Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

Just copy paste this: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA into Start -> Search field.

Or directly in the Windows Explorer URL bar. No need to unhide hidden/system folders etc ;)

Thanks for the hand holding guys. That did it. Sorry to hijack the thread for this.

Back to ACE awesomeness!

Shouldn't the Abrams be resistant to all shoulder-fired rockets except for the javelin unless these other rockets hit it in the engine or tracks? Or am I wrong?

Depends on the kind of shoulder fired rocket. The PG-7v isn't going to do much; a PG-7vr, on the other hand, will do a lot of damage. The Metis and RPG-29 are no slouches either.

The current system is good. If you line up 20 guys with RPGs in front of an Abrams, maybe the third volley will finally roll the dice lucky and kill crewmen. But if you tried to penetrate it from the front as a player with light AT, it's useless.

Kh-29Ls do a number on M1s too. :p

VxbYTmDWch8

Looks fun but I accidentally eject often enough as it is.

I have an feature request: Whats abaut Energy Sneaks to increase the stamina for some time :D

I really like the idea of having snickers or Mars (Or any other kind of energy sneak) in ACE :D

If you eat to much of it, you get fat and cannot move any longer.

Edited by Clawhammer

Shouldn't the Abrams be resistant to all shoulder-fired rockets except for the javelin unless these other rockets hit it in the engine or tracks? Or am I wrong?

The sides and back can be easily penetrated by any kind of bigger or tandem warheads. Probably only the plain PG-7 rocket is too weak to do so.

@Clawhammer: Du meine Guete.

It's not sneak... it's snack. But what you mean is an energy bar. ;-)

Edited by King Homer

Could have sworn I saw something like a Stamina panic hotkey - could make for a tasty choco-snack :p

Depends on the kind of shoulder fired rocket. The PG-7v isn't going to do much; a PG-7vr, on the other hand, will do a lot of damage. The Metis and RPG-29 are no slouches either.

You do realize the VR is basically a tandem warhead, not useful against the composite armor of the M1A1/2 right? It's meant to be used against reactive armor, present on most other armored vehicles. Metis is a different class, of course, with much better penetration. Not sure about the pg-29 but I think it's better penetration too (but not as good as the metis). Then again, against non-reactive, isn't the pg-7vr more like a pg-7vl?

Overall with RPG-7, realistically you would want to use pg-7vl, and only use pg-7vr against vehicles with reactive armor. Not sure if ACE actually simulates the tandem effect and reactive armors, though. Vanilla definitely just gives the pg-7vr quite a bit more damage than the pg-7vl.

Edited by galzohar

ACE does indeed simulate tandem warheads against reactive armour.

The PG-7VR has quite a bit more penetration than the PG-7VL, though, in addition to ignoring reactive armour.

Any response from the ACE devs on this. I posted it some pages back.

Somehow ACE is interfering with Blastcore. With ACE enabled, there are no explosions, debris, or smoke of any kind. With it off, BC functions just fine.

@ Devs

I'd like to do a new ACE video, you know, one like I did last year that got you guys a bit of attention and is even posted on your site. But I can't do that until this is resolved.

rduOhH22bkQ

Looks fun but I accidentally eject often enough as it is.

You can laze with spacebar now, giving you a chance to actually hit your target. I became rather devastating with those things before I started playing Lock On and forgot how to fly ArmA's fixed-wing fakemobiles.

The ACE people have several times stated that they are busy enough as it is, there is no way they can be responsible for ensuring that ACE is compatible with all the thousands of other mods out there. You will probably have better luck trying to get the Blastcore people to make their mod ACE compatible.

The ACE people have several times stated that they are busy enough as it is, there is no way they can be responsible for ensuring that ACE is compatible with all the thousands of other mods out there. You will probably have better luck trying to get the Blastcore people to make their mod ACE compatible.

I thought it was... seeing as how it's on the Six Updater.

I thought it was... seeing as how it's on the Six Updater.

Six updater is a community tool, not just for ACE.

@ Devs

I'd like to do a new ACE video, you know, one like I did last year that got you guys a bit of attention and is even posted on your site. But I can't do that until this is resolved.

I see in the description

Promotional video I made for ACE II. Disclaimer - The video does include addons that are not as of yet, part of the ACE II modification.

at 0:38-0:40 I see what looks like a new (presumable Apache) HUD with position tracking. should i prepare myself for this addition to ACE?

because this video raised my blood pressure a little.

Great work DevilDog!

oh and i played around with the Kh-29s a little and found them really fun to use, I love how the ACE team adds depth to every imaginable role.

I've been on a 4 month ArmA 2 break and return to Javelins never locking on anything anymore - Did I miss something, is there an extra step in getting them to lock on? Can just be looking straight at tanks through the CLU and there's no sound, no nothing and after looking at them for a minute straight, I try to fire the missile, it just goes straight up and away.

Did ACE change the material config of the M1A1? If you hit it with a bullet, the FX and sounds are that of dirt. The M1A2 reacts like metal, as expected.

I've been on a 4 month ArmA 2 break and return to Javelins never locking on anything anymore - Did I miss something, is there an extra step in getting them to lock on? Can just be looking straight at tanks through the CLU and there's no sound, no nothing and after looking at them for a minute straight, I try to fire the missile, it just goes straight up and away.

You need to be zoomed in all the way, in thermal mode.

You need to be zoomed in all the way, in thermal mode.

Ohh, it was the thermal I was missing - Thanks!

Somehow ACE is interfering with Blastcore. With ACE enabled, there are no explosions, debris, or smoke of any kind. With it off, BC functions just fine.

Done on purpose as WarFX/Blastcore uses some obsolete stuff from ArmA 2 which may cause problems (JIP issues for example).

Xeno

An AI Hokum just told me to engage a rabbit. :p

Was it a conscious choice to not allow the T-72 to use its main gun against choppers? Is the FCS good enough?

And another question, I read the Loadmaster (Lademeister) documentation, and it says that you press W to enter the special viewpoint. But, like the entire rest of the human race, have the W key bound to Driver Forward, so how do you use it really?

Edited by maturin

An AI Hokum just told me to engage a rabbit. :p

Was it a conscious choice to not allow the T-72 to use its main gun against choppers? Is the FCS good enough?

And another question, I read the Loadmaster (Lademeister) documentation, and it says that you press W to enter the special viewpoint. But, like the entire rest of the human race, have the W key bound to Driver Forward, so how do you use it really?

The loadmaster should be a position seperate from the pilot, usually the crew chief.