Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

Degeneration-Redux- Zombie Invasion -

We tested this now for about 4 hours on dedicated server with 5-10 people and we encountered a difficult bug that kills you randomly. And then sometimes when a random player dies another one will receive a message that they have died and the player that didnt die goes to spectator mode but he can still move he's character. If this writing doesnt make any sense send me a pm or something and Il try to be more thorough. : D

AlphaGuerilla;2035858']We tested this now for about 4 hours on dedicated server with 5-10 people and we encountered a difficult bug that kills you randomly. And then sometimes when a random player dies another one will receive a message that they have died and the player that didnt die goes to spectator mode but he can still move he's character. If this writing doesnt make any sense send me a pm or something and Il try to be more thorough. : D

Yup, same here.

Doesn't happen to host, and it doesn't happen if I'm with the other player (my brother). So I figured lag.

Tried it over LAN and the same thing happened. We're using ventrillo that wasn't over lan, if that helps.

It's like a invisible zombie that randomly kills anyone who isn't host, it also seems to randomly destroy his cars for no reason, sometimes slowly over time.

Because of this if we can't find each other in time the zombie randomly kills him, so splitting up is a no go.

Is there anyway to make us spawn together always, or is it random?

Edited by ferret85

Yup, same here.

Doesn't happen to host, and it doesn't happen if I'm with the other player (my brother). So I figured lag.

Tried it over LAN and the same thing happened. We're using ventrillo that wasn't over lan, if that helps.

It's like a invisible zombie that randomly kills anyone who isn't host, it also seems to randomly destroy his cars for no reason, sometimes slowly over time.

Because of this if we can't find each other in time the zombie randomly kills him, so splitting up is a no go.

Is there anyway to make us spawn together always, or is it random?

The respawn bug has been fixed in an upcoming version! As for being split up in the beginning...I can probably make some kind of parameter that makes everyone spawn together in a randomly selected town. Thank you for the idea!

This is interesting. I have not encountered this but I believe the future update will fix this.

Thank you all for the testing,

Degeneration already has some massive changes in the future release

CHANGE LOG SO FAR:

/*Dominic:09/30/2011
FIXED: Spawning in air issues.
FIXED: JIP should always put player back to last "known" position.
ADDED: Thanks to Garret, a new Soundtrack for Degen!
CHANGED: Special Vehicle spawn chance has been decreased drastically.
ADDED: New Horde system!
*/

/*Dominic:10/1-15/2011
FIXED: Updated Celery's zombie scripts
FIXED: JIP players no longer "revive" dead players
FIXED: Player 'exact' location gets saved every 5ish minutes. 
         Upon rejoin they will be EXACTLY where they were at that time. 
         (Means players can hideout inside buildings now!)
ADDED: SIDEMISSIONS ADDED (Random time/random selection)
CHANGED: Special Vehicle spawn chance has been decreased slightly more.
ADDED: Survivors!
ADDED: Military Base: Bring survivors to the military base to 
           recieve a random reward of weapons! (
           1 survivor = 3 vehicles worth of weapons)
ADDED: 2 More Easter Eggs! Moo moo moo moo?
FIXED: Removed "Dock Block" abuse by removing the docks!!!
CHANGED: Bandage drop rate decreased to 5%
CHANGED: Loot drop decreased/changed items
FIXED: Grape Drank / Watermelon consumption fixed.
FIXED: MOAR locality issues
ADDED: Event Handler to count # of zombies killed!
ADDED: Selectable WIN condition in parameters for # of zombies killed! 
          From 100 to infinite!
ADDED: BUILDABLE ammo boxes! 
            (When the ammo box is broken down it still SAVES everything 
            that was inside it)
ADDED: All static weapons can be broken down! 
ADDED: Searchlight to list of items that can be broken down!
ADDED: A couple more vehicles can carry 9999 units and 9999 weapons
ADDED: Fuel consumption script.
*/

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38334795/RECENT%20CHANGES%28edited%209.30.2011%29.txt

Edited by Genesis92x

yeah, right now the player who isn't the host will randomly die for no apparent reason.

