Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

Degeneration-Redux- Zombie Invasion -

While we're at it, why doesn't someone just remake the Quarantine mission for ArmA2?

While we're at it, why doesn't someone just remake the Quarantine mission for ArmA2?

I tried a year go, my scripting knowledge wasn't so great then, however. Degen is a good alternative. The mission I have in the works will have some elements from it, but it isn't done yet.

If you want Quarantine remade, you can do it. :) The pieces are there.

Edit: Now you went and got me seriously considering it. It can be my next project after DZS. :)

I have a hard enough time getting Celery's zombie to function in my own missions. :(

Was there some addon/mod requirements and how-to-install guide somewhere for us noobs?

Suggestions:

How about a boat that needs engine, gas and some fixing to escape the "island"? And it would be random if you could escape with heli or boat and also random how many parts and what not it takes to fix these. Is it already random where the parts for fixing heli are located and how many parts it takes to fix it?

How about if one way to complete the mission would be fixing a radio (that u have to find), finding out a certain radio frequency and some password (from civis) to contact some weird heli-pilot/army pilot/fisher with boat/army boat that would pick u up at certain random location and at certain time with certain requirements (light source to locate you, money, booze, women, etc...)?

Hmm. That does sound interesting. As of now the only way to complete the mission is to kill X amount of zombies or repair the helicopter completely. I will consider that heavily though! Sounds like a fun idea!

Here is how i configured the server on my machine (dedicated server and client on the same machine + another remote client)

*SNIP*

Thank you for such a detailed post...I will have to save that...

Great mission, which is lots of fun to play, but is it possible to enable the save function? I like to play on LAN and my schedule is hectic so I have to save often.

I tried editing the mission to allow saving in the afterinit.sqf and then deleted the line:

//Leave group

_group=createGroup civilian;

[player] join _group;

The problems set in after I load a saved game:

Can no longer rescue civilians: This crashes the game, but I can still release those in my group.

When I check the gear at the ammo crate in the safezone (after I have saved) the game crashes.

Aside from that and with the original files (none of the above editing), other bugs I noticed:

The bandage/eat bread/drink water actions disappear sometimes.

There are zombies inside the safe zone.

Sometimes a vehicle will not tow a static weapon.

I know it is still in the testing phase but would it be possible to add:

More destroyed buildings/landscape, especially in and around the major cities (destroyed cars/tanks/barricades, etc.).

Side missions involving resupplying an isolated stronghold (similar to the Quarantine mod for Arma).

Ambient combat, a few last holdouts.

Thanks for the hard work!

Hm...Saving and loading games has always been a pain with ArmA...I will have to take a further look into it. Thank you for that report. I'm not sure why it crashes when you check the box for the gear, but I will also take a look into that as well.

More destroyed buildings/landscape, especially in and around the major cities (destroyed cars/tanks/barricades, etc.).

Side missions involving resupplying an isolated stronghold (similar to the Quarantine mod for Arma).

Ambient combat, a few last holdouts.

I really like this. Now that Degen has a *base* to work from I can improve it's scripting and implement community ideas...I am also going to port it over to one of IceBreaker's awesome maps :D

Just played this with a friend today... We couldn't find each other at all before we died. Would be nice to have a compass at the start.

EDIT: Restarted multiple times, no hope finding each other or a map lol.

haven't been playing this for a while, dig it out last night man its still alot of fun especially with the new thing to do like rescue servivor, scary as hell full time background music... n things i havn't discover yet....

though what happen to the E vehicle or static weapon mounting key??? i did scane through all the post 11 page of it,,,, u did mention it become optional to player can hav that key on or off but how??? its not in parameter or in the scroll menu or in the read me note in the document come with the mod

Edited by j rock

This is awesome! only thing im rly missing is option to select day/night and changing weather.. would add a more realistic and some scary times to the gameplay ^^

ive seen some maps with dynamic weather and changing time at day, it could be really awesome for this mod!

Please help.

I have this on me dedi server and when I try to take a gun from a vehicle I cant it just dont work.

Probably some thing to do with ACE but I really want to use ACE with this great mission please help pleasee :)

Please help.

I have this on me dedi server and when I try to take a gun from a vehicle I cant it just dont work.

Probably some thing to do with ACE but I really want to use ACE with this great mission please help pleasee :)

Sadly I don't believe it's currently possible to run with the ACE weapons...It used to be though. Has ACE really changed to the point where you can't use the default A2 weapons? I'm not sure what the cause is, but I have recently picked up Degen again and am looking into fixing it up a bit.

Craigun, a long lost friend of mine, who made the wonderful Dynamic Zombie Sandbox mission allowed me to use his awesome pants vehicle script (At least he said so awhile ago! :O!! Craig! You might need to yell at me!!). Which means the game will automatically use whatever weapons your game has available. This should eliminate that weapon issue.

I already have a fantastically working version on CAA1's United Sahrani and my friends and I are loving it, however I don't really want to release it to the public because of the scripts I borrowed from Craigary that make the mission better are, obviously, not mine. I have been super busy with my Psychology degree, work, girlyfriends, friends, family, and moving out to really sit down and script like crazy... I do plan this summer (In 3 weeks-ish for me) to start working on Degen again and really making it awesome sauce.

It should also be LAN and Dedicated server safe now though :P

This is great news I really look forward to the new releases :).

Yep I am using the dynamic zmobie sandbox v0.95 with ACE though for me at least on dedi server it dont seem to spawn EVERY ACE item available eg

goggles,kestral etc etc

I really would love for an ACE version of DEGEN that would be great :) I really look forward to your updates.

