Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

The loadmaster should be a position seperate from the pilot, usually the crew chief.

So car drivers can't use it? I was watching an ACE pvp video where the driver of a humvee had a side-view mirror sort of camera view.

If you're experiencing issues, plz create a ticket with repro steps, rpt files and other details; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

thats funny because when I use your link I go there -> http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues but I dont see any button where you can post a bug when I go to this link there is no button for posting anything, only for searching a bug or something else...

AND NO your FAQ for CTI dont help me to create a ticket

And the next thing is I dont get a damn RPT when I press the Interaction Key when I sit in front of a bomb/mine that I deploy with self interaction/key so what can I post to your Issue Tracker ? A screenshot with nothing happens and a empty RPT, ha ok I do that but I cant do it without any button.

ACE does indeed simulate tandem warheads against reactive armour.

The PG-7VR has quite a bit more penetration than the PG-7VL, though, in addition to ignoring reactive armour.

That's good to know, thanks :thumbsup:

Just tried playing with latest beta patch and ACE, playing with maximum AI difficulty, and while their weapons weren't overly accurate, once we got near a village 2 of us got sniped by an extremely accurate grenade. Not sure if it was a hand grenade or a GL grenade, but my guess is hand grenade. Any idea wtf is going on?

Happened 2 times in a row (first grenade hit me dead on, second grenade hit my buddy dead on). Haven't played much more in areas where this has the potential to happen though.

If you occupied the same position, then there is no evidence of anything strange. If a human guessed the range correctly once, they would also be accurate on the second shot.

Now, to the Utes runway! For science!

Or not, actually, my fan just broke.

I've got to say that I'm having a very difficult time finding ACE servers to play on, or any server with a certain set of addons/mods. I've tried using the SixUpdater to join servers but it is very difficult to figure out, are there any other options?

Download the last stable version of ACE, rather than the current dev build.

Just tried playing with latest beta patch and ACE, playing with maximum AI difficulty, and while their weapons weren't overly accurate, once we got near a village 2 of us got sniped by an extremely accurate grenade. Not sure if it was a hand grenade or a GL grenade, but my guess is hand grenade. Any idea wtf is going on?

Last change in ACE related to this was about a month ago, and actually to decrease AI's precision with thrown grenades. But at max difficulty/skill they should be just like in vanilla. The AI became much more effective with hand grenades I believe after one of the betas post 1.59 (made me go change them to be less accurate in ASR_AI as a result).

With grenade launchers, different story, the AI is completely useless with them in vanilla, while in ACE they just work. No crazy accuracy changes there either, the dispersion coefficient is actually a lot higher than vanilla (less skilled units are a lot less accurate).

Edited by Robalo

Download the last stable version of ACE, rather than the current dev build.

I think I have the latest stable version. The problem is the whole SixUpdater interface isn't very noob-friendly.

I think I have the latest stable version. The problem is the whole SixUpdater interface isn't very noob-friendly.

Just look for the button that says Install or Update, press it and wait.

Does anyone know if there is a way to put glowing chemlights on the ground from the editor?

I've had a good search, but cant see anything obvious...

It seems new way to use javelin is:

1) Select Javelin

2) Press reload

3) Press (NUMPAD+)

4) Press N (darker screen). Day mode doesn't work at all. Why?

5) Now it locks and you can fire

But how can I switch firing mode? Top/Down to direct, etc. Nothing seems to be working.

Like I said, we just started using the betas, so that might be it. We weren't standing at the same spot, obviously, or the first grenade would have killed us both.

btw, is there any intention for ACE to actually nerf grenade throw range to more realistic values or is it impossible to do properly? Currently the Arma dude would put Olympic throwers to shame :)

It seems new way to use javelin is:

1) Select Javelin

2) Press reload

3) Press (NUMPAD+)

4) Press N (darker screen). Day mode doesn't work at all. Why?

5) Now it locks and you can fire

But how can I switch firing mode? Top/Down to direct, etc. Nothing seems to be working.

Tab should be what you search for. You can change it in ACE key settings.

IRL you can lock on targets with Javelin only in Thermal Imaging mode, for many reasons - avoiding erratic IR signature lock on is one of those I can think of.

Tab should be what you search for. You can change it in ACE key settings.

I tried. No luck. Will double check today.

Had to reassign it to 'HOME' as 'TAB' is my Radio 1 ('SPACE' Radio 2, '~' TALK).

This is a pretty good explanation of how the Javelin is employed:

As you can see, the reason you can't lock on in day mode is, that while the CLU has an independent thermal viewer and daylight camera, you lock on using the missile's IR seeker directly.

Like I said, we just started using the betas, so that might be it. We weren't standing at the same spot, obviously, or the first grenade would have killed us both.

btw, is there any intention for ACE to actually nerf grenade throw range to more realistic values or is it impossible to do properly? Currently the Arma dude would put Olympic throwers to shame :)

Anything's possible. Put it in a ticket as always.

Hi ACE team.

Sorry to ask this but

I assume its still impossible to have lasers and flash light working on the same gun?.

Reason I ask is becasue it was at one point impossible to have wind and debris syncronised and then all of a sudden the ACE team worked some magic and got it all working again.

Is it really impossible with the current BIS engine?.

Thanks

P.S

Would it all so be possible to get lasers that are vissible eg just a red dot but with out the need to use night vision?.

As a lot of guns do use lasers even in daytime use and are visible as a red dot.

This would be awseome as if you could we can make it so we could zero the laser say to be on the cross hair at 500m and then when you get closer to your target the laser obviusly moves position and you can use it as a basic range finder.

I have this set up on me air rifle.

Flashlights and lasers are already available on most M4 models since ACE 1.10. Switch between them with ALT + L (can be changed in ACE Settings).

If you mean having them on at the same time, it's doable, but too complicated for both the user and the developer to make it worth implementing IMO.

He means having the visible red dot laser.

But I don't think it's doable. Not because it's impossible but because here comes the issue of AI not reacting to it.

Flashlights and lasers are already available on most M4 models since ACE 1.10. Switch between them with ALT + L (can be changed in ACE Settings).

If you mean having them on at the same time, it's doable, but too complicated for both the user and the developer to make it worth implementing IMO.

Holy shit (sorry got excited) so we now have fully functioning flash light and laser on the same gun all be it not at the same time.

Wow this is great news.

And nope I was not talking about them both being on at the same time I did just mean both working one or the other.

P.S

Any thoughts on my idea about viable laser dot in daytime this would really be cool. and even more so if we could adjust it up or down at a given distance to zero the laser on the cross hair then we could use it a a basic range finder.

Thanks ACE team.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

He means having the visible red dot laser.

But I don't think it's doable. Not because it's impossible but because here comes the issue of AI not reacting to it.

Why would it be an issue? ok AI may not be able to react to it but is that a big deal?.

Picture this

A visable red dot on the target you are looking through your scope 500m away and the red dot is just below the cross hair.

You adjust the dot so it sits perfectly on the cross hair.

Now when you get closer the red dot will move so what you then do is check how far away you are and hey presto at 300m you know the red dot should be there and you could check other distances to.

In real life you need a reasonably high mount for the laser to sit on to create triangulation.