Also, is there a way to disable the E button to enter vehicles?

yeah, right now the player who isn't the host will randomly die for no apparent reason.

Also, is there a way to disable the E button to enter vehicles?

The death bug should be gone in the future version.

The E button has been removed.

EDIT: Actually, the E button will be optional.

Edited by Genesis92x

Civilian Urals (DGN_UralCivil' date=' DGN_Ural_TK_CIV_EP1, DGN_UralCivil2) now have empty Magazine and Weapon Cargo.***** Military Ural's still have the A2/OA default loadout.

*****All this means is that "Farmer's" Urals will no longer have a ludicrous amount of ammunition in the back by default.

*****Even in the most war-torn countries, civilians rarely have access to that much ordnance.

Source Work Scheduled For Release: Version 2.0b

Roadmap Released.[/quote']

really,,, u just made mission difficult into mission impossible.... y do u have to take away the 1 thing that every 1 enjoy doing, can we hav some fun blasting zombie n not having to worry about running low in ammo??? what can u do in this sandbox mission? kill and kill more~~~

just look at how u and ur friend play what weapon would they chose, m4 or ak? all my friends chose russia weapon the reason is obvious and not like they hav a choice, cause there isn't any blufor ammo truck. yeah u can scavange from cars but most likely u would only find a clip or 2 from a vehicle and hell they never fit ur gun... then horde come u use up all ur ammo just to get away....

r u trying to make the game more realistic? hell reality man even this mission happen in america u still wouldn't find guns and RPG!!! in every car...

this mission is way difficult enough already as it is, zombie run as fast as u, horde spawn zomb all around u even place u hav clear already or at ur face, zomb that can kill a LAV just by their bare hand!!! it is especially worst for people who dosen't kown the map all that well...

For me this is a nice mission, if you are alone you should have a lucky beginning and find some weapon to don't get suddenly chased by an increasing bunch of Z and be forced to run away without facing them.

The only thing that I suppose could be enhanced is the endless spawning of lots of Z when you run with a vehichle, in my opinion only the Z in the neighborhood should be alerted by the engine noise.

Another flaw is that armored vehichles are clawed down by a few undead hits.

Apart from that this is a nice and funny mission and is well worth to be played.

really,,, u just made mission difficult into mission impossible.... y do u have to take away the 1 thing that every 1 enjoy doing, can we hav some fun blasting zombie n not having to worry about running low in ammo??? what can u do in this sandbox mission? kill and kill more~~~

just look at how u and ur friend play what weapon would they chose, m4 or ak? all my friends chose russia weapon the reason is obvious and not like they hav a choice, cause there isn't any blufor ammo truck. yeah u can scavange from cars but most likely u would only find a clip or 2 from a vehicle and hell they never fit ur gun... then horde come u use up all ur ammo just to get away....

r u trying to make the game more realistic? hell reality man even this mission happen in america u still wouldn't find guns and RPG!!! in every car...

this mission is way difficult enough already as it is, zombie run as fast as u, horde spawn zomb all around u even place u hav clear already or at ur face, zomb that can kill a LAV just by their bare hand!!! it is especially worst for people who dosen't kown the map all that well...

Don't forget that you are playing an older version! And the point of Degeneration is supposed to be difficult. The next version will still be quite different, you won't notice the zombies right away (Until the Horde comes).

I would suggest running around looking inside vehicles for a weapon you'd want before grabbing it. If you are unarmed, zombies will not detect you unless you are 40 M from them or a horde happens.

