Sign in to follow this  
blakeace

Blake's Carrier Ops

kinda feel stupid now, thanks though for reply blakeace and sweet mod man, all i have to do now is change all my controls

Update: Added an extended eventhandlers version to the first post.

You only need one version.

Module can be placed or not in missions.

EE version automatically works for all aircraft, it also works if you begin in an aircraft. Spawned aircraft also automatically have this functionality.

EE version requires extended eventhandlers from CBA.

EE Version

https://rapidshare.com/files/3138716015/Blakes_Carrier_Ops_EE_V0_1a.rar

Update:

A quick fix where I hadn't limited the getin handler to the player allowing the addon to possibly run multiple times

Module Version:

https://rapidshare.com/files/3428213746/Blakes_Carrier_Ops_v0_1_1a.rar

Extended Eventhandlers version:

https://rapidshare.com/files/539489973/Blakes_Carrier_Ops_EE_V0_2a.rar

First post updated.

any plans in the future to be able to spawn in an aircraft and not have to get in and out to activate this?

any plans in the future to be able to spawn in an aircraft and not have to get in and out to activate this?

The extended event handler version already does have this capability. At this stage I am not sure how I would implement this in the module version without making it dependent on CBA.

@Foxhound, as always thanks for hosting and speedy updates at your end :)

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to updated mirrors :

Carrier Ops (v 0.1.1alpha) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1808

Carrier Ops - EE version (v 0.2 alpha) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1834

Needed :

@CBAv0.7.10 (v build 167) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1814&game=1

Just wanted to say thank you for this great mod, its simply a 'must have'..

Thanks

I was waiting for this kind of mod for years!

Thank you Blake!

Just wanted to say thank you for this great mod, its simply a 'must have'..

Thanks

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

@Old Bear & Sickboy - thank you :)

I am hopefully going to find some time to add the ability to adjust the strength of the forces applied. This will hopefully give a little more flexibility with players differences in input peripherals.

Hey Blake,

I got some weired issues on this..

At first my question. is this nice and handy script basically ACE compatible?

All I get is a flashing screen while holding down the G-key. If I am nontheless trying to Taxi forward the Nose gets down and tail up as it does in ArmA.

I placed the Module on the map, but it does not take any effect on the behaviour of Helicopters or Aircrafts.

You got a solution on this already?

Memphis

At first my question. is this nice and handy script basically ACE compatible?

So far I personally haven't had any issues whenever I have tested with ACE. Works exactly the same as with vanilla(no mods excluding my own) Arma. Though I do most testing with vanilla(no mods excluding my own) Arma.

All I get is a flashing screen while holding down the G-key.

Have you checked your control settings. Think of it as the "gear" key. If you have reassigned how you access your gear dialog, then the key you press to activate the C-OP's functionality will be via that key.

If you have something else assigned to your "g" key then that will be what is possibly flashing on and off.

The module version also requires you to board the aircraft before becoming functional. If you start the mission in an aircraft you have to jump out and re-board to gain functionality. The extended eventhandlers version doesn't require you to jump out.

Check whether it is all aircraft, or just one/some. I am not that familiar which much of ACE's functionality if they have something assigned to the gear key press then that would be also activating. I have yet to find an aircraft with anything like this so far.

If I am nontheless trying to Taxi forward the Nose gets down and tail up as it does in ArmA.

That sounds like the functionality of the addon isn't being activated. As above check your key bindings. It is the "gear" key, and only the "g" key if you haven't reassigned "gear" to something else.

I placed the Module on the map, but it does not take any effect on the behaviour of Helicopters or Aircrafts.

If you are starting in an aircraft you need to get out and re-board to enable functionality if using the module version of the addon.

I hope this helps.

Blake

If I am nontheless trying to Taxi forward the Nose gets down and tail up as it does in ArmA.

I find if your heli engine is running then the nose will go down and tail up as if its trying to take off, just don’t have the engine running taxi first to position and then start up and take off..

Not sure if that is your problem, but thought I would mention it.

Mod runs perfect.. I also run it with Ace, with no problems..

Great Mod..

So far I personally haven't had any issues whenever I have tested with ACE. Works exactly the same as with vanilla(no mods excluding my own) Arma. Though I do most testing with vanilla(no mods excluding my own) Arma.

OK, I´ll gonna give it a shot without ACE

...Have you checked your control settings.......The module version also requires you to board the aircraft before becoming functional.

I haven´t changed the gear accessing key, so it´s still the g-key.

I read about the issue if the player spawns as Pilot in the helicopter, that he´d need to get out and get in again, cause of the getin eventhandler.

In my Mission the Pilots do spawn outside the helicopter and need to get in.

So actually I followed all your instructions, unfortunately it doesnt work.

I find if your heli engine is running then the nose will go down and tail up as if its trying to take off, just don’t have the engine running taxi first to position and then start up and take off..

Great Mod..

I start up the engines and once the ran on 100% I try to do as mentioned in the readme (W,S,X,C) and before that hit g key...expect the delay of a few seconds before functionality gets in..

But as I wrote above, no success...I´ll gonna try it out with Vanilla ArmA...if it is working so another Mod seems to be disturbing.

