Sign in to follow this  
Connall

How to change sound for horn on certain vehicle?

I hope I have this in the right place but could anyone point me in the right direction of making this.

I want to find a way of giving the option of the ambulances in game to have sirens or to replace the horn sound with sirens. I also want to look into making the blue cone flash with light every so often. I would rather start working on the sirens rather than the lighting as that is cosmetic. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Cant give you details or Examples but the Horn is a Weapon, so to get a Siren working on your Ambulance you need to create a new weapon class based off the Horn and change the fire sound to your new sound

Pretty easy I would think if you know basic Addon stuff

(If you need to find the Horn Weapon Entry, then just look under this web site:

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/

Its a bit slow, but you can get all the Data without needing to Un-Pack and whatnot the files)

if you can find a horn addon. use PBOview extract the files. then replace the WSS files with the ones you've created. then use BinPBO and rePBO the file. I can help you if you find a horn addon already made. other than that im kinda noobish my-self