Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

Run Verify and Repair in Six Updater.

Make sure you have v1.60 build, either RC3 or a 1.60 Beta.

If still issues, create a ticket with the actual log file (RPT): http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

just reporting some vague messages you can remember is insufficient to help you.

I ran verify and repair before the reinstall, issues still occur.

My post was to get some feedback as to whether anyone else was experiencing similar issues, that way I would know if this was a problem with my install or if they were actual bugs.

As you may know, indiscriminately writing bug reports without first researching the issue is a very dangerous way to run a QA database.

Whether you intended to or not, you did actually help me.

I do not have version 1.60 yet because it is only in release candidate status.

I assumed that content would not have been developed against a game version that is not stable yet.

Thanks for your help.

-AD

I'm new to ACE-mission-editing. The AE-ammo section, the magic box, does that box include all ace Stuff, like HK weapons, the g36 with GL, things like that, or do i have to use all of the other boxes too? Thx for help

I'm new to ACE-mission-editing. The AE-ammo section, the magic box, does that box include all ace Stuff, like HK weapons, the g36 with GL, things like that, or do i have to use all of the other boxes too? Thx for help

I do not know for sure but I think the "Magic Box" is filled with random ACE items every time it is loaded into a mission, so your best bet is to use the other weapon boxes to find everything that you need.

-AD

I do not know for sure but I think the "Magic Box" is filled with random ACE items every time it is loaded into a mission, so your best bet is to use the other weapon boxes to find everything that you need.

-AD

Thx a lot mate, meanwhile i found this : http://13th-vdv.co.uk/dowaf/weapon.php so i think i'm going to create my own custom ammobox with ace stuff :) , but thanks anyways

I ran verify and repair before the reinstall, issues still occur.

My post was to get some feedback as to whether anyone else was experiencing similar issues, that way I would know if this was a problem with my install or if they were actual bugs.

As you may know, indiscriminately writing bug reports without first researching the issue is a very dangerous way to run a QA database.

Whether you intended to or not, you did actually help me.

I assumed that content would not have been developed against a game version that is not stable yet.

Thanks for your help.

-AD

NP. Interesting part is that the game warns you at startup that 1.60 is required.

You can use any of the Betas, they dont modify your installation.

IMO creating a ticket with details is infinitely more useful than creating a post without details.

The important part here is "details", so creating a post and uploading your RPT somewhere is also more useful than reporting vague memories of some messages :)

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

-AD

The MagicBox is not randomly filled. The MagicBox is filled with the weapons/magazines for your Faction, and are by default limited to the type of weapons you spawned with (AT for AT guys, MG for MG guys, Sniper rifles for Snipers).

The content is specific for each player.

You can change the behavior, e.g to have ALL weapons/magazines in there; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Weapons_System

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Wow, good find there!!

Much luck to you. :)

-AD

There's also a (mostly static, apart from mod (+version), type and faction filtering) generator at http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/generator

Edited by Sickboy

The important part here is "details", so creating a post and uploading your RPT somewhere is also more useful than reporting vague memories of some messages :)

We seem to have different perceptions of what "reporting" means.

In my opinion..

Entering a bug report = reporting an issue, committing a developers time to the issue.

Posting on a public forum = researching an issue/gathering information.

The actual bug report would be where I would include every detail that I could possibly enter.

Just so you know, I do realize how valuable your time and any developers time is so I do not want to waste it with anything that I am not 100% sure is in fact, a bug.

Trust me, I know.

Thanks again for your help, I didn't mean for this to take up any development time, I was just gathering information.

If you are using this forum for bug reporting, I apologize and will do my research elsewhere.

Thanks again for your help, and all of the effort that you put into ACE.

-AD

NP mate, thanks for your efforts in this regard too.

Officially we use the bug tracker only and do not handle bug reports in here, but when we come across them we sometimes pick them up anyway.

The point I was trying to make is that even for research, if you post your RPT directly, other people or us devs have a much better picture of what is going on.

Probably able to answer you immediately, and say, THAT's the problem.

So it saves everyone involved a lot of time. Instead of talking about what might be, we can talk about what is :P

thx sickboy for explanation, i see now. Can you link me to an overview of all the ace keybindings for ingame controls? I'd like to print it and put it on my wall :)

Is it possible to stop wounding system from giving each soldier 10 medkits etc at the mission start?

Is it possible to stop wounding system from giving each soldier 10 medkits etc at the mission start?

Yes it's possible. That only happens for medics with rucks by the way.

Or all players / units in case such options are configured ("Everyone Medic" etc) :)

The ACE G-force effect is way to sensitive; when you're HALO jumping in real life, you don't black out. (If you did, Skydiving would be a lot less popular and a lot more dangerous.) Not to mention the rip-cord takes too long to open. It should take two to three seconds at most, not a solid 10.

ZO5d0_spJLw

We actually had one of the guys, the one who shouted "Murrka!", blackout and die because he was not able to pull his chute. I was flying well below the aircraft's stall speed, 180-190kph nose up ~10-15 degrees, full flaps, to maintain altitude.

Take these videos for example, the chutes all open in 3 seconds, no more.

If you tried any of this in ACE, you'd pancake even if you pulled the moment you jumped.

:)

DevHeaven Ticket:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27078

-AD

:yay:

Exactly.

tried latest ACE+RC3 all works good - but also these black outs while turning in SU34 so annoying never happens in real life in same situations.

