Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

You can use the RC patch just fine on Steam, just need to disable auto-repair of game-data afaik. (But opinions seem to differ from time to time on this subject :-P)

Otherwise the Beta patches work just fine with Steam and do not modify your game, no need to go RC if you prefer not to yet.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php - It's easy available on Six Updater as expansion/beta

Edited by Sickboy

We pretty much know what we're doing, we don't need you to do the thinking for us or tell us how to conduct our business, thank you very much.

LOL Well, there's always room for debate on that point, and apparently reading comprehension isn't one of your strongest suits. At no point did I suggest how you go about anything, nor did I offer any solutions- if anything I thanked you and complimented you for your attention to detail and effort. I agreed with AD's observation and merely questioned the logic of developing and releasing on a regular schedule elements that may or may not mesh with what BIS is doing at any given time, especially when it requires unfinished or potentially broken patch RCs.

This discussion is also taking place in the ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE forum. I don't consider something that is in essence a beta version of ACE coupled with a beta version of a 1.60 patch "complete".

This was the intention of what I was saying, not to argue with you or tell you how to do stuff. I use your mod, I like some of it, some I can't care less about and I'm certainly not going to suggest how to go about it. I have enough issues with my own personal addons rather than to go toe to toe with you over this, and it's silly to argue over a game anyway.

Anyway, moving on, thanks again for the hard work and I look forward to what you're going to be able to do with the new patch.

Edited by WyndonP

Still going on about the 1.60 requirement of our ongoing development / RC eh?

We have been testing and recommending the v1.60 betas (even while they were still versioned 1.59) since they came out.

Actually I can hardly believe anyone wants to play with 1.59 when they can play with all the fixes and enhancements 1.60 brings.

It's the most important patch since the dawn of ARMA if you ask me, incl due to the massive MP fixes.

Testing it early only benefits you and everyone else, ensuring we have a solid 1.60 patch, something we all want to play with.

Installing a Beta patch does not modify your actual installation, and it's a couple of MB and available on the Six Updater network right next to ACE and the 250+ other mods on there.

The RC patch can also be used, but does modify your game to v1.60. But you can actually then run an older 1.59 beta to join 1.59 servers!

If you want to play with the latest version, you'll need either of those or wait until the very close to release 1.60 patch.

Like I wrote before, if you run a server which isn't allowed to run betas/rc's etc, then that is your choice and your problem, and there are countless ways to tackle this problem, don't put that on us.

Otherwise use any of the other 100 released versions out there. e.g Setup a custom repo with the older ACE build is peanuts with the new and enhanced Repo manager in Six Updater v2.8: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

it's up to you.

Lastly we have also explained that our choice is also motivated by the fact that ACE 1.13 is the last version for ARMA 2 OA: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_future_plans_and_ARMA_3

We pretty much know what we're doing, we don't need you to do the thinking for us or tell us how to conduct our business, thank you very much.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Improved chute open time and reduced knock out chance when opening the chute: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27078#note-8

Please confirm asap, as we are close to the Stable release.

G-forces effects in planes is unrelated to knock out caused by opening chute.

If there are issues with those effects, please create a new ticket with exact details, and preferably a repro mission.

Sickyboy I just want to say a huge THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Have been testing this all morning and I can confirm that you guys have fixed the issue!. Black out no longer, you get a little tunnel vision when you initially jump, no problem. The chute opening time is just right! Its like it simulating the wave off and the actual pull. I cant thank you guys enough!

From all of us at TFB, we can all say a big thanks goes out to you and your team for the super quick service. I think from the time the ticket was made to the time you had a pbo for us to test was maybe 12 hours! WOW talk about service! I've included a little video with my findings. Thanks again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htFmId1gJeI

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Improved chute open time and reduced knock out chance when opening the chute: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27078#note-8

Please confirm asap, as we are close to the Stable release.

G-forces effects in planes is unrelated to knock out caused by opening chute.

If there are issues with those effects, please create a new ticket with exact details, and preferably a repro mission.

Hopefully this isnt a double post, I tried posting this earlier but I dont think it went through. Just want to say from all of us at TFB a HUGE THANK YOU! I have been testing this all morning and you got it spot on! Small blackout when you jump out of the a/c. And the timings are perfect IMHO. Much faster indeed. Simulates the wave off and the actual pull of the cord. Talk about super fast service! I think from the time we made the ticket to the time you gave us a hotfix to test was a whole 12 hours, if that? Thank you again from all of us at TFB, we will throughly enjoy this fix and look forward to it being included in the next update. Ive included a little clip of the findings I have in the same situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htFmId1gJeI

This discussion is also taking place in the ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE forum. I don't consider something that is in essence a beta version of ACE coupled with a beta version of a 1.60 patch "complete".

Read the forum rules?

Also the is the thread for stable ACE 1.12. ;) Yes we talk about the current pre-release versions available, but still the thread is for the current stable version, so its the complete version. :)

@WyndonP:

Apologies for misinterpretation, little on edge especially re the 1.60 I suppose :)

Thanks for clearing that up.

No worries in any case, the 1.60 situation should settle before x-mas, incl new thread once 1.13 stable is released,

and then we'll be having a break as announced.

In the meantime there's several options to play the latest or previous ACE versions.

LOL Well, there's always room for debate on that point, and apparently reading comprehension isn't one of your strongest suits

And etiquette clearing isn't one of your strong points either.

So if you don't like it, move on because trying to hit a moving target is a welcome advance over waiting 9 months for it to stop.

Correct me if wrong but if you have the Steam version of the game you don't get a RC patch?

This is why we have never used RC patches and have stuck to using latest stable versions of ACE because our group is 50% Steam users.

