Sign in to follow this  
dragon01

PMC06 - Shotgun and UAVs

At the end of this mission (forgot the name), you can take Matilda from Dixon, he says that it should work well against UAVs. The problem is, it doesn't, as the ammo he gives you are HE slugs, nor buckshot (which would have made this mission much less frustrating). Is that a bug, or is it supposed to be like that (in which case it's pretty stupid, and it should, IMO be patched)?

At the end of this mission (forgot the name), you can take Matilda from Dixon, he says that it should work well against UAVs. The problem is, it doesn't, as the ammo he gives you are HE slugs, nor buckshot (which would have made this mission much less frustrating). Is that a bug, or is it supposed to be like that (in which case it's pretty stupid, and it should, IMO be patched)?
Switch to full auto and "spray" a bit...works perfect and more effective as pellet shots.

Tried with a borrowed PK. Not easy, and I got shot annoyingly quickly. maybe with AA-12 this would be more effective. But still, pellets would feel more approbate (as of now, you never get to really use them). You don't go hunting birds with slugs loaded.

the accuracy on those UAVs is terrible. i dont think i have every been hit by one. you will see for your self next mission...

to win that mission i dont think its even fully necessary to shoot or kill any of the UAVs, you just need to take cover and give dicky enough time to "hack" them. i think

I've managed to shoot down all but one (after many replays), and in the later mission this one was very effective at killing bad guys (though they finally shot it down, but after that, the mission was rather easy). Anyway, I just wondered if it wouldn't be a better choice to give player some buckshot instead of slugs. If you have a PK, AA-12 isn't that useful.

With M60 and aiming by tracers, shoting them down is a childplay, unless one falls on your head or on protected SUV.

Much bigger issue for me was to figure out why mission didn't advance after taking shelter in ruins, or advanced and instant Mission Failed. After many frustrating restarts I realized I'm not allowed to shot them all down...

the accuracy on those UAVs is terrible. i dont think i have every been hit by one. you will see for your self next mission...

I really was wondering if the latest beta broke something concerning the next mission (PMC 07)...

the spray radius of the UAV is 50 meters at least, I was barely able to shoot at least one of the incoming bad guys :eek: