Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

COWarMod ACE Compatible - Open beta Project

Haha, good man Savage!

Appreciate it.

Im reviewing the list at the moment and reviewing CWM v 1.2 on the files, and comparing notes.

for CWM v 1.2

I am going with the files in the @COWarMod\addons folder only, then once we get the mod sorted out and compatible

from there i will list mods from the customizable folder that may prevent compatibility or cause conflicts in relation to ACE.

Now off the bat if you understand what that means, lol Just test CWM v 1.2 with just the default setup (what you downloaded) and nothing added and then report.

I will post my list of mods to remove, and then we can go from there.

For everyone's information if some folks dont understand how this works, the basic concept here is to

make COWarMod compatible with ACE2 - (OA latest build version).

How we do this is like so:

1. I review the features of ACE mod seen here:

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/wagn/Features

2. I also review the files in the ACE \ addons folder

3. I look for files with features that I know are in CoWarMod, so in a way I am reviewing CoWarMod mods based on what they are and do while

reviewing the features of ACe's and try to establish a common ground.

4. If ACE has a feature for example that lets say the AT4 ingame when you fire it, it being only a 1 shot rocket launcher, the tube should drop to the ground,

now in CWM there is already a mod that does this, so..

5. for testing purposes I would note these 2 and then test and watch the results, if theres a conflict (and there was when I last tested it)

then the mod in COWarMod would be removed, as we are not removing files from ACE just CWM.

=======

In general to sum it up, we are reviewing mods already in CWM that have the same or similar features in ACE then testing them for conflicts,

and then removing the mods FROM CWM that do conflict.

Some mods I know would conflict based on knowing how they function, now for my testers I always point out to them to get to know the mod

or playing with by reviewing and the feature ingame, and know how it works, then when you test with a similar feature in CWM you can report accurately.

So we are making CWM compatible with ACE, we are not removing ACE's files, just CWM'd if they conflict.

Once a list of mods that are not compatible are removed, I then build a readme that lists all the features

in CWM that will indeed work with ACE based on our findings and tests.

Testers

Testers be sure to only test with this target line:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod;@ACE

no acex and other extras, we will get to those when we make the core of ACE compatible.

Also refer to the first page of the thread here for more info.

Any questions let me know.

I'll have my list up soon here.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Ok guys i have a list, there is alot to test and a few things to remove.

I will break it down, now remember these 2 lists are based off of COWarMod v 1.2 and default setup which means when

you downloaded the mod your playing with the way it is without you customizing it.

2 lists here:

Remove Files List:

fnc_ballistics_infantry.pbo

fnc_ballistics_launchers.pbo

fnc_ballistics_vehicles.pbo

fnc_muzzlevelocity

fnc_scopes_common_c

fnc_scopes_common_m

gdtmod_javelin

gdtmod_satchel

ICE_AH64D_CPG_sights

ICE_AircraftHUD

inko_disposable

JavelinTweak_by_McHide_Gameplay_C_PvPscene

Map Plus - map_no_sat

norrn_dbo_fastrope

SLX_Cartriges

trueuser_nvgs

=======================

Need to test

asr_config_camofaces_oa

ASR Disable Cursor Text

bd_tracer

CHN_ARTY+

CHN_Troopmon2

DisabledCenterHandIcon

DisabledTalkTopics

DoubledSupplyRadius

gdtmod_car_mg_zoom

gdtmod_m1014_flashlight

gdtmod_rifle_zoom

glt_opa_backpacks4all

MFDforAH1Z_by_defunkt_Visuals_C_PvPscene

pistolfiedtracers-need to test

S_NVG

slx_anim_binocularmove

slx_anim_pistolcivil

slx_anims

SLX_Effects

SLX_ExplosionDust

slx_modweapons_3d_optics

slx_optics

slx_rpg7

slx_t72_destroyed

tgw_vehfixes

WarFX : Blastcore -WarFXPE

x_TrueUser_IGUI_ActionMenu_NoIcons

x_TrueUser_IGUI_Text_HideAmmoCount

ZZZ_CMCD_VehTweaks

=================

For description of each file and what they do, refer to the All features List readme located:

@COWarMod\Documentation\FEATURES\All Features List

Lists are based on my review of the CoWarMod v 1.2 files, ACE files,a dn the Features page for ACE seen here:

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/wagn/Features

as well as my knowledge and experience with the mods.

