Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

Hi everyone!

I've got a question about ACE... Is it possible to just to just take some weapons and use them with arma2OA?

I just like the HK416 & M4 pack and I would like to run with the "normal" game... I know most of them are based on RH's HK416 pack, but I particularly like the HK-416 TWS...

No, not unless we made them so. Our configs are pretty interwoven and rely on many other pbos. We do this for the sake of easy development and expansion and just cutting out a tiny bit to be standalone would be a lot of work.

Sorry.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there a possibility of the ACE Wounds system to be expanded to include IV, splints and plasma? I'm not sure how it all actually works IRL, and I'm also sure that it's been put on hold because it was overly complicated to code (or buggy), however can we expect something like this in the future? Or am I uninformed, and some update or mod has been released to tackle this problem?

EDIT: Also, lol first post.

Edited by kmo

looks like I will never know how it is, to play with the ace :mad: I hate this PC

Edited by Serpentras

looks like will never know how it is to play with the ace :mad: I hate this PC

Maybe somebody else with a german configurated keyboard can chime in.

It seems like splints to heal leg damage would be easy enough.

I think this would be only good if included with a module to turn it on

With the Interaction I can assign a new key but when I press it , it never run.
The key only does something when you are pointing at an object that can be interacted with.

What is the Warfare game already bundled with ACE? I've been DYING to play Warfare with Ace, and I cannot find it. I've tried Benny's ACE modified warfare, but it's bugged. Help?

The one that comes with ACE is Joehunk's edit I think. I've played it on numerous occasions and it has worked fine for me and all the other players.

I've tried to play that, but it says I'm missing 0h2_Wheeled or whatever that is. Won't let me play.

Edit: The one edited by Joehunk is the OTHER one. Woops.

Yeah, but when I play that, the respawning does not work. The AI and me do not spawn on HQ.... What gives?

I think I have an idea, but I dunno: Could it be with me "Skipping" the loading screen by exiting out and in again? Because it went on for quite a while, so I tried to overpass it.

Edited by Gamerboy

The missile guidance How To page on the ACE wagn is missing instructions for Vikhr missiles.

And you can't just tell us that default is Hold Right Click. We need to know what the actual keybind category is. Is it reveal target? Because reveal target doesn't work when bound to a different key, and I can't have it bound to Hold Right Click.

The Ka-52 gunner can't tab-lock. The How To says to lock with the machinegun first, but you can't do this as the gunner. Why not let the gunner guide Vikhrs with the rangefinder?

Edited by maturin

Thanks for the update. We used to play with full ACE in ARMA2, but had a long hiatus with the release of Operation Arrowhead. Now we're back on the wagon. The features offered in ACE do not only increase the realism; they improve and streamline the gameplay.

We play with @ACE alone (add sound mod to taste)-- and are absolutely thrilled that this option is supported. The two week 'maintenance' mode offers a comfortable tempo of updates which fits nicely with our type of gamers.

Sincerely,

ken of nopryl.no

edit: Also I personally play with @acex_sm and dig it!

@maturin: fixed it just now, tab lock shouldn't be prevented by rangefinder anymore

Cool.

Do you mean that carrying a rangefinder was preventing tab-lock? Because I was unable to tab-lock even when the rangefinder was not activated, as gunner and pilot.

Also, tab-lock doesn't let us aim at vehicles without running engine. So there needs to be full aiming functionality there.

Engine limitation.

You have to right-click to designate a target, either with the gun selected in optics mode then switch to missiles and fire, or right click with the target centered on your screen while freelooking.

-Vking

This system isn't good enough. Right click is finicky because of its multitude of uses, and I personally can't use it because the game won't distinguish between RMB and Hold RMB after some patch or other. All the other ACE buttons can be re-mapped, but not so with the Vikhr R-click and the How To doesn't tell us what keybinding category is being used.

I made a ticket about this but it expired.

Nice to have the Ka-50, though.

Edited by maturin

Hey, i'm creating a multiplayer mission and i would like to know how to add some items in a ACE backpack ! :)

The command I used to add the backpack:

this addweapon "ACE_VTAC_RUSH72";

That works !

And now I would like to add the items..

I tried this addmagazinecargo, (unitBackpack this) addMagazineCargo["x",x].. But it doesn't work..

Anyone know?

Hey, i'm creating a multiplayer mission and i would like to know how to add some items in a ACE backpack ! :)

The command I used to add the backpack:

this addweapon "ACE_VTAC_RUSH72";

That works !

And now I would like to add the items..

I tried this addmagazinecargo, (unitBackpack this) addMagazineCargo["x",x].. But it doesn't work..

Anyone know?

Links to documentation are in first post but here's a shortcut:

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/ace/index/Functions.html

Check the Ruck functions.

The key only does something when you are pointing at an object that can be interacted with.

Thats what I say, it don't work. I cant blow a bomb or make the mines ready because the keys don't work for interaction when I lay down the bomb/mine with the self-interaction key. And I am on the knees and I look with the iron sight direct on the f*** bomb so I cant miss it but the interaction don't work.

Somehow ACE is interfering with Blastcore. With ACE enabled, there are no explosions, debris, or smoke of any kind. With it off, BC functions just fine.

Damn I aint on me gameing pc so cant tell ya exactly what to look for but ts some thing like

Reset the skip option in a tab at the top.

This way it forces and update and a check file.