Sign in to follow this  
bobocz

TKOH videos, pictures from Beta version

Right, I forgot about this picture.

See this video how open is the World in TKOH. I cant wait for addons with quality like FTX for FSX.

fZu0_jOrpx8

Two cars from inside:

desktopcars.th.jpg

Firetruck (playable):

firesi.th.jpg fire2i.th.jpg

I can shot!

takeonh2011100222584566.th.jpg

Edited by _YoYo_

thanks for the cool firetruck pictures! can it spray water like they do in RL? or have sirens and lights?

Thanks for sharing all these pics and vids yoyo !

I must say I'm impressed, it's looking reeeeaaaally good :)

Can someone tell me if the "camera.sqs" is still available ?

@BIS

Would it be possible to have access to the Beta if we promise to buy the game once in store ?

:D

I really hope there will be some kind of Highway Patrol Missions or some swat shootouts, where you have to get a Team in.

I also got Probs with the Groundtextures but since its Seattle LITE i guess its like those DLCs for ArmA2.

Got 1 Pic here too :)

takeonh2011100511483241.jpg

any chance for a video of this? ( fastroping, FLIR, PiP etc) That would be lovely! :blush:

any chance for a video of this? ( fastroping, FLIR, PiP etc) That would be lovely! :blush:

I don't understand how PIP and FLIR is supposed to work, but I uploaded some video of the missions with fast roping and sling load.

UP0xtscWJfk

Thanks for video, now I see what I did wrong, I actually land on the roof, still I completed mission :). I was overwhelmed by difficulty of FM.

^^^ Thanks Bullet for that vid, all that fast forwarding gave me a good overview of how involved this map is, it's huge! looks like a lot to explore, can't wait bring on the final!

Hehe, that was a cool video. Game looks pretty fun although.....did that SWAT officer really just walk off a skyscraper :rolleyes:

AI blocker mesh ftw! Them walking thru an obviously closed door didnt look too hot either.

Did anyone else get an "Independence Day" flashback while flying toward the Seattle skyline? I wonder if the engine could handle one of those city killer ships. :D

Would make for an awesome mod.

Thanks for video, now I see what I did wrong, I actually land on the roof, still I completed mission :). I was overwhelmed by difficulty of FM.

As you can see in the video I almost landed my self before I remembered I was supposed to let them fast rope down :)

^^^ Thanks Bullet for that vid, all that fast forwarding gave me a good overview of how involved this map is, it's huge! looks like a lot to explore, can't wait bring on the final!

This is a very small portion of the map. I flew maybe 20-25 cliks in a straight line, the whole map is 60 kilometers times 60 kilometeres.:D

Hehe, that was a cool video. Game looks pretty fun although.....did that SWAT officer really just walk off a skyscraper :rolleyes:

hehe yes, he took the fast way down

I don't understand how PIP and FLIR is supposed to work, but I uploaded some video of the missions with fast roping and sling load.

Thx! What graphic settings do you use and what PC(CPU, graphic, RAM...) do you have?

Did anyone else get an "Independence Day" flashback while flying toward the Seattle skyline?

I experienced this several times during development :D

I know it's a little remiss of me to start demanding things of the community, but a recent video we watched has great potential for Seattle... ;)

wTSc_yOYgSI

*back to work* :ill:

Best,

RiE

I go off subject a few second, what software are you all using to make the videos, I am using an old free version of fraps, but mine (videos) look more like if it was donky kong generation images :(

I go off subject a few second, what software are you all using to make the videos, I am using an old free version of fraps, but mine (videos) look more like if it was donky kong generation images :(

If you want to create high quality videos, I would recommend buying FRAPS to get the latest version. Performance while recording in-game is much improved over the old versions and the quality is top notch. One thing you need to watch out for is the capture framerate. I find 30fps ideal for YouTube videos, but when recording a game like Arma2 or TakOH that also means you'll be stuck playing at that framerate. (The game will only run at multiples of the capture framerate, so if your hardware can't manage 60fps while capturing, it will drop to 30.)

As far as video editing is concerned, it really depends on how deep you want to get into it. I personally use a proprietary but relatively cheap program that is normally for making music called Magix Music Maker, simply because I already had it lying around. It's not ideal but it does have video editing support and allows me to cut up my FRAPS recordings and cross-fade between scenes, add simple effects, text, music, slow down/speed up video etc.

I also forked out for a DivX 7 pro license a while back, so I save my videos in .AVI format, normally 1080p at 30.000kbps and maximum quality in DivX. This produces crisp videos that still look good after being converted by YouTube. You can check out the short video here, or the ones linked in my sig to see the quality. :)

In general, when uploading to YouTube, you will want to use the highest bitrate possible while staying within the size limits.

Edited by MadDogX

Thanks a lot for your precise answer MadDogX, I'll give it a shot ;)

Regarding your video link (clouds) the view 'squeezing' by the middle, is due to the F.O.V used by the game, it is too much as if you where in a zoom out. (same inside cockpit, as it make you see like if you were at 3 meters from the panel, situated only 1 meter in front of you...no deformation here do, as it need to be wider to show as in your video).

Well that is i.m.o

tweaking rally cars I was making under arma I played around with the pilot Fov and that is exactly what you get.

Edited by ocramweb

I record at 1600x900 and upload @ 1080p without distortion.

I have a full version of Fraps, I only use the Windows Live video software, because I'm amateur, I'm lazy, and the windows software is easy to use. :p

I dont make movies. I record gameplay, kinda like a combat reporter. :868:

Funny thing is I have Sony Vegas, but I dislike that I have to hand craft each transition instead of one click done like with Windows live. I made one video with Vegas, and it took me so long to finish that I dread going through that process again each time I wish to share some gameplay.