Questions, thoughts, feedback and reports, let me know.

Also we'll want to make sure nothing breaks the ACE-specific features like ACE Wounding System or ACE Armor (can't remember what it's called ATM).. or more commonly breaking the interaction keys or menus.

Do you know if any of the mods needing testing are confirmed to work with ACE on their own?

I'm doubting the mods that need to be tested work with ACE on their own as ace has the same or similar features of those

that need to be tested, but then thats why they need to be tested, alone and with CWM overall.

iron sights for m4, svd , etc are messed up..I cannot figure which mod in COWarmod is causing it..also with ATGMS..no sighTS

Thanks for the report.

When you post reports please give as much as details as possible, or we waste time playing a guessing game,

making me ask you 20 questions, and having you test this and that.

so heres what im getting:

-the infantry weapons the sites are messed up so:

question

were you using the ASC weapon pack at all?

question

using vanilla weapons, or ace weapons?

also

question

ATGM to me thats a stationary static weapon like a 50 cal on a tripod correct?

so my guesses you need to test the following files:

gdtmod_car_mg_zoom

gdtmod_rifle_zoom

slx_modweapons_3d_optics

slx_optics

question

Did you remove the files from the list in my other post, which would have you remove these 2 files:

fnc_scopes_common_c

fnc_scopes_common_m

question

Also are you running CWM v 1.2 with a target line as stated like this:

only run this when we test, why because this is what everyone is downloading, the stock CWm v 1.2,

once its ace compatible then we extend into other files.

question

Have you added any files from the CWM v 1.2 Customization folder to the addons folder if so which ones?

question

also how did you test, and what?

question

Are you testing the mod to help out in this project or reporting what happened when you ran CWM v 1.2

and ACE together without removing the files stimulated?

again as I had first said without details I need to ask you 20 questions.

I'm not trying to be a dick or mean, but If i dont know the context of the game your are running and or what, or how your running it then

I cannot possibly give you a solid direct, and accurate answer to what it is.

I will test myself to see if i come across the same scenario.

Quote and Answer those questions for me please.

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Are you using Anzins from the folder:

@COWarMod\Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS\Anzins

I tested without removing any files and all the guns (vanilla) I tested work fine, as they should.

Also test an ATM and had no issues.

So you had to have either added a mod, or are using ace weapons.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hi Günter:

question

were you using the ASC weapon pack at all?

ASC is not the issue..I did verify that it is not ASC related.

question

ATGM to me thats a stationary static weapon like a 50 cal on a tripod correct?

stationary ATGMs still dont work..no optics..

All of these were removed and did fix the issue of rifles scopes

slx_modweapons_3d_optics

slx_optics

fnc_scopes_common_c

fnc_scopes_common_m

used command line

I added mostly AI Enhacement features, ASR AI and

Still testing ..Im moving stuff around..i will give feedback on the weekend

Henri.

ZZZ_CMCD_VehTweaks

Don't try and use this with ACE - ACE devs have already incorporated a similar system after taking a look through it.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback

stationary ATGMs still dont work..no optics..

Can you tell me which ATGM's dont work for you for the sites, so i can test and confirm myself, if I can see it for myself

then I can get a better picture of what the issue is, I can better find the culprit, as i said details are needed.

Notes in principle on testing Keep in mind,

when you test it is imperative that the same results be across the board for all testers, having one guy moving files around adding and or taking stuff out prevents accurate results, and reports.

Were not playing the game here per say, were testing with focused observation watching a mod over another, and looking for function and feature of each mod,

we need to see if this mod does what its supposed to do, and another mod for which we are testing is doing what its supposed to do without overwriting, or conflicting with the other mods.

Reporting

If you report to me something and you have added stuff and I test the thing your having issues with as an example the ATGM sites,

and I get no issues with them, then the problem is on your end.

So when usign this command line:

this means that nothing should be added, this means that you are using CWM default (what you downloaded) and no customization.

Im after accurate results that i can confirm myself, I personally dont want to spend a ton of time on each mod that needs to be tested,

its not realistic, plus I have other commitments.