Take a look at the changelog

/*Dominic:09/30/2011
FIXED: Spawning in air issues.
FIXED: JIP should always put player back to last "known" position.
ADDED: Thanks to Garret, a new Soundtrack for Degen!
CHANGED: Special Vehicle spawn chance has been decreased drastically.
ADDED: New Horde system!
*/

/*Dominic:10/1-15/2011
FIXED: Updated Celery's zombie scripts
FIXED: JIP players no longer "revive" dead players
FIXED: Player 'exact' location gets saved every 5ish minutes. 
         Upon rejoin they will be EXACTLY where they were at that time. 
         (Means players can hideout inside buildings now!)
ADDED: SIDEMISSIONS ADDED (Random time/random selection)
CHANGED: Special Vehicle spawn chance has been decreased slightly more.
ADDED: Survivors!
ADDED: Military Base: Bring survivors to the military base to 
           recieve a random reward of weapons! (
           1 survivor = 3 vehicles worth of weapons)
ADDED: 2 More Easter Eggs! Moo moo moo moo?
FIXED: Removed "Dock Block" abuse by removing the docks!!!
CHANGED: Bandage drop rate decreased to 5%
CHANGED: Loot drop decreased/changed items
FIXED: Grape Drank / Watermelon consumption fixed.
FIXED: MOAR locality issues
ADDED: Event Handler to count # of zombies killed!
ADDED: Selectable WIN condition in parameters for # of zombies killed! 
          From 100 to infinite!
ADDED: BUILDABLE ammo boxes! 
            (When the ammo box is broken down it still SAVES everything 
            that was inside it)
ADDED: All static weapons can be broken down! 
ADDED: Searchlight to list of items that can be broken down!
ADDED: A couple more vehicles can carry 9999 units and 9999 weapons
ADDED: Fuel consumption script.
CHANGED: Zombies aggro/spawn range has been altered. Should be easier in the beginning.
*/

For me this is a nice mission, if you are alone you should have a lucky beginning and find some weapon to don't get suddenly chased by an increasing bunch of Z and be forced to run away without facing them.

The only thing that I suppose could be enhanced is the endless spawning of lots of Z when you run with a vehichle, in my opinion only the Z in the neighborhood should be alerted by the engine noise.

Another flaw is that armored vehichles are clawed down by a few undead hits.

Apart from that this is a nice and funny mission and is well worth to be played.

Hm, I would agree. The aggro radius for vehicle engines has been decreased slightly.

How very classy J Rock. Allow me to make something clear, as I apparently have not done so yet. I am not some facist addon maker who forces these changes down your throat. If you do not like something I do, the solution is quite simple lad.

Download. Another. Version.

Or.

Fix. It. Yourself. (Source is now officially released alongside 2.1b. Link at the bottom of my post)

With that being said, you can have a fantasy scenario with a realistic approach, and the development of DGN_Core will continue with this vision in mind. I've had no problem accruing ammo for M4s, Avtomat Kalashnikov 47s and 74s, G36s of all shapes and sizes, M240s, or PKs. My suggestion to you is to aim true, and keep your soldier in shape, as I've out run many a horde with nothing but boot power. Much love homie, and remember, it's only a game.

Changelog for 2.0b (Internally Released Version)

Version 2.0b

Readme Updated.

Beta Stage Achieved.

Source Released.

Buildable Searchlight and Ammobox (Using Operation Arrowhead's CSW System. 2 Parts Required For Each.)

Changelog for 2.1b.

Version 2.1b

-Emergency Update-

Readme Updated.

Source Updated.

Added a HMMWV Ambulance & Field Hospital without a Heal action. (For use in the USMC Survivor Base Camp)

All DGN Vehicles can now carry 9999 Backpacks (transportmaxbackpacks = 9999;). This command was overlooked, and I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Bertha Introduction Pushed Back To: Version 2.5b (To make room for any more prevalent features).

Download For 2.1b (Includes Source! Enjoy Developing & Learning!): Here

~][Niipaa

Glad you're enjoying it Foss, hopefully the mission will continue to keep the community happy and content. As for me, yet another DGN release is due, however, this is a special release. For it is the first, and hopefully last, release that was not made specifically with Degeneration in mind.

However, it is still 100% backwards and forwards compatible with all other versions of Degeneration, and DGN Core. I just needed to make a few custom units for an upcoming Operation of mine, and I felt it unnecessary to create an entirely new addon for them, so I snuck them into to DGN.