You realize the latest ACE stable release is 1.12 right ? Which does not require 1.60. So you think it's not ok to have ACE 1.13 RC requiring OA 1.60 RC ...

Stable content is developed against stable game versions. Pre-stable content is... not.

You realize the latest ACE stable release is 1.12 right ? Which does not require 1.60. So you think it's not ok to have ACE 1.13 RC requiring OA 1.60 RC ...

Hey, no offense intended- you guys want to chase your tails with trying to anticipate what the RCs are going to break in your mod with each release, go right ahead. I just find the logic a little off personally. Maybe you enjoy doing repetitive work at those times. I have no idea.

That said, I appreciate much of what the ACE team has brought to the table and thank you guys for your hard work. At least it's not me that has to worry about BIS boning up something that worked fine in previous ACE updates each time they let out a RC, something which may have taken weeks refining. There's something of a historical precedence in one thing or the other getting broken with each additional patch and I can't say I envy trying to track the sources down.

With that, I bow out. Thanks, ACE team, for at least having the balls to try something unique and revolutionary to the game.

At least it's not me that has to worry about BIS boning up something that worked fine in previous ACE updates each time they let out a RC

Because the whole point of releasing patches, especially would-be stable patches, is to break things.

But hey you are right - ACE team should've just ignored 9 months of game improvements in their own RC which can (and did) bone something that worked fine in vanilla.

Edited by metalcraze

Still going on about the 1.60 requirement of our ongoing development / RC eh?

We have been testing and recommending the v1.60 betas (even while they were still versioned 1.59) since they came out.

Actually I can hardly believe anyone wants to play with 1.59 when they can play with all the fixes and enhancements 1.60 brings.

It's the most important patch since the dawn of ARMA if you ask me, incl due to the massive MP fixes.

Testing it early only benefits you and everyone else, ensuring we have a solid 1.60 patch, something we all want to play with.

Installing a Beta patch does not modify your actual installation, and it's a couple of MB and available on the Six Updater network right next to ACE and the 250+ other mods on there.

The RC patch can also be used, but does modify your game to v1.60. But you can actually then run an older 1.59 beta to join 1.59 servers!

If you want to play with the latest version, you'll need either of those or wait until the very close to release 1.60 patch.

Like I wrote before, if you run a server which isn't allowed to run betas/rc's etc, then that is your choice and your problem, and there are countless ways to tackle this problem, don't put that on us.

Otherwise use any of the other 100 released versions out there. e.g Setup a custom repo with the older ACE build is peanuts with the new and enhanced Repo manager in Six Updater v2.8: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

it's up to you.

Lastly we have also explained that our choice is also motivated by the fact that ACE 1.13 is the last version for ARMA 2 OA: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_future_plans_and_ARMA_3

you guys want to chase your tails with trying to anticipate what the RCs are going to break in your mod with each release, go right ahead. I just find the logic a little off personally. Maybe you enjoy doing repetitive work at those times. I have no idea.
We pretty much know what we're doing, we don't need you to do the thinking for us or tell us how to conduct our business, thank you very much.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

The ACE G-force effect is way to sensitive; when you're HALO jumping in real life, you don't black out. (If you did, Skydiving would be a lot less popular and a lot more dangerous.) Not to mention the rip-cord takes too long to open. It should take two to three seconds at most, not a solid 10.

We actually had one of the guys, the one who shouted "Murrka!", blackout and die because he was not able to pull his chute. I was flying well below the aircraft's stall speed, 180-190kph nose up ~10-15 degrees, full flaps, to maintain altitude.

DevHeaven Ticket:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27078

Improved chute open time and reduced knock out chance when opening the chute: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27078#note-8

Please confirm asap, as we are close to the Stable release.

G-forces effects in planes is unrelated to knock out caused by opening chute.

If there are issues with those effects, please create a new ticket with exact details, and preferably a repro mission.

Edited by Sickboy

also strange thing.When play on server warfare map chux I tried to use INVAR rocket t90 and rocket is not working.when I try editor - rocket follow target mark as normal - but it not make any damage to m1a1.6 rockets only damage truck - but according documents in internet 1 rocket should at least disable tank.

But when I tried 1 rocket - 1 crew was dead, 1 at least heavy injured and 3rd run away and all parts of m1a1 was fine not even yellow.

Logically should be opposite crew should survive better than m1a1 as it main concept of m1a1.

Edited by kotov12345

also strange thing.When play on server warfare map chux I tried to use INVAR rocket t90 and rocket is not working.when I try editor - rocket follow target mark as normal - but it not make any damage to m1a1.6 rockets only damage truck - but according documents in internet 1 rocket should at least disable tank.

But when I tried 1 rocket - 1 crew was dead, 1 at least heavy injured and 3rd run away and all parts of m1a1 was fine not even yellow.

Logically should be opposite crew should survive better than m1a1 as it main concept of m1a1.

Use the ACE Wounds module for improved crew behavior. Penetrators afaik are intended to take out crew.

Authentic simulation is not always possible due to Engine limitations or issues with the models (no MLODS to fix them either).

See: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Vehicle_Damage_System

Report bugs with details and repro mission at our issue tracker: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Include 'documents from the internet' as proof too.

Edited by Sickboy

Correct me if wrong but if you have the Steam version of the game you don't get a RC patch?

This is why we have never used RC patches and have stuck to using latest stable versions of ACE because our group is 50% Steam users.