v1.1

Download from Dev-heaven

README
======
ASR Appendix v1.1
by Robalo

ASR Appendix is a collection of various addons for Arma2:CO meant to enhance the
multiplayer game experience with subtle config tweaks and additional scripted features.
While there are no other addon requirements than the CBA mod, ASR Appendix will also
detect and activate features for other addons, for example, the ACE mod.

Components so far:
- main
- sys_automodules
- mapgrids
- sys_throwablesatchel_ace

1. MAIN

- This is the core component required by all other addons that are part of this mod.

2. SYS_AUTOMODULES

- Enables server and client customization by running custom code triggered from the server.
- All features are optional and can be disabled or adjusted in the userconfig file
 (<main>\userconfig\asr\asr_appendix_settings.hpp)
 - provide hints for players after joining with a message of the day or other useful information
 - reject players that are missing certain addons
 - auto-enable low-detail grass
 - configure custom starting view distance depending on the map where the mission takes place
 - configure default ACRE personal radio type
 - auto-enable ACE AI and radio talk
 - unlock user viewdistance changing in the ACE Settings menu for certain game modes
 - auto-enable the ACE GPS unit markers for all missions
 - hide ACE group markers to the units without GPS
 - disable a few ACE features some might not like very much
- automatically enables the ACE wounding module in all missions.
- automatically disables the BIS first aid modules if ACE wounding was enabled.
- extra medical supplies into many vehicles like jeeps, APCs, transport helicopters or boats.
- automatically enables the ACE revive system with spectator and a short timer for any mission where this
	wasn't already defined. The ACE revive will not auto-initialize in some situations though:
 	- Norrin's revive detected
 	- Bon's AIS detected
 	- Insufficient meds available in player's inventory after 10 minutes

- Combat First Aid - alternative revive action for ACE in the interaction menu. Requires ACE Wounding with revive to be enabled.
It automatically stops the bleeding, injects morphine and ephinefrine while doing the healing animation.
Needs 1 bandage, 1 morphine and 1 epi to complete. To interrupt, simply move away from the injured (unconscious soldier).

- Mission Crate - transfers the content of the mission briefing gear (weapons, mags and rucks) into a crate at the
starting position, allowing access to this (often critical) gear during the mission.
 Notes:
 - A player group leader running the mod is required - the crate will be created at his position.
 - If the insertion is done by vehicle, the crate will be created where the leader player gets out.
 - ACE special features for the items in the crate:
   - All magazines for disposable launchers will be converted into launchers. If there is a Javelin, a CLU will be added too.
   - SMAW spotting mags are added if there are any SMAW rockets.
   - OA rucks will be converted into ACE rucks.
   - When the wounding module is enabled, a medical crate is created too.

This component can be installed server-side but it is also needed on the clients for these 2 features: Combat First Aid and Mission Crate

3. MAPGRIDS

- Maps have grids of 6 digits at maximum zoom (accuracy: 100 x 100 m) or, when zooming out the map,
4 digits (1000 x 1000 m) grids.
- GPS (or ACE DAGR) will show more accurate coordonates with 8 digits (10 x 10m).
- Optional config addons provide support for: CLAfghan, CWR2, Duala, Everon, Fallujah, Hazar-Kot, Kulima, Lingor, Namalsk,
Panthera, Podagorsk, Thirsk and ST_HUD.
- Fixes the map grid offsets for all these maps so that position 0,0 corresponds with grid 00 (required for some mods eg. the Palladin).

This component should be deployed on all clients and the server

4. THROWABLE SATCHEL (optional, ACE version only)

- Allows demo experts to convert regular satchels into throwables with 10 second fuses (and convert back).
- Standalone ACE version; user the self-interaction menu for the conversion.
- Throw it like a grenade (but a very heavy one, so it goes really short); after that, Run!
- Signed with a separate key

This component should be deployed on all clients and the server

README CONTENTS
===============

01. VERSION HISTORY
02. COPYRIGHT STATEMENT
03. TERMS OF USE
04. LEGAL DISCLAIMER
05. INSTALLATION
06. REQUIRED ADDONS
07. NOTES
08. CHANGE HISTORY
09. THANKS

01. VERSION HISTORY
===================

1.1  |  4 MAR 2012 | Features and enhancements. See change history.
1.04 | 26 FEB 2012 | Features, fixes and enhancements. See change history.
1.03 | 23 DEC 2011 | Features, fixes and enhancements. See change history.
1.02 | 28 OCT 2011 | Minor enhancement. See change history.
1.01 |  1 OCT 2011 | Minor enhancements. See change history.
1.0  | 27 SEP 2011 | Initial release.

