202 members have voted

1. 1. Price Options for Arma 3/beyond

• Same price (50 USD)
    • $10 increase (60 USD)
    • $20 increase (70 USD)
    • $30 increase (80 USD)
    • $40 increase (90 USD)
    • $50 increase (100 USD)

So as we all know BIS (or any company for that matter) can never have enough cash. But, seeing as they are not nearly as lucrative as most MAJOR game developers signed on to big publishers and yet at the same time are MUCH more talented and dedicated to their fanbase, I believe that BI are one of the few companies that WHOLLY deserve more of my money. Primarily so that they can fiscally afford to spend even more time developing big new improvements for and perfecting their wonderful games that we all know and love. Obviously leading to more sales and money/games for/from BI respectively. (At the very least this new revenue could be spent on marketing as I had never seen a SINGLE TV add for Arma 2 back in the day.)

One easy stratagey to do this would be price increases (I personally hope for something marginal like 10-20 USD) that I for one would be happy to fork over for. (I do for most console games anywho) so Im providing a poll for you all to vote on...

Also as a sidenote: (probably irrelevant but what the hell) Some avrg Joe consumers tend to assume that the more expensive products are of an innately higher quality so.....foodforthought;)

Edited by BobcatBob

The higher the price the lesser the revenue, since you'll lose more and more costumers.

Higher than average prices do only work, for small companies with little developing expenses, they can afford to have a very small gaming community.

A lot of games in the US are moving towards the $60 mark to match what the consoles are selling at. I wouldn't be surprised (or upset or angry or bitter) if ArmA 3 was $60. Any more than that though and I'll RAGE! I'll still buy the game, but there will be much RAGE!

I would pay 300 if xainment was used in arma 3

I guess they need to keep the price relatively low so alot of people buy the game, that will keep the game alive and attractive. It was a very clever move from them to give arma2:free and they have had alot of crazy cheap deals. The more games they sell the more recognition they get and potentially more customers. BIS seems to know what they are doing.

We just have to make sure that we buy all of their products and that we make sure our friends dont pirate their products.

I can't think of the last game I paid over £20 for. Crysis? WoW?

I pay more than £20 for a game perhaps once in every 3 or 4 years.

The higher the asking price, the longer I have to wait until it comes down is all.

The actual question being asked here eludes me. What are we actually voting for? Is the OP asking what each of us would theoretically be willing to pay for the game, or is it what we think the games actual retail price should be?

Because those two are not the same. I personally would pay 100€ for Arma3, but setting this as the retail price would be the most insane move BIS (or any other game dev) could ever make. Only hardcore fanboys with wads of spare cash would pay that kind of money for a game.

If you ask me, BIS should go the other route: sell the game at a more competitive price, for example 40€, but also offer a "special edition" for 60-80€.

1 things to remember is that for a game asking say 100USD (max option in this thread) will actually reduce sales rather than increase it, plus pus more strain on the development (which i am sure it will be better than say, A2). The result would need to be as close as a bug free game as possible. Which we all know it is NOT gonna happen to the fullest, due to the size and scope (i for one i am hoping for no game breaking bugs and that's it).

Sometime's i wonder if BIS should tap in to the computer hardware side of things, since in theroy, alot of us here has prolly spent hundreds if not thousands of pounds on building a PC that will run Arma well.

Maybe a selection of pre-build PC's with Arma already installed etc could be offered, all tested with Arma to make sure they run well. I think alot of us less computer savy people would jump at the chance of buying a PC you dont have to worry about and it would reduce the amount of "mY pC d0n1 W0rK! PlZ H31P" threads haha!. Even different budgets could be catered for

- Medium

- High

- V High

- Rich Prick :p

Jolly Rich Prick to you young man

I buy A3 after lot of patches! and my price 1$... (Curve Code, Curve devs)

I buy A3 after lot of patches! and my price 1$... (Curve Code, Curve devs)

I'd say your best bet is to wait until Arma3 patch 1.10 comes out. If you could also stop posting in the mean time, you'll also be making a lot of us very, very happy. Please consider this.