This goes for all testers if you cant follow instructions as laid out then dont report anything to me,

if you get bugs and errors then its in your hands.

ZZZ_CMCD_VehTweaks

Don't try and use this with ACE - ACE devs have already incorporated a similar system after taking a look through it.

Keep up the good work!

Oh I see, ok thanks for the feedback on that Cameron, so then we can remove ZZZ_CMCD_VehTweaks from the addons folder.

Best to make a copy of CWM v 1.2 and then remove the files accordingly unless of course you only want to play with CWM and ACE together.

In that case name the folder @COWarModACE as when this version is released thats what you will download.

Anyone else interested in testing CWM w ACE?

Gentleman an update for you:

I had tested the list of files that need to be tested, had to remove a couple of files because of conflicts, other then the 2 files that had to be removed,

I had no errors popping up on the screen, really no RPT errors other then the ace clippi.

only had really one issue unless im missing something, maybe someone can confirm this or test it out for me, the issue i had was when using the javelin

I was unable to lock on any targets I had the clu so i was able to fire just couldn't lock on anything, so either theres a conflict or im using the Javelin wrong for the ACE aspect.

here is the new list of files to remove that have issues with ACE:

Remove Files List:

fnc_muzzlevelocity

fnc_scopes_common_c

fnc_scopes_common_m

gdtmod_javelin

gdtmod_satchel

ICE_AH64D_CPG_sights

ICE_AircraftHUD

inko_disposable

Map Plus - map_no_sat

norrn_dbo_fastrope

SLX_Cartriges

slx_t72_destroyed

trueuser_nvgs

ZZZ_CMCD_VehTweaks

If anyone else has any bugs or problems i might have missed then please report, other then that,

i will be working on a loading screen, updating the readmes for ACE and then uploading an COWarModACE version.

Update:

Change of plans.

Based on what i had recently posted on my COWarMod thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121837-COWarMod-Release&p=2185141#post2185141

I will be building a COWarModACE version based off of the full version.

The current version so far works great, so thats a nice stepping stone and less for me and anyone else has to test.

So heres the plan, Im in the process of Building the full version which wont take me long, should have it done in a couple hours if not sooner,

results from tests pending, but as soon as i get the new full version of CWM completed then tests for the ACE version will be based off of that.

Why the change in plans?

Well because all the WarMod versions i have released before were all full versions, and.. the customizable version for the mod part is easy to build as

theres not much to add and or test, but.... the readmes are what delay the mod as theres alot of details to include, personally Im sick of readmes,

i just want to build the mod and be done with it.

so once again COWarModACE will be based off of the full version of CWM not the customized version I had just tested.

Any questions, thoughts ideas, then let me know.

UPDATE

COWarMod Full version 1.2 has been submitted to Armaholic

Considering I already have it ;) I'm going to establish a new list of files to remove, this will include the existing files previously

removed as those files still apply in terms of possibly and conflicting with ACE.

Also have done severel tests with the new full version and have added a few more files to remove.

List is below.

Remove Files List:

fnc_muzzlevelocity

fnc_scopes_common_c

fnc_scopes_common_m

gdtmod_javelin

gdtmod_satchel

ICE_AH64D_CPG_sights

ICE_AircraftHUD

inko_disposable

Map Plus - map_no_sat

norrn_dbo_fastrope

Dynamic Sound AI (RUG DSAI) -ace already ha a module that has this

-rug_dsai.pbo

-rug_dsaieng.pbo

-rug_dsaigen.pbo

-rug_dsairus.pbo

-rug_dsaiarab.pbo

-rug_dsaiger.pbo

-rug_dsaispa.pbo

SLX_Cartriges

slx_t72_destroyed

SLX_Anim_HeadBob

slx_anim_grenadethrow

slx_anim_weapontransitions

trueuser_nvgs

WarMod_loading

ZZZ_CMCD_VehTweaks

There are more files that can be added for example SLX_wounds.pbo which works fine but when using the

ACE wounding module the you may want to remove it. Most of the files so far found other then the previous list and the new stuff added are

all based on modules being used, so if you dont use the modules then no worries.

Right now Im waiting for the full version of COWarMod to release on Armaholic so those that are interested in the ACE compatible version can test it out,

remove the files from the list above and then report any issues that may arise, I will wait on reports before I put a mod together for this, so its up to you guys.