02. COPYRIGHT STATEMENT
=======================

(c)[ 2011-2012 ] Robalo. All rights reserved.

03. TERMS OF USE
================

This addon (hereafter 'Software') contains files to be used in the PC simulator "Armed Assault 2" (hereafter 'ArmA2'). To use the Software you must agree to the following conditions of use:

1. Robalo (hereafter 'The Author(s)') grant to you a personal, non-exclusive license to use the Software.

2. The commercial exploitation of the Software without written permission from The Author(s) is expressly prohibited.

04. LEGAL DISCLAIMER
====================

The Software is distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The Software is not an official addon or tool. Use of the Software (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk.

05. INSTALLATION
================

To begin using the Software:

1. Copy the .pbo and .bisign files to a mod (addon folder) and launch the game with that mod loaded. For more information about addon folders please check BIS Wiki here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Addons#ArmA_2

2. Copy the content of userconfig to a folder named userconfig in your main Arma2 folder.
Optionally, customize your user or server settings by editing these files in <main Arma2 folder>\userconfig\ASR\

06. REQUIREMENTS
================

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead or Combined Operations
The CBA mod version 0.7.10 or newer is required, it can be found on Six Updater or Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

07. NOTES
=========

Comments and suggestions are welcome. BIS forum thread address: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=125329

08. CHANGE HISTORY
==================

1.1 | 4 MAR 2012
Moved scripted features from main and sys_gear into the new sys_automodules component.
Added new ACE Wounding based feature: Combat First Aid interaction (easy ACE revive alternative action).
Fixed ending mission for players missing the required mods and improved the hint with the information.
Added or changed userconfig options for more customization and auto-initialization of other modules:
- ASR_missionGear (default enabled)
- ASR_ACE_Wounds_AutoInit_Revive_altAction (default enabled)
- ASR_ACE_enableGroupMarkers (default undefined)
- ASR_ACE_enableAITalk (default enabled unless RUG_DSAI is running)
- ASR_ACE_AITalkForPlayer (default false)
- ASR_ACE_enableRadioTalk (default enabled)
- ASR_ACE_FullRepair (default undefined)
- ASR_ACE_SpareTyres (default enabled)
Please make sure to update to the newest userconfig version (2)

1.04 | 26 FEB 2012
Reorganized the userconfig (<main>\userconfig\asr\asr_appendix_settings.hpp) format to no longer contain code, making sure it works with
future patches which might restrict that. These files are obsolete and can be deleted: asr_globalscript.sqf and asr_settings.hpp.
SMAW spotting mags are added to the insertion crate with ACE when the mission briefing gear has SMAW rockets.
ACE medical items are now put in a separate crate if wounding is enabled.
More options for ACE like pretending everyone has earplugs, enabling fast-roping from back seat with AI pilots, enabling radio chatter.
Options for the auto-enabled ACE revive: configure the timer and optionally hide it.
Added a little bonus for ACE users in the optional folder.
Removed version checking.

1.03 | 23 DEC 2011
Updated LZ crate OA to ACE ruck conversion to work with latest ACE.
If LZ crate has Vectors, it will also have batteries for them.
Added map grid configs for CWR2, CLAfghan and Hazar-Kot with STHUD support (in the optional sub-folder).

1.02 | 28 OCT 2011
Added option whether to enable or not ACE Spectator with Revive when ACE Wounding module is auto-initialized
(asr_sys_autoinit_ace_wounds_spectator setting in \userconfig\ASR\asr_settings.hpp).

1.01 | 1 OCT 2011
Added separate settings file in userconfig (asr_settings.hpp).
Consolidated the server-triggered commands into a single file (asr_globalscript.sqf).
Added CBA addon versioning support. CBA requirement bumped to 0.7.10 (get it from Six Updater or here: http://www.multiupload.com/J4IYOYOQMU).
Added option for auto-enabling ACE Wounding in SP (asr_sys_autoinit_ace_wounds_SP = 1; in \userconfig\ASR\asr_settings.hpp).

1.0 | 27 SEP 2011
First release
Integrated ASR Map Grids v1.3

09. THANKS
==========
ACE and CBA team members for greatly enhancing the experience for players and mod makers.
AlphaSquad team for testing and sharing years of gaming fun.
BIS forum members for their constructive ideas and feedback.
BIS for making the best games.
My wife for putting up with my hobby.

Issue tracker @Dev-Heaven - please use this for support.