Thanks

EDIT

Is the time and date etc synced for players and JIP if so if you dont mind could you please tell me what SQF file it is in as I am trying to learn scripting for arma thanks

Sadly I don't believe it's currently possible to run with the ACE weapons...It used to be though. Has ACE really changed to the point where you can't use the default A2 weapons? I'm not sure what the cause is, but I have recently picked up Degen again and am looking into fixing it up a bit.

Craigun, a long lost friend of mine, who made the wonderful Dynamic Zombie Sandbox mission allowed me to use his awesome pants vehicle script (At least he said so awhile ago! :O!! Craig! You might need to yell at me!!). Which means the game will automatically use whatever weapons your game has available. This should eliminate that weapon issue.

I already have a fantastically working version on CAA1's United Sahrani and my friends and I are loving it, however I don't really want to release it to the public because of the scripts I borrowed from Craigary that make the mission better are, obviously, not mine. I have been super busy with my Psychology degree, work, girlyfriends, friends, family, and moving out to really sit down and script like crazy... I do plan this summer (In 3 weeks-ish for me) to start working on Degen again and really making it awesome sauce.

Edited by stk2008

Yes, I will be adding all the gear and etc to the script. Craig-goon's mission is so flexiable that it can be just imported to a new map and be instantly ready. That's such an amazing feature! It's that flexability I want to go for as well as keeping my own mission creation style.

If I do release anything to the public I believe I will just give Craigawn all the credit... I just enjoy making fun missions and am not the best scripter lol.

EDIT:

I can help you with that once I get some free time. I'm currently at work so I can't view any scripts. The time and date should all be synced to players.

ARMA 2 has so many talented people its unreal and all so kind this is another great reason I am proud to be an arma player.

We all look forward to the next release by I my self know what its like life gets in the way LOL.

I have two kids etc so they take up most of my time.

Thanks to Craigaloon I have had much success in making Degen a lot better while still remaining a seperate experience from his epic DZS mission! (I think if I post enough he will have to respond to me eventually ;D) . I was talking to Craig and he said it would be okay to use some of his scripts in Degen so I feel a little better. I'm more after his vehicle/zombie spawning system. I'm more of a 'make the game as fun as possible' lad so I don't want to spend hours working on scripts that are efficent. I just want scripts that get the job done reliably and effectively. So being able to use someone elses knowledge that can

do all that efficently as well is a huge bonus for me. It allows me to focus more on gameplay and what players actually want. That's what I care about overall. Making a fun experience for others.

This is great news I cant wait for the next release :).

Did you take the file down? I tried the download links in the first post as well and the update, and only the @DGN works.

Thanks to Craigaloon I have had much success in making Degen a lot better while still remaining a seperate experience from his epic DZS mission! (I think if I post enough he will have to respond to me eventually ;D) . I was talking to Craig and he said it would be okay to use some of his scripts in Degen so I feel a little better. I'm more after his vehicle/zombie spawning system. I'm more of a 'make the game as fun as possible' lad so I don't want to spend hours working on scripts that are efficent. I just want scripts that get the job done reliably and effectively. So being able to use someone elses knowledge that can

do all that efficently as well is a huge bonus for me. It allows me to focus more on gameplay and what players actually want. That's what I care about overall. Making a fun experience for others.

Hey, Domipoo

I love degen (more than my DZS). I will never forget playing on sahrani back in the day, and then takistan, and then he let me help for the chernarus version (zombigasm....)....

Just sayin.

Anyway, my ISP decided internet wasn't good enough for South Central Wisconsin (centurlylink). So I've been in the stone age for seemingly forever. I'm back now though.

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to respond. Dom, do you want my scripts? I said you could have them like back in November. :D

Dom is too nice....

Anyway, I look forward to Degen coming back again.

Oo another post: :D

I am not your long lost friend.... Or at least I thought I wasn't.... You can use the weapon picker magic thingy, sure. :D

And girlyfriends? Dom you playa! Multiple? Is this all at once?? 2 at a time? More?

Okay, that's enough...

Good day to yall

-Craig

Well, not sure if Dom still checks around these parts with College and all, but I've been thinking of my final send off to the ArmA community. And nothing would satisfy me more than having it be a final, working version of DGN Core to go alongside Degeneration.

Some of the ideas I've been thinking of are as follows in no particular order:

A deep and comprehensive gear system that ensures every round is cherished before going the skull of a zombie. What this means, and provided the A2 engine will allow it, is an entirely new way of handling ammo. The scenario in my mind is such - You find an M4 with 4 Magazines. You expend one magazine. That empty magazine will no longer disappear into the endless void of ArmA, but instead be re-added to your inventory as an empty magazine. Now you find a 100-Round Carton of 5.56/.223, and you can use it to refill your empty magazine back to full.

On the flip-side, if you want to empty out a couple of magazines to say, link the ammo together for a M249 SAW, provided you have the links, then you can do just that. The possibilities are quite large, once the base system is employed and kinks/exploits/glitches/and ArmA Magic are accounted for.

When I get back home in two weeks I can better explain if you'd like, if you think it has a place in Degeneration. That's not the only thing on my mind either, as it's been hunting ways to add depth, to get all that is possible in the addon side of Degeneration. To not only ease the load on the mission itself, but add new layers of game mechanics and fun as well. But all that can wait.

In closing, hope everything is going well for you two, and the rest of the BIForums users.

~][Niipaa

It would indeed be epically epic to see such a functionality in Degeneration. And if you are choosing to say goodbye to the community, then this would be the way to do it.

Thanks G,

-Craig