Sign in to follow this  
colosseum

A2OA: Lee-Enfield No.4 the best weapon available?

Is it possible if any modder want to..! To take the Lee-Enfield and but a sniper-scope to it, then it would become the superb sniper rifle...

I've kind of wondered why the L42A1 or Enforcer never made an appearance...

I don't know about you, but give me a FAL over an Enfield any day. I pick up the FAL off of dead bodies occasionally when I'm playing. It's an awesome CQC weapon, with no bolt worries to speak of and the same knock-down capabilities.

I just don't understand why someone would take a ridiculous 5.56 weapon that takes 2 shots to knock someone down. When I shoot someone, I expect them to STAY DOWN.

Now I sound like Paul Howe.

The accuracy and muzzle velocity of the enfield are ridiculous. In one multiplayer game I saw a little dot 1KM away and took a few potshots at the guy. Then I see "**** was killed by archer" :eek:

I don't know about you, but give me a FAL over an Enfield any day. I pick up the FAL off of dead bodies occasionally when I'm playing. It's an awesome CQC weapon, with no bolt worries to speak of and the same knock-down capabilities.

I just don't understand why someone would take a ridiculous 5.56 weapon that takes 2 shots to knock someone down. When I shoot someone, I expect them to STAY DOWN.

Now I sound like Paul Howe.

I've always been a .30 caliber elitist to begin with and this game isn't helping me that much...

Friend of mine is even worse about it (flat out refuses to shoot anyone's AR-15s), and we played a Mission Wizard game as USMC vs. Russians. He was yelling at the computer for how poor the M4A1 performs vs. the FAL and SCAR-H ingame.

I've kind of wondered why the L42A1 or Enforcer never made an appearance...

Why would it? L42 wasn't in prolific use with any of the sort of factions we have in the game (unlike the No.4) and doesn't share the .303 round with the No.4. However, if your really want one; Vilas made a fairly nice one to go with his 1980's Paras.

Were BIS to add it, the L42 would merely function as another 7.62mm bolt-action rifle for the game - it'd just be an M24 or M40 with a shittier scope and possibly more prone recoil (since it has no bipod).

The .303 ballistics are what makes the No.4 'special' in OA, so a No.4 (T) would maybe be a cool addition.

7.62mm elitist also here.

FAL, SCAR-H, M14, HK417, need I go on? :p

AKM, AKS, Vz. 58, amirite? ;)

The Vz.58 is a 7.62mm weapon? *drools* I'm going to try that out tonight then.

I'm thinking about messing with something that has less magnification than an ACOG, but I'm afraid I just won't be able to see crap and will do nothing but shoot at armor / air contacts.

The Vz.58 is a 7.62mm weapon? *drools* I'm going to try that out tonight then..

It is a good backup when you are using a sniper rifle or Enfield.

Another trick is to stuff an MP5SD into a backpack and fill your side arm slots with PDWSD rounds as it uses them.

Edited by Liquidpinky

I'm thinking about messing with something that has less magnification than an ACOG, but I'm afraid I just won't be able to see crap

I love my HK Holo 4x, it is god at close-to-mid ranges, with a bit of practice you'll be taking out enemies from 500-700 meters with it no sweat

When I playing the VME_PLA mod (the rifle and bullet are compatible with ACE), the 5.8mm rounds are just shockingly deadly with low recoil. Several testes are shown to maim a standard soldier in 400 meters with just one shot, and still provide nice accuracy in 600 meters.

Throwing in a couple of Mosin-Nagant variants could have been a laugh too - particularly in Chernarus...

Cheers,

Dreadnought1

Mosin-Nagant IMO should definitely have made an appearance...

Yeah, the Mosin-Nagant would be cool. It was a fun weapon back when I had an old Mac and played AA 2.5 (long time ago). I'd like to use it again, just for old times' sake if nothing else.

I tried out the M14 AIM last night, and I have to say, it's awesome. It has a sense of power behind it, feels like a man's weapon. Everyone I shot got knocked flat with one bullet. The low magnification is sometimes a drag, but it also saved my life twice because I could acquire targets much more quickly at close range. I was surprised at the range that I could engage enemies with it. I was on a sidemission team, which tends to do a lot of closer-in combat, but I might use it for some main AO's too.

The NLAW seems to be like a 5.56 version of anti-tank rockets. It doesn't pack enough punch to blow up an armored vehicle instantly, so the crew almost always bails. I'm liking the Javelin more and more. Does the MAAWS suffer from the NLAW's low damage as well?

I find the NLAW pretty decent, can get off some good curved trick shots with it's lock on ability.

Crew bailing deosn't put me up nor down, just more gimps to put a round into.

I find nothing more fun than fighting fancy hi-tech militaries carrying FN SCARs and AK-107s with a rifle made in 1943.

There are lots of dead terrorist and militia men buried here and there in the real world that said exactly the same thing..

Not for me, in the real world or virtual…. its a great design, possibly one of the best, but its for its time..

There are lots of dead terrorist and militia men buried here and there in the real world that said exactly the same thing..

I doubt it. They were probably wishing for air support, fancy rifles and equipment, tanks and armor support etc...

I find the NLAW pretty decent, can get off some good curved trick shots with it's lock on ability.

Crew bailing deosn't put me up nor down, just more gimps to put a round into.

Well think of it this way. You walk around a corner and run straight into a T-55. "Oh my god!" you scream, hoping that it won't notice you as you pull out your NLAW. It's an easy shot, at point-blank range. You think you're safe. Then, just as it's about to explode, three guys in stupid-looking brown helmets with AKS's jump out and start shooting at you. Thanks to ArmA2's crappy animations, you freeze while having to switch to your other weapon. An AKS bangs twice, and you die.

It can be the difference between life or death. And I'm not saying that the NLAW isn't a good weapon; it is. There's just other stuff out there that's better.

1. Did you stand out in the open while engaging tanks?

2. Get your buddy, you do have a teammate right, to pick off crew.

3. Don't stand out in the open.

1. Did you stand out in the open while engaging tanks?

2. Get your buddy, you do have a teammate right, to pick off crew.

3. Don't stand out in the open.

So true. I've discovered that the best combination for killing tanks (when you can't make a critical kill) is to have a buddy with a rifle cover you as you hit the tank. He shoots any crew that hop out... mission accomplished.

And always:

1: Pop up or go around the corner

2: Fire RPG

3: Get back to cover!

4: Wait for explosion of the vehicle...no explosion? Reload RPG and go back to point 1. Repeat from a different position if possible

5: Vehicle Explosion

4: Select AK

5: Look if there are any survivors

Preferably someone else pops out to hit it again or you pop out from a different location.

The scoped Lee-Enfield was the horrible secret weapon the British used to win the big war... it should never be used again.

Hehe, LOL :D

The Vz.58 is a 7.62mm weapon? *drools* I'm going to try that out tonight then.

And how did that go? I did something like that once thinking "ohh, 7.62 with 30 round mags and good ACOG scope - I'm gonna rock for sure". Not so much. In fact I sucked so badly with it I changed to an enemy Lee-Enfield - then I rocked the battlefield - couldn't believe my eyes :D Has been one of my favorites ever since.