Userconfig defaults:

/**********************************************************
ASR Appendix mod settings
this file must be found in <game folder>\userconfig\asr\
You can:
    1. Change the value if it exists to adjust as needed
    2. Comment the line with // to disable the feature
***********************************************************/

//auto-override initial viewdistance based on current map (more than just a visual tweak, affects AI too)
#define ASR_setViewDistance_defaultVD 2000

//initial view distance for maps listed in next setting
#define ASR_setViewDistance_customVD 1500

//maps on which the initial VD will be the custom one
#define ASR_setViewDistance_customMaps "chernarus","zargabad","fdf_isle1_a","lingor"

//auto-override initial terrain detail
#define ASR_setViewDistance_initTD 40

//required addons on clients (MP only)
#define ASR_requiredAddons "cba_main","ace_main","acex_main","acre_main"

//general info hint will be shown to clients (MP only)
#define ASR_generalInfo "Mods are available via Six Updater"

//teamspeak info hint that will also be shown to clients (MP only)
#define ASR_teamspeakInfo "voip1.bzbit.com","2cold"

//auto-add mission briefing gear into a box at insertion
#define ASR_missionGear

//ACRE mod features

//when running ACRE, the vanilla radio item will be replaced with one of this type 
#define ASR_ACRE_defaultRadioType "ACRE_PRC148"

//ACE mod features

//unlock viewdistance changing in ACE settings for these types of missions (mission maker sets this label)
#define ASR_ACE_unlockViewDistanceSettings "coop","unknown",""

//auto-enable Unit markers (works only for units with GPS)
#define ASR_ACE_enableUnitMarkers true

//disable Group and vehicle tracking markers
//#define ASR_ACE_enableGroupMarkers false

//require GPS for Group and vehicle tracking markers
#define ASR_ACE_groupMarkersRequireGPS true

//auto-enable ACE limited range NVG/TI
//#define ASR_ACE_limitedRangeNightSights false

//disable losing gear when getting in as pilot/crew in ACE
#define ASR_ACE_unrestrictedCrewGear

//disable ACE earplug requirement (assume everyone is wearing some ear protection)
#define ASR_ACE_everyoneHasEarProtection

//auto-enable AI random talk
#define ASR_ACE_enableAITalk true

//auto-enable player random talk
#define ASR_ACE_AITalkForPlayer false

//auto-enable vehicle radio chatter
#define ASR_ACE_enableRadioTalk true

//enable deploying ropes from back seats
#define ASR_ACE_fastropeFromBackSeat

//auto-enable ACE wounding module
#define ASR_ACE_Wounds_AutoInit_MP

//auto-enable ACE wounding module in single player
#define ASR_ACE_Wounds_AutoInit_SP

//these vehicle types will by default get some med supplies in cargo when ACE wounding is auto-initialized
#define ASR_ACE_Wounds_AutoInit_vehiclesWithMeds "HMMWV_base","LandRover_Base","LAV25_Base","StrykerBase_EP1","ACE_StrykerBase",\
"AAV","M113_Base","M2A2_Base","BMP3","BTR90_Base","GAZ_Vodnik","BAF_Offroad_D","BAF_Jackal2_BASE_D","BAF_FV510_D",\
"UH60_Base","Mi17_base","Mi24_Base","UH1_Base","CH47_base_EP1","UH1H_base","Ka60_Base_PMC","AW159_Lynx_BAF","BAF_Merlin_HC3_D","C130J","MV22","RHIB"

//auto-enable ACE revive (seconds till death, set 0 to disable this feature)
#define ASR_ACE_Wounds_AutoInit_Revive_time 210

//show the ACE revive timer
#define ASR_ACE_Wounds_AutoInit_Revive_withTimer true

//spectator while unconscious
#define ASR_ACE_Wounds_AutoInit_Revive_withSpectator true

//add alternative action to the interaction menu which automates applying 1 bandage + 1 morphine + 1 epi and revives the injured
#define ASR_ACE_Wounds_AutoInit_Revive_altAction

//auto-enable fully repair tanks module
//#define ASR_ACE_FullRepair false

//auto-enable spare tyres in vehicles module
#define ASR_ACE_SpareTyres true

#define ASR_APPENDIX_SETTINGS_VERSION 2

Edited by Robalo

What a unique addon! That is surely more convenient for non-ACE based missions in MP.

wow, this is just what I want, dude, thank you very much for your excellent job!

link below is what I have tried to do but in vain:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24303

and could you please make ace wounds modual autoenabled in SP mission? May just a few sentences in sqf file located in userconfig folder I think, and of course, default setting should be "false" for most users.^^

Foxhound and Old Bear: thanks!