Questions, thoughts, ideas, reports let me know.

Roger I will d/l from Armaholic this evening and help out this week.

You running Anzins?

No i did not include it ..I think it could be JSRS sound mod related

Hmm, well run CoWarMod by itself especially when you test, as anything can conflict, I dont see how a sound mod can interfere

with another mod's files but I guess you never know, it could be an CWM ACE conflict, but run CWM by itself just with CBA's and

then if you get the same issue then its got to be a conflict with ACE.

Now with the sites, are you in first person, and what weapon are you using, a m16a4?

Hmm, well run CoWarMod by itself especially when you test, as anything can conflict, I dont see how a sound mod can interfere

with another mod's files but I guess you never know, it could be an CWM ACE conflict, but run CWM by itself just with CBA's and

then if you get the same issue then its got to be a conflict with ACE.

Now with the sites, are you in first person, and what weapon are you using, a m16a4?

m16a4 svd ak74s all weapons with iron sights..i did try the mod by itself and still see the iron bug..ill keep testing

Are you in 1st person or 3rd when this happens?

both third and first ...however sometimes this does not happen..so go figure..I added the latest TPW AI LOS/SUPPRESS and the firefights are crazy..really nice..lag is not that bad, but I really love this mod.

Since you been testing, test other features of ACE like tanking, flying, choppers, artillery, medical.

I dont play with ACE so I dont know what folks like to play with in terms of features in ACE.

I actually want to finish this up this weekend, remove the files found to conflict, then zip, upload, and release,

if after i release folks have reports then so be it, but now is the chance to report.

The list I made earlier will be files that will be removed, from the full latest version 1.2 of COWarMod, so its not like you guys cant just

play the game with whatever features you like and report if theres nothing to report, then well you have your CWMACE version then,

the more folks delay the more Im going to just say F**k it and move on.

too bad you dont play ACE, it has a lot of nice features, armor values for one.

if been playing with ace + warmod a lot. Only real problem i found was that the infantry doesnt use backpacks to rearm, not sure if thats and ACE or Warmod issue do, ie a mod issue.

Edited by arkengel

Hi arkengel

Test to see if infantry use back backs in vanilla which doubt, dont ever recall seeing them do so, and then test in ACE alone and that will answer your question.

Any other issues you guys may see then report, then I can look through the list of mods and possibly find the cause to it.

I probably will release the mod this weekend as for new folks to the game might be interested in a COWarModACE version.

Well i did some further play testing and the things that seemed a little off where the rearming, which the ai doesnt do, this also extends to ammo crates. I would have tought that ASR would make the ai rearm. Also the at infantry still goes on solo attack missions away from their group.

To be complete, if been using the main COwarmod addons and the ASR AI files

I have put the slx and the asr files in different mod folders

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@COWarMod;@COSLX;@ASR_AI;@Islands -nosplash

Run the mod as specified which is -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@COWarMod

The point of the mod is to make CWM compatible with ACE which means COWarMod running with only ACE core not the other ACE extensions,

i have specified this many times throughout this thread and reporting what you tested with independent folders may or may not have accurate results.

If my setup is one way, and yours another, then comparable results cannot be accurate.

The result your having may or may not be happening on my end as you have a different setup, you cannot test this way, all you need to do if you are

to test is to use the target line specified and see what you get, the thread here is not for reporting issues to fix your game specifically, its here to see how CWM is working with ACE alone without extensions, all the other extensions like ACEX and so on are are units and vehicles and such they are "additions" to the game whereas the core are gameplay features that effect how the additions work, like CWm does, but we are looking for the conflicts, trying to see what files in CWM if any are conflicting with ACE (CORE).

Only other AI mods in CWM are the following:

inf_stealth_recognition

mechinftac

slx_ai

slx_ai_diff_armor_balance

slx_ai_difficulties

slx_ai_dodge

slx_ai_identify

slx_ai_noautoengage

slx_ai_spawnskill

slx_ai_steering

slx_aiskill

tpwc_ai_suppress

If you remove those then see if the AI rearming then, and or just run ASR AI alone without CWM,

and ACE and see if the AI rearms, knowing if that mod works as intended is important too.