Sign in to follow this  
bobocz

TKOH videos, pictures from Beta version

looks very nice! biggest thing is what's with the whacked out traffic - drivers don't know how to drive, cars disappear, some pop in, light or shadow doesn't seem to affect them and cars even seems to change into other cars.

i really like the look of everything else, but would be remiss of me not mention how blatantly not up to the quality of the rest of the game the traffic looked in the one video.

looks very nice! biggest thing is what's with the whacked out traffic - drivers don't know how to drive, cars disappear, some pop in, light or shadow doesn't seem to affect them and cars even seems to change into other cars.

i really like the look of everything else, but would be remiss of me not mention how blatantly not up to the quality of the rest of the game the traffic looked in the one video.

If you want to have realistic land traffic, you'll need a very powerful CPU to process all those bots.

If you want to have realistic land traffic, you'll need a very powerful CPU to process all those bots.

Just traffic that doesn't appear and disappear suddenly will do ;) But I guess this is just beta/place holder (I hope). Doesn't have to be realistic AI driving. Just realistic looping of cars which do not spawn and get killed after every few 100 meters.

Am I right with presuming it's a module?

No, ambient traffic is an engine-based solution, with options like draw-distance factored into the video options; other things, like ambient air traffic and boats, are module-based.

The number of cars to draw would be too expensive as a scripted solution. This represents a new low-level technology for us and, while there's still work to do, even in its current state it does a lot in terms of bringing the world to life!

Best,

RiE

So, finally I registered (or back again, I was user of ArmA 1 and find a profile here, dont remember its my or not ;) ). Thx for this thread.

Im totally crazy with the sims over a dozen years and Id like just to say the one sentence - Bohemia did wonderful work with ToH title. Sure its still pre beta (with some of small bugs) but this game-sim is very promising title and Bohemia Interactive did with FMD fantastic work. Its a first sim of choppers with flight dynamics like here. Keep good work!

http://yoyosims.pl/Obrazki/TakeonHelicopters/TakeOn/TakeOnH_30.jpg 140 kb

Today I released the first impressions with ToH (after 40 hours of flying). First and long part of the text. Sorry, its only in Polish but You can use Google translator ( http://translate.google.pl/# ) or different site to translate this or just enjoy screenies!

Edited by W0lle
Image > 100 kb

No raindrops on windows, too bad.

Would have loved visual rain, as well as audible rain (like something like this that I whipped up for OA). Using FSX sounds in that example, it does more than increase volume of a sound, but actually fades between 4 different intensities depending on rain level, and goes away if switching to 3rd person - very immersive :) The _ts sounds could be used for cars and _th sounds for choppers.

Furthermore (sound is very important to me), the closure of the cockpit doors should affect occlusion of ambient sounds (trees, birds, sea etc) and localized sounds (oil pumps in Takistan etc).

Edit: Note that the example doesn't work very well in TAKOH preview for some obscure reason, although it works perfectly in A2/OA. Triggers are there. Triggers produce sounds. But somehow attaching multiple triggers seem to fail. Probably engine related would be my guess.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Here no ADF/NDB, VOR and manual channels for comm with different ATC (ground, tower ect.). Virtual cocpit isnt clickable like in FSX or DCS series but some of procedures are simulated for sure (check video with startup and shutdown, big part of VC is clickable or You can set up it on Your keyboards, panels, HOTAS ect.). VOR Gauge shows only next waypoint in missions or stay in "zero" course. You can turn on channel of ATC for voice as background but cant change digits on this channel. You can manage of Your passenger, give him some of tasks like seraching, observe ect. You can do more in cocpit (only with ATC and nav procedures are facilitation). Dont forget about walkarond. You can do whole "chopper walkarond" and check all outside of helicopters and You can go to mechanic with problems ;). Perhaps in final need only cash ;).

yoyo thanks very much for the great presentation and welcome to this forum!

Can you please post you pc specs, the ingamesettings in your video´s and the average fps flying over sidney?

Edited by JumpingHubert

Over Sydney will be difficult ;). Here no map of Sydney, only Seattle in the west part of US. I wrote about FPS in the text in the end of the review + spec of system. FPS are good, 25-50 it depences but no slideshows here with normal/high settings + Anizo + AA. Always Fraps take to some of FPS (recording video).

Thanks YoYo for sharing! Could you pls show some sling load and roping in youre vids? Also some shoots from Seattle by night would be great.

;2028432']Thanks YoYo for sharing! Could you pls show some sling load and roping in youre vids? Also some shoots from Seattle by night would be great.

Not tested yet but in this pre-beta and beta version not all functions will work like the final game.

Ok but did short vid with manual hovering :bounce3: .

q3oiNtFJ5rs?hd=1

VOR Gauge shows only next waypoint in missions or stay in "zero" course.

Ok, thanks. I'm guessing that "VOR Gauge" basically means an RMI type VOR needle, pointing to the waypoint, and no regular VOR Gauge with CDI deflection and TO/FROM indicators, OBS course setting and so on? :) Maybe later.

Still, it leaves hope for some basic NDB/RMI based navigation. Creating nav radio channels, have an interface to select them, and then move the waypoint (WP or task based?) according to which station is selected. With instructions like track outbound radial 020° from VOR TKO :p If the "on screen" gauges are easy to create and have what I need, a fully working nav suite will be my first little project (I've done Sandel SN3308 EHSI nearly fully operational, combined with full radio system, in FS ages ago).

So there is no function on the HSI CDI then? Too bad. Was hoping for ILS indications (LLZ/GS), considering A2/OA actually has "ILS data" on their airports (Limnos doesn't have ILS in real life, so wonder how that's gonna be like).

Haha they simulated landing to take a piss. That's pretty funny and actually realistic, I've done it a couple times in farmers' fields. The tricky part is taking off without them being able to read your tail #.

Not tested yet but in this pre-beta and beta version not all functions will work like the final game.

Ok but did short vid with manual hovering :bounce3:.

Haha, clearly the best piece of machinima for Take On Helicopters so far :p

Haha they simulated landing to take a piss. That's pretty funny and actually realistic, I've done it a couple times in farmers' fields. The tricky part is taking off without them being able to read your tail #.

Yup, been there done that!

That Bell 412 with Sharks Teeth reminds me old good game Vietcong 1 Bell 205 Huey :)

I hope, one day we will see Vietnam map + career in 1960-1970 :yay: .

Will be very nice.

Thank you very much YoYo i appreciate you doing all this for the community! I have a special request if i may? I'm obsessed with fire trucks and what not, and am in training to be a firefighter and was wondering if you could please post pics of some fire trucks and maby a few fire houses please and thank you!!!

Thank you very much YoYo i appreciate you doing all this for the community! I have a special request if i may? I'm obsessed with fire trucks and what not, and am in training to be a firefighter and was wondering if you could please post pics of some fire trucks and maby a few fire houses please and thank you!!!

Didnt see till now any fire truck, but maybe this game will be for You interesting : Click

4th of October is Coming! Oli platform (map) :

FXToDDyWuvA