Anybody here with economics and game industry knowledge?

For example will a 100% price increase loose the company 90 % of the customers? (= less revenue) Just as an example. It would be nice to have link or a post on this subject.

BIS have already announced that they will be making ArmA 3 more "accessible", and so they're bound to attract a larger slice of the mainstream retard-gamer market and increase revenue. So no need to raise prices.

1 things to remember is that for a game asking say 100USD (max option in this thread) will actually reduce sales rather than increase it, plus pus more strain on the development (which i am sure it will be better than say, A2). The result would need to be as close as a bug free game as possible. Which we all know it is NOT gonna happen to the fullest, due to the size and scope (i for one i am hoping for no game breaking bugs and that's it).

Yeah I know...I just thought Id put the option there. Even though I voted for the $70 retail price (Id gladly pay 100 but wanted to be releastic enough that it wouldn't discourage people from buying the game) I think $60 is safest as that is the same price of ALL new conslole games and a few PC games like starcraft 2 when they first come out.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Guess most US players are easier to satisfy and therefore easy to milk... :rolleyes:

How is it that wanting to pay more for Arma, (by a paltry $10-$20 IMHO) a game that your can ALREDY play an infinate number of ways in a uniquely realistic environement that allows a FULL SUITE of user modifications and MASSIVE improvments over the last iteration and is constantly supported post-release for several years make me EASY to please!? If you think enjoying all that endless variety of fun at a slightly higher price makes me EASIER to satisfy than the rest of consumers (globally) then you are dead wrong. Lest I bring up the SAME $60 price tag (relative to your currency ('cept I heard Australia gets BONED w/ higher prices)) that literally MILLIONS of consumers are willing to dish out for games like C.O.D that (regardless of your OPINION of fun) do NOT offer the amount of freedom/flexibility WITHIN that gamespace to constantly breathe new life into it on a daily basis like ARMA does. SO no I am not easy to please or to milk but when I think the situation truly warrents it I will happily give a little more.

If you ask me, BIS should go the other route: sell the game at a more competitive price, for example 40€, but also offer a "special edition" for 60-80€.

Exactly my thoughts. (65€ should be enough though)

Pre-orders get the "special edition" for the normal price, after launch the normal version is, lets say 40-45€ (good price but still competitive) and the "special edition" becomes a bit more expensive (should not be more than 65€) and therefore containing special content like maps, a poster or other "special" stuff ^^

Thoughts behind the "competitive price": A lot of people will considder or think about buying and trying Arma 3 and simply no argument is better than money ;)

BIS have already announced that they will be making ArmA 3 more "accessible", and so they're bound to attract a larger slice of the mainstream retard-gamer market and increase revenue. So no need to raise prices.

But MORE MONEY+MORE MONEY=EVEN MORE MONEY!!!!:)

Didn 'chu eva lurn to math gud bouy????!???

Why is that every blind fanboi of a game wants to give more money to game publisher/dev regardless how many bugs/issues the game had on release or how much is still to be done? Guess its a nice and comfy situation for any publisher/game dev if they got a big + blind fanbase that like to pump/burn even more + additional money into the title. Or is it just quantity over quality... hmmm? :whistle:

Because most people do not want to pay more then the average game, why not just make a special edition version. The special edition version would cost extra, but have a little extra something...

EDIT

Lol missed it was already suggested. Sorry...

Edited by 5LEvEN

Never understood the logic behind the idea of increasing the price of the standard game with no special features. The idea that it makes more money is entirerly false, raising the price just means that people will be pass it up because they can't afford it.

Oh I'm sure plenty of people on these forums would be willing to but do you honestly think that people trying it for the first time would be willing to spend 30+ more dollars when they can just buy call of duty or battlefield 3 for less?