Sign in to follow this  
colosseum

A2OA: Lee-Enfield No.4 the best weapon available?

It's funny, but I find myself continuously throwing away such modern hi-tech stuff as SCAR-Hs and M4A1s to pick up insurgent Lee-Enfields during the OA campaign. I also use them to great effect in multiplayer games and SP zombie missions. Nothing fells an infected guy like a .303 Mark VII round to the chest.

Anyone else experience this?

Maybe I'm partial to old rifles because I own a bunch of them, but personally I find nothing more fun than fighting fancy hi-tech militaries carrying FN SCARs and AK-107s with a rifle made in 1943.

If you don't need rapid fire and a scope gets in your way, it certainly is the best weapon you can hope for.

Same applies to the M14... what a gun!

High rate of fire, accurate and raw penetration power combined in this beauty of wood and metal!

I do find myself wandering back to the Enfield when I want some raw low tech action, always a satisfying gun to use.

A2OA: Lee-Enfield No.4 the best weapon available?

Period.

Muzzle velocitiy is king here (in arma´s world). Next best being M14 with it´s semi fire capability, but Lee Enfield has far longer reach ... skip M24 if you have working eyes ;)

The enfield can be great fun. A shame it feels like toting a railgun on servers where the crosshair is enabled.

Another fun weapon is plain M16A2. What a beaut! Now only if the M203 version didn't have the silly ladder sight, blocking line of sight, enabled at all times and you would have a perfect gun. :)

Pre-recoil days the AK74 was probably the best weapon available. Controllable. Excellent sightpicture. Most importantly, ammunition plentiful. A perfect weapon for the engagement ranges typically seen in Chernarus. Nowadays its exagerated recoil renders it less than useful.

-k

I always found the SVD to be much more powerful than the M14. You can use iron sights on it but they are beneath the scope :p

It´s a good weapon, especially in the hands of the AI. When pitting a squad of enfield gunners against a normal US army squad, the enfield gunners win more often than not, interestingly. At least, they did back when I tested it when OA came out.

LOL Lee-Enfield is no match for HYK's UltraM60.

I loved that weapon in OFP :D

It´s a good weapon, especially in the hands of the AI. When pitting a squad of enfield gunners against a normal US army squad, the enfield gunners win more often than not, interestingly. At least, they did back when I tested it when OA came out.

That's right and a bit silly in my opinion.

AI using the enfield is almost deadly whatever the skill.

5.56 and 5.45 rounds seem to bounce off a lot of enemy units at range. Satisfying to watch a real rifle smack them down with one shot at 600 yards...

How can I forgot the FN along with the Lee-Enfield...

During zombie games, I take an SMLE and my friend takes the FN... we are unstoppable.

I would also favor the FN-FAL over the enfield. In fact the FAL is the gun i try to get as soon as possible in MP... good in close quarter with the burst (should be full auto for realism sake) and you can still defeat a sniper 500m away easily in one shot. It is like a non scoped dragunov with double the magazine capacity.

The ideal rifle... shame everyone jerks it to 5.56 nonsense these days.

We've been using the Xeno configed Vilas G3A3 for our gaming groups internal campaign. Now there is a boom stick.

-k

wasnt the British version of the FNFAL made with a burst mode??

in fact in one war they their opponents i think Argentina (correct me if im wrong didnt feel like double checking), had the same weapon but with automatic mode...apparently the British soldiers would pick up the full auto weapons in favor of their own burst fire....

Falklands War

Edited by tk1138

wasnt the British version of the FNFAL made with a burst mode??

in fact in one war they their opponents i think Argentina (correct me if im wrong didnt feel like double checking), had the same weapon but with automatic mode...apparently the British soldiers would pick up the full auto weapons in favor of their own burst fire....

Falklands War

Not ecactly...the Brits had it only in semi and the Argentines had a selector for full and single. But believe me from my experience with the G3 I tend to say that full auto is onyl to waste ammunition...it's worthless beyond 20 meters. In the army we were told to never ever use it in full auto beyond 50m. Edited by Beagle

Safe-Semi-burst FN FAL. Yet another unfixed config level error by BIS. I'm guessing its lazy inheritence from M16a2 (on the code level)

-k

Is it possible if any modder want to..! To take the Lee-Enfield and but a sniper-scope to it, then it would become the superb sniper rifle...

Is it possible if any modder want to..! To take the Lee-Enfield and but a sniper-scope to it, then it would become the superb sniper rifle...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYZpZJKBiwPSHdtLsCrkY42zFFNI5ONLO7nXQ4UiC2CSpggEjkGS5cJNCGYw

STAND THE FUNK BACK.

The scoped Lee-Enfield was the horrible secret weapon the British used to win the big war... it should never be used again.