" :(

It seems to me that this feature always stops bleeding with one bandage. Meanwhile serious wounds like a 12.7mm hit require 2-4 bandages using the standard ACE menu item "Stop bleeding". Tested with a M2-HMMWV and shooting to legs.

When an unit is unconscious and you take some actions using the standard ACE menu items, the feature doesn't work correctly after. If you've just stopped bleeding and choose "Combat First Aid" the animation stops without morphine and epinephrine injecting. If an unit requires only epinephrine (bleeding and pain are stopped) it injects morphine once again and epinephrine after.

Stopping bleeding with first bandage is by design. I needed this for revive, as a replacement for the longer, standard ACE procedure while still requiring the items and not being as easy as Norrin's. I hope that if you understand the limitations and the fact that it's not meant as a replacement, you may still find it useful. At least I know a bunch of guys who are very happy to have it :)

But I'm sure it can be further improved.

Doesn't work. The variable "ace_sys_repair_default_tyres" is true when a mission starts but there aren't any tyres in cargos. When the ACE module "Enable spare tyres in vehicles" is added it works.

In 1.03 I just put "ace_sys_repair_default_tyres = true;" in asr_settings.hpp and it worked.

Right, probably because the ACE repair module initializes before this mod so only spawned vehicles will catch the variable. Must do a quick check with Silvie. I don't know why it worked before and don't have any easy fix for this in MP, perhaps I need to run my code in preinit instead of postinit but need to think about the implications.

And you've forgotten about "ace_sys_wounds_all_medics" :(

Guess I missed this one. Will add for next update :)

Edited by Robalo

I think the latest round of CBA and/or ACE changes may have broken ASR_Appendix - I have raised a CIT with the details.