Edited by MemphisBelle

Great Mod..

Thankyou, I'm glad you like it.

To taxi with a helicopters engine on try to toggle the auto hover on, What I am doing is adding some extra forces to the aircraft when you use your input device. This is the reason why it is generally so sensitive in the helicopters. eg Pushing forward makes the aircraft nose forward by default, so I try and get my forces to push the aircraft forward to engage before the rolling forces are to strong.

I the latest versions I actually lowered the forces I was applying to the movement, as I found if you engaged auto hover whilst taxiing it really helped to keep the helicopter level. It restricts the turning a little, but I have mapped my auto hover on/off to one button so I can toggle it on and off as required when taxiing.

Just remeber to turn auto hover off before taking off :P Done that a few times of late!

I haven´t changed the gear accessing key, so it´s still the g-key.

I read about the issue if the player spawns as Pilot in the helicopter, that he´d need to get out and get in again, cause of the getin eventhandler.

In my Mission the Pilots do spawn outside the helicopter and need to get in.

So actually I followed all your instructions, unfortunately it doesnt work.

Do you have any other mods that may be conflicting? possibly try selectively turning them off, usless one stands out as using the gear key. That's about all I can offer I haven't been able to duplicate it, but I am only running ACE and my stuff, no other mods.

Hope that helps

Blake

Edited by blakeace

Do you have any other mods that may be conflicting? possibly try selectively turning them off, usless one stands out as using the gear key. That's about all I can offer I haven't been able to duplicate it, but I am only running ACE and my stuff, no other mods.

Hope that helps

Blake

This is what I was thinking about. So I deactivated everythings exept your Mod and CBA. I as well deactivated Beta...now it works, so now I can search for the ceratin Mod which is disturbing on some way..

I have to agree, your Mod provides a totally different feeling...nice work and great Mod.

EDIT:

One question is left... is this a clientside Mod, or does it have to be applied on a dedicated server to run for everybode on the server?

Edited by MemphisBelle

This is what I was thinking about. So I deactivated everythings exept your Mod and CBA. I as well deactivated Beta...now it works, so now I can search for the ceratin Mod which is disturbing on some way..

I have to agree, your Mod provides a totally different feeling...nice work and great Mod.

EDIT:

One question is left... is this a clientside Mod, or does it have to be applied on a dedicated server to run for everybode on the server?

I'm glad you are making progress, if or when you find the conflicting mod, could you please let me know, even if it is to just place a known issue notice for other players thanks.

It needs to be on the server.

I'm glad you are making progress, if or when you find the conflicting mod, could you please let me know, even if it is to just place a known issue notice for other players thanks.

It needs to be on the server.

Of course, as it sems it has a problem with Mando Missles. I deactivated it and it worked. I also have a bunch of Addons running

These ones below are the Mods I run and your addon can handled them pretty well:

+ ACE2

+ ACRE + Jaylib

+ BW_Mod (incl. AMT vehicles

+ yurapetrov´s SH-60

+ USEC CH-53

+ the Coastguard UH-60

+ KSK and Delta Mod

+ Instand view Distance

+ GLT_Missile_BOX (incl. ACE Hotfix)

+ The Palladin Artillery Addon

+ ArmA2OA beta

Do you plan to make it a script version?

Kremator, MMA uses "G" but MMA doesnt catch it in exclusivity, any other mod or script can read the keyboard without MMA interference (except for TAB key).

You can try including this in the init.sqf of any mission with MMA active, and you will see that all the keystrokes are catched.

_eh = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "hint format['%1',_this]"];

BTW, did test this module with MMA and works perfectly.

1 - The module initializes the function with GETIN EH, so, if you start the mission already in the plane it will not work. You will need to get out and get in again.

2 - G state is expected to be 1 all the time (pressed continuonsly), so you need to keep pressing it while maneouvering on ground with the other keys or joy.

Edited by Mandoble

BTW, did test this module with MMA and works perfectly.

1 - The module initializes the function with GETIN EH, so, if you start the mission already in the plane it will not work. You will need to get out and get in again.

2 - G state is expected to be 1 all the time (pressed continuonsly), so you need to keep pressing it while maneouvering on ground with the other keys or joy.

Hello Mandoble,

I know about the thing that one need to getin before it works. This haven´t been my problem. Everytime when I pressed G key so my screen split into two sections where the right one turned to grey and the left one turned to white. This happened as lon as I kept the G key pressed.

Once I havent loaded the Mando Missle Addon, it worked. But if your code example works so I´ll definately use it again.

Thanks for your support.

MemphisBelle, there is nothing in MMA turning left screen white and right one grey, not a single dialog or hud similar to that. In my test it ran flawless and with quite smooth movements.

Anyway Blakeace might try to change the way it is controlled, instead of checking for Gear state, add a displayEventHandler like in the example above just to toggle this function ON/OFF pressing "G" once, so that the pilot dont need to keep pressing any key all the time. When turned ON it might go OFF automatically if speed is exceeded or if the vehicle elevates above ground, etc.

I would add that if the vehicle is a plane, it should not be able to turn at all if the speed is close to 0, basically you need to keep advancing at least a bit all the time in order to be able to turn.