Changelog for 2.2b

Version 2.2b

-Rhezny Update-

This Update is purely meant for my own upcoming mission, Operation Rhezny.

It does not directly benefit Degeneration, however all units would be compatible, and I decided that making an entirely new addon for just a few needed Units would be absolutely silly.

This update will not cause any conflicts with Degeneration, so it is safe to update even if you do not plan on using the Rhezny Units (Prefixed with: RHE).Readme, Knowledge Base, Roadmap, & Source Updated.

Added Operation Rhezny Units. (RHE_KGBSilencer,RHE_KGBSilencer2, RHE_KGBMedic).

Download for 2.2b: Here

You all enjoy yourselves, and have a fantastic upcoming weekend.

Hey guys,

Update for Degeneration to V1.07. Check it out if you got the time!

Download Here!

Don't forget the @DGN update as well: @DGN

Fixed quite a lot and added a lot. There's a lot more of added content that was requested by all the players.

Sidemissions

Civilians for the rescuing

A safe zone

More A2/OA weapons

Bunch of bug fixes

All static weapons can be packed up

Horde events!

Stuff I forgot about.

Fixed the spawning system

Enjoy!

Edited by Genesis92x

I hate the internet.

It gives dumb people the ability to yell at the rest of us.

Actually I might depbo and put a Param that sets "Zombie speed" Slow|Med|Fast. Hopefully it's just the units speed (setSpeedMode/waypointSpeed) which can be set when they spawn. So users can have a "Night of the Living Dead, The Walking Dead, or 28 Days Zombies" ;)

EDIT:

Heres a Degen2.paa that doesn't give an error (r-click Save As... ) Degen2.paa

Also if you want them to walk edit zombie_scripts/cly_z_routines.sqf line 131. I made it multiline:

if (_zombietype!="slow armored") then {
			_zombie forceWalk true; //EDITED!!!!!!!!!!!!
			_zombie setSpeedMode "LIMITED"; //EDITED!!!!!!!!!!!!
		} else {
			_zombie setSpeedMode "LIMITED";
		};

you can just paste (if you want):

if (_zombietype!="slow armored") then {_zombie forceWalk true;_zombie setSpeedMode "LIMITED"} else {_zombie setSpeedMode "LIMITED"};

WARNING it's wwwwwwwwwwaaaaay too easy like that, but still creepy. ;)

Edited by Rexxenexx

On behalf of VVC, I would like to thank everyone thus far for there fervorous support, bug testing, and work, to help Degeneration reach the stage it's at now. It has been quite the couple years of work, and the community is due a thank you for it's support during that time. This thank you goes out to all to the past, present, and future fans. I would also like to thank Rexx for providing me with a heads up to Version 2 Keys/Signing, allowing DGN_Core to be more functional for its user base, the fixed Degen2.paa, and a new parameter. In the end, we have all given something to Degeneration, and for this, I offer my sincerest gratitude, as does everyone at VVC.

Many internets to you all,

~Garret M. Barnhart aka ][Niipaa

This is interesting. I have not encountered this but I believe the future update will fix this.

Hi Genesis92x, yesterday i tried the latest version (dgen / mission) with a friend and he can confirm the invisible zombie problem is still present, i think the bug affects only remote players (i always host internet games on my machine and i've never seen this problem), i don't know if with a dedicated server will be different, anyway thanks for the amazing mission, great concept and very funny to play

Hi Genesis92x, yesterday i tried the latest version (dgen / mission) with a friend and he can confirm the invisible zombie problem is still present, i think the bug affects only remote players (i always host internet games on my machine and i've never seen this problem), i don't know if with a dedicated server will be different, anyway thanks for the amazing mission, great concept and very funny to play

I have never run into this problem on dedicated servers :\ I can't find the issue either. I believe this is part of the zombie scripts that is out of my control at the time being.

If you need a dedciated server to play on the VVC server will always have the most updated version.