The latest RC works fine with a Steam install. Two things you need to do first though....

1. In Steam disable auto-update of Arma2, OA, BAF and PMC.

2. In the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder rename the DLCSetup folder to something like DLCSetup.old otherwise Steam will revert your BAF and PMC dlc to the vanilla verisons when you run it after applying the patch.

Once you have done this, the latest RC Patch will install and run fine.

Beta's run with the Steam versions without the need to do anything other than modify your startup parameters as with a non Steam version.

Sickboy i got a question

Do i have to put this into the init.sqf in my mission ?

ace_wounds_rcode1 = "handle = [] execVM 'somescript.sqf'";

After the player dies, i want a script to be executed, so i put the name of the script on that 'somescript.sqf' placeholder right? I have the init.sqf in my missions folder, the script that should be executed is in a subfolder of the missionsfolder. How do i have to write down the path to it ? like this :

ace_wounds_rcode1 = "handle = [] execVM '[b]missionfolder\subfolder\script.sqf[/b]'";

Thx for any help

Rudy

@Fruity_Rudy

If I recall correctly it's something like

\subfolder\script.sqf

to call the script since it'd already know to look in the missions main folder.

But any experts XD Please happily correct me if I'm wrong hehe

Thanks for the kind words Shabo!

If there are any other issues, you know where to find us :)

The fix is already deployed on Six Updater Network since yesterday, just rub Verify and Repair to get it.

It will also be included in 1.13 Stable release coming soon, which is the last planned version for ARMA 2 OA.

Does "ace_sys_wounds_auto_assist = false" also affect medics? Because even with false they seem to run off to heal squadmembers on their own and it's wrong.

No, auto assist is for non-medics.

If something's wrong, post a ticket to the bugtracker.

@Fruity_Rudy

If I recall correctly it's something like

\subfolder\script.sqf

to call the script since it'd already know to look in the missions main folder.

But any experts XD Please happily correct me if I'm wrong hehe

But it has to be in init.sqf right ?

Today I decided to embrace A.C.E. I had decided it was about time to try it out. So far I must say I am absolutely loving it. The only problem I have run into however is that on a warfare map I find that my action menu and all interactions are severely delayed. Like, I will open up my construction menu and have to wait a full 10 seconds before I get the interface and then even trying to place an object takes another 10 seconds. As the match goes on, these become even more delayed. Same thing if I am trying to purchase guns or units.

All other performance is fine. Frame rate sits at a steady 40fps, and everything appears to be running nice and smooth. Any idea what might be causing this? Is it a common problem?

Just to give some information as you may need it. I'm playing Combined Operations along with both DLCs. For the sake of troubleshooting I have turned off all other mods to see if it was a problem with them and the problem persists. I'm running Windows 7-64bit, and my system specs are as follows.

System Specs:

Dell XPS 15 L502x w/ Sandy Bridge

Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.00GHz with 2.90GHz Turbo Boost

6GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia Geforce GT 540m 2GB

500GB 7200RPM SATA HDD

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to be able to use this mod.

Sickboy i got a question

Do i have to put this into the init.sqf in my mission ?

ace_wounds_rcode1 = "handle = [] execVM 'somescript.sqf'";

After the player dies, i want a script to be executed, so i put the name of the script on that 'somescript.sqf' placeholder right? I have the init.sqf in my missions folder, the script that should be executed is in a subfolder of the missionsfolder. How do i have to write down the path to it ? like this :

ace_wounds_rcode1 = "handle = [] execVM '[b]missionfolder\subfolder\script.sqf[/b]'";

Thx for any help

Rudy

This is how I'd do it:

in init.sqf:

somecode = compile preprocessfile "missionsubfolder\somescript.sqf";

in any other script:

ace_wounds_rcode1 = "[] call somecode";

This is how I'd do it:

in init.sqf:

somecode = compile preprocessfile "missionsubfolder\somescript.sqf";

in any other script:

ace_wounds_rcode1 = "[] call somecode";

i've sent you a pm, i really don't know what you mean. I took the code from the ACE2 Wiki, i don't understand your code-syntax

Disregard my previous post. Issue was not related to A.C.E. Everything is working beautifully now. Thanks for the killer mod!

Disregard my previous post. Issue was not related to A.C.E. Everything is working beautifully now. Thanks for the killer mod!

Glad to hear, enjoy!

The light switching for example on G36GL is really nice(alt+L). When i start my mission it works fine, but i think , when i died and after respawn it's broken somehow. Do i have to add code or something like that?

The light switching for example on G36GL is really nice(alt+L). When i start my mission it works fine, but i think , when i died and after respawn it's broken somehow. Do i have to add code or something like that?

No, it should work just fine after respawn. See if it happens with just some weapon (try with M4 for example) and if it's not specific to the mission you're trying (some script might be breaking it).

I'm having serious difficulties installing and playing this mod. I had a very old version of ace 2 that i played for a long time. Recently i tried to enter my name into the userconfig so i could actually get ace to work properly (like earplugs) i ended up fucking that up somehow where it wouldn't work because i overwrote some files in the userconfig. ANyways i decided to just update ace to a new version, thinking that would fix it.I deleted the old ace content and installed it using sixupdater. i then installed the beta patch from armaholic. Now when i go to play the game the ace content is not working. ive been trying to play for a week. reinstalled, and isntalled ace again multiple times with sixupdater. when i try to launch the game it says "need ace anims version 1.6" or something. very frustrating because it appears like there is fully updated ace content in my operation arrowhead folder. what the fuck am i doing wrong? Please any help would be greatly appreciated. :(