Sign in to follow this  
blakeace

Blake's Carrier Ops

MemphisBelle, there is nothing in MMA turning left screen white and right one grey, not a single dialog or hud similar to that. In my test it ran flawless and with quite smooth movements.

Thanks Mandole for testing it out.

Anyway Blakeace might try to change the way it is controlled, instead of checking for Gear state, add a displayEventHandler like in the example above just to toggle this function ON/OFF pressing "G" once, so that the pilot dont need to keep pressing any key all the time. When turned ON it might go OFF automatically if speed is exceeded or if the vehicle elevates above ground, etc.

The reason I went with a must hold concept was for a couple of reasons. It really isn't that natural when on, and being forced to maintain a key press reminds you that it is on. The other reason was to create a more HOTAS like setup, where users can map the gear control to a joystick button.I haven't had any joy when testing displayAddEventHandler command in the past. I can only pressume I am missing something else that is required to implement it. So that direction isn't possible at this stage without figuring it out.

I could create an action menu to control things, but I personally find it a rather clunky way to implement things. I mght look at an option of being able to control by either a menu or by holding gear with a menu? I'll have a think and a play around.

I would add that if the vehicle is a plane, it should not be able to turn at all if the speed is close to 0, basically you need to keep advancing at least a bit all the time in order to be able to turn.

This isn't really meant to be a correct simulation of vehicle movement, rather a simplified way of maneuvering with more precision. By being able to make greater use of the LHD etc. So it is like a simplification of both what an aircraft can do as well as what can be achieved by ground crews.

Blakeace, your idea with the mapable key to assign to a certain button on a HOTAS Stick is fully supported by me. It is really more comfortable to keep a key pressed down on a stick rather than switching from Stick to mouse to enable the actionmenu to become the function enabled/disabled again.

Only thing I´d like to ask is whether you plan to transform it into a scriptversion. It is way more an advatnage if this function is on clientside and not needed to take on the server. Additionally, may be you could adjust a little bit the values, cause the tail sometimes comes pretty much up and it seems that the fronwheels are constandly breakingt a little bit.

Generally it is an awesome thing that is long years awaited. Thanks for realizing this.

Only thing I´d like to ask is whether you plan to transform it into a scriptversion. It is way more an advatnage if this function is on clientside and not needed to take on the server. Additionally, may be you could adjust a little bit the values, cause the tail sometimes comes pretty much up and it seems that the fronwheels are constandly breakingt a little bit.

This is one that I probably will eventually look at making a script version. I won't do it just yet, one is time but also I want to get the thing into a stable state first.