I have never run into this problem on dedicated servers :\ I can't find the issue either. I believe this is part of the zombie scripts that is out of my control at the time being.

If you need a dedciated server to play on the VVC server will always have the most updated version.

Yes, it still exist.

In fact it seems to be worse now.

Will test it with a dedicated and report back.

Yes, it still exist.

In fact it seems to be worse now.

Will test it with a dedicated and report back.

I know it doesn't exist on a dedicated server. Might be Celery's zombie scripts and the compatibility (I am not using the latest version until the OA patch is released).

ferret85|h8er look for "[server offline]" and see if it happens there.

Edited by Rexxenexx
Server is off

ferret85|h8er look for "[server offline]" and see if it happens there.

i can confirm there are no problems with the dedicated server (we have played for about 2 hours without issues)

i can confirm there are no problems with the dedicated server (we have played for about 2 hours without issues)

Well that's nice to hear...

I can't wait for that ArmA 2 OA patch so I can upgrade the zombies >:|

Was there some addon/mod requirements and how-to-install guide somewhere for us noobs?

Suggestions:

How about a boat that needs engine, gas and some fixing to escape the "island"? And it would be random if you could escape with heli or boat and also random how many parts and what not it takes to fix these. Is it already random where the parts for fixing heli are located and how many parts it takes to fix it?

How about if one way to complete the mission would be fixing a radio (that u have to find), finding out a certain radio frequency and some password (from civis) to contact some weird heli-pilot/army pilot/fisher with boat/army boat that would pick u up at certain random location and at certain time with certain requirements (light source to locate you, money, booze, women, etc...)?

Was there some addon/mod requirements and how-to-install guide somewhere for us noobs?

Here is how i configured the server on my machine (dedicated server and client on the same machine + another remote client)

- Download the map

- Put the mission in your Arma 2/MPMissions folder

- Rename it to "coxx_degeneration_redux_v1.07b.Chernarus.pbo"

then you need the dgen mod, download it then

- unpack the DGN Core 2.2b.rar into a temporary folder

- copy the DGN Core 2.2b\Version 1 Signatures\@DGN folder into your Arma 2 folder

- create a "keys" folder into your Arma 2\@DGN folder

- copy the DGN Core 2.2b\Version 1 Signatures\Key\DGN.bikey file into your Arma 2\@DGN\keys folder

here you can find the server configuration files i used

http://www.mediafire.com/?g9t7g5gbwex8owr

to better understand all the server options read

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg 

- Unpack the server.rar into your Arma 2 folder

Now you can start the server with this command from a command prompt, change "youripaddress" with the public server ip address or dns name and eventually modify the game path

call "c:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ARMA2OA.exe" "-server" "-ip youripaddress" "-port 2302" "-cfg=server\basic.cfg" "-config=server\server.cfg" "-profiles=server" "-name=server" "-world=empty" "-exthreads=7" "-nosound" "-mod=@DGN"

the clients that connect to the server must have the @DGN mod loaded (-mod=@DGN)

bye

Great mission, which is lots of fun to play, but is it possible to enable the save function? I like to play on LAN and my schedule is hectic so I have to save often.

I tried editing the mission to allow saving in the afterinit.sqf and then deleted the line:

//Leave group

_group=createGroup civilian;

[player] join _group;

The problems set in after I load a saved game:

Can no longer rescue civilians: This crashes the game, but I can still release those in my group.

When I check the gear at the ammo crate in the safezone (after I have saved) the game crashes.

Aside from that and with the original files (none of the above editing), other bugs I noticed:

The bandage/eat bread/drink water actions disappear sometimes.

There are zombies inside the safe zone.

Sometimes a vehicle will not tow a static weapon.

I know it is still in the testing phase but would it be possible to add:

More destroyed buildings/landscape, especially in and around the major cities (destroyed cars/tanks/barricades, etc.).

Side missions involving resupplying an isolated stronghold (similar to the Quarantine mod for Arma).

Ambient combat, a few last holdouts.

Thanks for the hard work!