Sign in to follow this  
zach22213

ARMA VS. VBS2 Mission Editor

I am proficient in creating scenarios using VBS2 but fairly new to ARMA. The main thing I am wondering is in the mission editor in ARMA, can you not go into 3d view while placing object in the mission editor like you can in VBS2? What are the main differences between the two games? what are the restrictions of each?

Thanks In Advance

Im looking to do the opposite in ARMA. A mission editor more like VBS2 I really just want to be able to pan around while placing objects in a 3d view in ARMA like you can in VBS2.

There is a 3D editor but I have never found it to be the best. I just stick to the 2D one which, according to ST_Dux, is apparently the "Old Editor" in VBS2.

How do you get to the 3d editor though? I see no tabs or anything to switch. when i right click nothing happens.

Since you have found the info how to use a 3D editor as you wanted to know its time to lock.

You can post in the VBS2 thread if you want to discuss VBS2 and its features and to compare it to Arma 2. Any discussion of VBS2 outside of the VBS2 thread is not allowed.