Dysta:

Exactly, for example Sander's excellent coop mission packs, motivated me to make the sys_gear addon so they play better with ACE.

acknowledge:

I will set up a new parameter so that you can auto-enable wounding in SP too.

Re question in your ticket, to enable the limited NVG module, try with this in

\userconfig\asr\asr_globalscript.sqf:

ace_sys_nvg_rangelimit_enabled = true;

Updated.

1.01 | 1 OCT 2011

Added separate settings file in userconfig (asr_settings.hpp).

Consolidated the server-triggered commands into a single file (asr_globalscript.sqf).

Added CBA addon versioning support. CBA requirement bumped to 0.7.10 (get it from Six Updater or here: http://www.multiupload.com/J4IYOYOQMU).

Added option for auto-enabling ACE Wounding in SP (asr_sys_autoinit_ace_wounds_SP = 1; in \userconfig\ASR\asr_settings.hpp).

Hi Robalo;

We use ACE wounding in all our our MP missions with this in the init: ace_wounds_prevtime = 600; ace_sys_wounds_no_rpunish = true;

Which I was pleased to see your wounding script seems to also use (the 600 second delay at least), but now if you have to respawn in a MP mission on the server you don't seem to respawn at all (your character does show up, but you just seem stuck in spectator mode looking at your body). This happens when I am on the server by myself and get killed, I have to abort the mission and come back in again. I haven't waited the 10 minutes to see what happens but I doubt it would have a much different effect than it already does.

Is there something I'm supposed to be doing on my server? I disabled the asr_sys_autoinit_ace_wounds on my server due to fears that it would confuse people (like it did me), but I did like the spectator mode and the automatic loading of medical supplies into vehicles (though most of the ones in my teams FOB have loadouts already).

Thanks.

Hi Robalo;

We use ACE wounding in all our our MP missions with this in the init: ace_wounds_prevtime = 600; ace_sys_wounds_no_rpunish = true;

Which I was pleased to see your wounding script seems to also use (the 600 second delay at least), but now if you have to respawn in a MP mission on the server you don't seem to respawn at all (your character does show up, but you just seem stuck in spectator mode looking at your body). This happens when I am on the server by myself and get killed, I have to abort the mission and come back in again. I haven't waited the 10 minutes to see what happens but I doubt it would have a much different effect than it already does.

Hi,

So you mean when you respawn with ESC -> Respawn you get stuck ?

My default timer is not 600 but 210 seconds by the way. If I need more time for some missions I usually set things up manually and add a respawn button to the spectator screen.

It would be interesting to find the cause, perhaps one of the spectator parameters.

Maybe it's taking the time from the module in the mission. I show 600seconds when taken down. If I hit escape and respawn the error occurs.

yeah, i had the respawn through escape, stuck in spectator, on ASR-mso1.7 yesterday, its not new to the "Appendix". It can show up from time to time. I will try to document it and my actions next time.

KK

@Robalo

How can I disable the spectating script?

It collides with ACE wounds module.

When you are unconcious the spectating script kicks it and when you get healed you are stuck in the wounded animation.

And honestly I don't like the spectating script anyway. So can it be disabled?

EDIT: somehow the thread didn't get updated so I edited again.

Edited by Kroky

@Robalo

How can I disable the spectating script?

It collides with ACE wounds module.

When you are unconcious the spectating script kicks it and when you get healed you are stuck in the wounded animation.

And honestly I don't like the spectating script anyway. So can it be disabled?

EDIT: somehow the thread didn't get updated so I edited again.

That's actually a feature (see doc), so if it doesn't work properly the bug should be reported.

I will make spectating optional for next version.

That would be a good choice! (To make the spectating script optional).

Where to report the bug?

Thanks, funny you add this now when I'm just about to upload 1.02 :P
You do it on purpose, don't cha! :681:

NP mate, bring it on! :)

Updated:

1.02 | 28 OCT 2011

Added option whether to enable or not ACE Spectator with Revive when ACE Wounding module is auto-initialized - see asr_sys_autoinit_ace_wounds_spectator setting in \userconfig\ASR\asr_settings.hpp

Uploaded 1.03 | 23 DEC 2011

Updated LZ crate OA to ACE ruck conversion to work with latest ACE.

If LZ crate has Vectors, it will also have batteries for them.

Added map grid configs for CWR2, CLAfghan and Hazar-Kot with STHUD support (in the optional sub-folder).

:xmas_o: