Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

Would it be possible to integrate a Dragging-Feature for AI Units into ACE like it is in SLX or DAPMAN (Dragging wounded Units into Cover before Medic heals)?

Better asking here first before i´m open up a Feature Ticket @ DH imho. :)

Please put it in a ticket and we shall evaluate ;-)

dudes

my ticket disappeared!! surely if it was deleted i would have been notified and given a reason

i would have thought AI helicopters making a bleep sound on every landing would have been a big enough bug to had some attention paid to it...

dudes

my ticket disappeared!! surely if it was deleted i would have been notified and given a reason

i would have thought AI helicopters making a bleep sound on every landing would have been a big enough bug to had some attention paid to it...

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25861#note-4

Perhaps check your spam filter

i installed six updater and followed instructions and all the ACE logos are there, but ACE is all messed up, ie units, factions, equipment, no bags, ec.

there is one message that comes up saying ace animations need a ver 1.59 and also lots of other error messages about missing files

is this something for a ticket, because there is really no specific problem i can find, my old versoin worked just fine, and im only trying to update to a stable version.

thanks in advance for any help or advice

Well from the 'ver 1.59' you state, I only can assume it's that you don't have Combined Operations updated to version 1.59? But to run a recent version you would already of had to be at 1.59... hrm maybe check to see if you are updated to 1.59 for Combined Ops?

It seems that the

vehicle="Land_antenna";

can´t be destroyed with satchels in ACE, please confirm

Is there a option to set the altimeter for parajumps/HALO/skydiving?

IIRC every parajumper sets his altimeter according to local atmospheric pressure figures before he jumps. Maybe make also an optional audible sound with certain intervals to let the jumper know the perfect altitude.

Gonna make Repro and RPT and everything tonight, didn´t have time until today ^^

EDIT: Forget that Ticket, I can´t reproduce it for the life of me. It didn´t work during a Coop Mission on our Server, and someone else reported that he is able to reproduce it in the Editor. I´ll have to see who that was...

Sorry guys

Edited by Tonci87

One question: Did the last update change how Medkits/First Aid work?

Previously: Select "First Aid", then you would begin doing the crouching/fidgeting animation over and over until it was done.

Now: Select "First Aid", then you will do the animation once, and a bar that says "Stop Bleeding" will come up and slowly (or quickly depending on amount of injury) go across the screen, finishing and saying that you were successfully patched up.

I have no problem with the way this is now, and actually it's nice to see how long it will take. However, the only issue is that if you move while this is happening, the bar will go away, but you will be stuck in "Healing" limbo until you Examine yourself again and Abort First Aid, and then do it again. Shouldn't it Abort automatically if you move? We were having some issues last night using this on ourselves and each other.

Another thing is that every time I moved and was stuck in "healing limbo", it used up a Medkit and I had to use a new one when I tried again. Ended up going through several medkits but not being healed.

What are the spotting abilities for AI like with the new AI changes?

A group of low-skill Chedaki, not a piece of optical equipment between them, spotted a ghillie sniper prone in the grass almost instantaneously at 600m, after he fired a single shot from behind their backs.

Edit: I just realized that was wearing a desert ghillie suit in Chernarus.

But their hearing does seem to be rather good. They can hear a GP-25 launch at 630 meters and enter combat mode. This may be a problem with the weapon config, though.

Edited by maturin

What are the spotting abilities for AI like with the new AI changes?

A group of low-skill Chedaki, not a piece of optical equipment between them, spotted a ghillie sniper prone in the grass almost instantaneously at 600m, after he fired a single shot from behind their backs.

Edit: I just realized that was wearing a desert ghillie suit in Chernarus.

Which new AI changes ? What weapon was the sniper using ? The AI has always been very good at detecting you after you shot at them, just like Vanilla.

The ghillies have the best camo against AI in game no matter the color.

Here's how good they are at spotting:

Which new AI changes ?

The new AI .pbos by watchamacallit. It was pretty big news.

The AI has always been very good at detecting you after you shot at them, just like Vanilla.

Yes, but now they are good at spotting out to 600m. I'm pretty sure that's a step up from vanilla. Or maybe they are just willing to engage at long ranges now. In any case, the one-shot detection was an anomaly.

The ghillies have the best camo against AI in game no matter the color.

They only work at maximum in certain kinds of grass.

Edited by maturin

I think he meant they are the best, as in no matter what else you wear and no matter where you are, nothing will give the AI lower ability to detect you than a ghillie suit. Of course you'll be harder to detect when there are additional factors, but they have nothing to do with the ghillie suit.

A quick and dirty vid of the new Javelin targeting system. Good work zGuba. :yay:

1L74eUNDqZ0

A new sound, thank God. Hopefully I can fire the thing without real life earplugs now.

Possible i`m blind or i`m searching the wrong keywords... but is it possible via scripting command to check if a client is running ACE mod?

:confused:

Looks like you guys already fixed the medkit issue I mentioned. :cool:

Question: Was it ACE that added a separate helmet hitbox to units' heads? Because is so, hits to the cheek and jaw are incorrectly counted as hits to the helmet.

Also, how does this bandage while prone deal work?

Edited by maturin