Sign in to follow this  
bobocz

TKOH videos, pictures from Beta version

Btw, the planes are functional.

The planes are functional, but do not have Cockpits or even a 1st person view(well it does but its the same thing in 3rd person view but just zoomed in).

We need a Take On Planes!!! lol specially since flying planes is way easiers then flying helos, and I flew a small prop plane like the ones in TKOH before in RL...pretty easy(that or im just a natural damn good pilot :D), but since I cant seem to fly 5 feet with out end resualt being... burning alive upside down, or even for that matter...getting skids of the deck before I go ass over end! I think a "Take On Planes" would be a much more fun game!

Short video of how render to texture looks.

Backing up a car using mirrors:

6Co5vySMOaU

Edited by Bullet Purveyor

A little bit of flying through Downtown Seattle. I spend hours just flying around and playing with different wind and weather settings.

:yay:Project awesome is awesome! :yay:

hdv5sYJpXA0

Yes, I only have this PC (My laptop is too shitty for gaming). Take On is installed on a Vertex 2 SSD like Arma 2. Without FRAPS recording I get 25-40fps when I record it can drop down to 15fps.

Here are my Settings:

takeonh2011-10-0917-324oa2.jpg

Edited by Derbysieger

-Ziggy-;2034995']I seem able only to have a rear camera angle when using the planes :confused:

takeonh2011100823571664.th.png takeonh2011100900025016.th.png

Same here. Also, did you notice that it's labeled as a commercial airliner when obviously it's not. There is a boom for mid-air refueling...:391:

Yes, I only have this PC (My laptop is too shitty for gaming). Take On is installed on a Vertex 2 SSD like Arma 2. Without FRAPS recording I get 25-40fps when I record it can drop down to 15fps.

Here are my Settings:..

I guess the game wants a nice CPU then, i'm playing with a 5870 and can't get it to look that good, eyefinity requires so much power :(

Same here. Also, did you notice that it's labeled as a commercial airliner when obviously it's not. There is a boom for mid-air refueling...:391:

Addon maker probably used it for something previously and couldn't be arsed to remove the boon, it happens. That said, where did you guys get the addon?

Also very nice videos, they weren't kidding when they talked about animations..

Edited by NodUnit

I guess the game wants a nice CPU then, i'm playing with a 5870 and can't get it to look that good, eyefinity requires so much power :(

Yes, CPU is all in all most important for BIS games.

Addon maker probably used it for something previously and couldn't be arsed to remove the boon, it happens. That said, where did you guys get the addon?

the airplanes are already in the ToH beta

in the editor, side empty/ civilian/ aircraft

Not my first time without auto-trim but I'm obviously still learning to fly (aaaand I need pedals^^)

8tqQ20Rm8gA

Did I say BIS rocks? :yay:

€dit:

Also some Pics

takeonh2011-10-0814-10jbyl.jpg

takeonh2011-10-0815-54kzal.jpg

Edited by Derbysieger

Maybe it's a model from ArmA 3?!?!? :D

Mid air refueling would be awesome:bounce3:

boatPursuit-1.jpgboatPursuit-2.jpgboatPursuit-3.jpgboatPursuit-4.jpgboatPursuit-5.jpgboatPursuit-6.jpg

Was fun as I could hear bullets hitting the airframe. I did a few passes head on too. Eventually they caught him. Then they just sat there unfortunately. I kinda expected for the criminals to be put aboard the police boats and the cops speeding away. Well search for the boat is great fun too as the area is quite a big one. Oh and I would praise the possibility to spot the boat myself instead of just telling the player that there's a visual.

Its going to be even more fun when we get to chase cars instead of boats.

Was fun as I could hear bullets hitting the airframe. I did a few passes head on too. Eventually they caught him. Then they just sat there unfortunately. I kinda expected for the criminals to be put aboard the police boats and the cops speeding away. Well search for the boat is great fun too as the area is quite a big one. Oh and I would praise the possibility to spot the boat myself instead of just telling the player that there's a visual.

Its going to be even more fun when we get to chase cars instead of boats.

Nice mission. I have to try this new waypoints yet, there are so many things to do in TKOH and time is limited :(.

I made texture test video. Bevare, It's really boring ;).

UXOayv93vhU

Watch it in full HD.

The huge view distance most people are to use might play into this too.

That's why I made this test video. I want to figure out why somebody have so blurry textures. Maybe this is not good test, because it's static, altitude is not change rapidly. But I get "ugly" texture only when I set texture detail to very low.

Edited by BoboCZ

I haven't read the whole thread and I'm sorry if my conclusions from that comparison video and the fact that its "lite" terrain we got with the beta, are already discussed and pointed out to be wrong.

To me it is blatantly clear that higher resolution textures have not been included in the beta. Thats what "lite" terrain means to me. Lower quality version of the real thing. Not just a smaller area with buildings, but lower quality textures as well.

Oh and just a quickie about BoboCZ's comment on the pictures I posted. These were taken from a mission with some randomization made by BI not me. Its called pursuitBoat and apparently is one of the procedural missions included in the campaign. I posted info on how to get to try some of them in another thread. Not all are included and propapbly not all are finished. I dont know. Names of the ones included can be found in config viewer in the mission editor. cfgBase IIRC. They're there anyway and you can fly them. Just add procedural missions module or heliport module, a player character and if using the heliport module sync an empty chopper to the heliport module and save the mission as whatever mission it is you wish to try.

Edited by BadWeather

yceE17SRJPY

Make sure you watch it in HD.

This is just incredible BIS' work. Beautiful clouds. I first only want to look through clouds on the ground, but it end up that I was so impressed by clouds, that I start shoot them :). I will have to make full time movie, watching these clouds are really relaxing.

I'm really curious how BIS make them, who create them made fantastic work.
Clouds are not small, they are huge, several kilometres thick and have right scale (I guess :p).

Also I have to apologize that few months ago, I said that TKOH clouds probably can't reach FSX REX quality, now I can say that in some aspects they are even better.

I'm aware that video is a little bit kitschy, but it is nice music. ;)

Edited by BoboCZ

LOL! You've gotta be kidding me? :D Featured bug perhaps? :p

@BoboCZ:

Fitting tune. Lovely clouds. Makes me wish I had a good approximation like that in Terragen2, rather than having to wait a day for good cloud renders :p

Edited by CarlGustaffa

This is just incredible BIS' work.

I don't think they created the whole cloud system from scratch. According to the splash screen, TakOH uses something called the "Simul Weather SDK". :)