Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

Kotov is just a PRfanboy trying to troll, havent any one else seen it yet?

Wont comment further to dont make this thread be closed.

And BTW, Keep the good work ACE team Kudos!

Kotov is just a PRfanboy trying to troll, havent any one else seen it yet?

Wont comment further to dont make this thread be closed.

And BTW, Keep the good work ACE team Kudos!

I wish this forum have age restriction to 21 at least I start feel wrong trying arguing with kids

I wish this forum have age restriction to 21 at least I start feel wrong trying arguing with kids

You've got to be kidding. Somebody doesn't agree with you and suddenly everyone under the age of 21 should be banned? You are the kind of person who a few decades ago would be criticising young people for their 'rock and roll' music and saying nothing will ever come of their 'flying machines'

Thanks guys, but lets try to get back on topic now :)

I'm having some trouble using IED's with ACE, they don't seem to detonate with tripwire or remote. I am using other mods too, but I was wondering if anybody else using ACE had the same problem?

@Sickboy: This version of ACE does not allow the binocular zoom mod that I have always used to work. Is there an option for this somewhere to turn on, or would I have to mod something( which I have not a clue how to do :)) to get the zoom to work with the binoculars again? I have always used this mod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6626

Edited by stevedrumsdw

I just noticed some thing (may be a fluke) I have noticed that the leaves and smoke now go in the direction of the wind.

Has this now been fixed or was it just a fluke?.

Thanks

The point is i think theirs that many differing versions of this mod that guys have its crashing games severs. Theirs that many ways to update not every body has the same version;) . Don't start flaming me because i appreciate the work thats gone into it and realise it's free. It's a good mod but thats the problem, to many updates and to many versions:)

The point is i think theirs that many differing versions of this mod that guys have its crashing games severs. Theirs that many ways to update not every body has the same version;) . Don't start flaming me because i appreciate the work thats gone into it and realise it's free. It's a good mod but thats the problem, to many updates and to many versions:)
Find a quality server admin who runs the server with signatures enabled, and there is only 1 official way to update, so perhaps stop complicating it yourselves :D

For the rest, I'd recommend reading through my responses :)

Edited by Sickboy

Will there be an update today?

No, no update today. SB is not available. He is somewhere in Bohemia ;)

Edit: Though he is online :D

Xeno

I just noticed some thing (may be a fluke) I have noticed that the leaves and smoke now go in the direction of the wind.

Has this now been fixed or was it just a fluke?.

Thanks

Yes we applied some workarounds for it, and it seems they were succesfull ;) :cool:

SB, you should be drinking good Czech beer and not lurking around in BIF :p

Xeno

I'm having some trouble using IED's with ACE, they don't seem to detonate with tripwire or remote. I am using other mods too, but I was wondering if anybody else using ACE had the same problem?
Best create a ticket with rpt and we might be able to tell sup; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting
Will there be an update today?
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2033624#post2033624
@Sickboy: This version of ACE does not allow the binocular zoom mod that I have always used to work. Is there an option for this somewhere to turn on, or would I have to mod something( which I have not a clue how to do :)) to get the zoom to work with the binoculars again? I have always used this mod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6626

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

---------- Post added at 22:53 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

SB, you should be drinking good Czech beer and not lurking around in BIF :p

Xeno

:P I have some spare minutes to myself tonight :D

Most things I don't like are little issues, such as the wounding systems formula, and not having a state in wounding which involves being conscious but in extreme pain (rolling on the ground), or the Mk262 not being able to kill at over 800m on unarmoured targets like in RL.

Actually this might have nothing to do with ACE2 but rather bugs in the A2 engine. Believe it or not the latest beta patch looks like they've finally quashed a bug which mean that all ballistics overly-reduced by range

Yes we applied some workarounds for it, and it seems they were succesfull ;) :cool:

Holy crap this is amazing because at one point it was "impossible".

You lot kick ass thanks so much for this awesome mod.

If this gets quoted a few more times people might actually start to believe it's a real bug.

or the Mk262 not being able to kill at over 800m on unarmoured targets like in RL.

Got any proof for that ? Last time I checked even the M24 sniper rifle shooting 7.62 had a max effective range of 800m.

For Mk262 700m would probably be a more realistic expectancy.

Edited by Robalo

Longest confirmed kill is probably not how they calculate the max effective range.

SB, you are in Bohemia? You should be in some nice bar and not on the forums ^^

If this gets quoted a few more times people might actually start to believe it's a real bug.

Got any proof for that ? Last time I checked even the M24 sniper rifle shooting 7.62 had a max effective range of 800m.

For Mk262 700m would probably be a more realistic expectancy.

Robalo, I am saying that the bullet itself is capable of killing targets at over 800m, there are a few published AAR's confirming this, although they are hard to find.

The 7.62 sniper rifles can kill at very longer range, 1200m+, but the common negative factor for both is the inaccuracy of shooting at that range, the wind and bullet drop plus the actual rifles accuracy pull it down.

So what I am saying is that if I ever do score a hit on an enemy soldier who is unarmoured at 800m with a Mk262, and it is a centre mass shot, technically it should incapacitate them.

But yet again, things can be hard to balance, especially since the 262 is not effective against body armour.

EDIT:

Some solid proof.

I find ingame that the Mk12 with 262 can score one hit kills at around 300-400m, RL is much different

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/mk262.htm

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=63210

Something I did want to make a point out of is effective range has nothing to do with wound ballistics, it is mostly because of the accuracy, not the bullets performance itself.

Edited by Militantsausage

1. Use the latest available OA beta patch

2. Disable the Enhanced Armor difficulty setting, confirm in RPT that there is no warning about it!

3. Enable Wounds

If still issues, put it in a ticket :)

Found the ticket re Mk262, but it lacks the info provided here on forums. Please submit any helpful info there too so we have it organized:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18946

It will also need RPT and if the problem was seen with or without ACE wounds.

So far I tested a Mk12 with Mk262 ammo at 700m and, unless I hit the weapon, got kills with 2 chest shots against unarmored targets.

Thanks!

Edited by Robalo

Yeah my computer's motherboard fried two weeks ago, at the moment I am on my backup.

As soon as I get the chance I'll fix up the thread, get the RPT in there.

I have used the Mk262 out of the Mk12 many times, almost all with ACE wounds, one hit kills (or incapacitations) were possible up to 300-400m, and at 700m it would take around 3-4 shots.

With the new beta A friend reported while using ACE wounds, that most shots around 800m take 3-4 shots to kill, even when 1-3 shots impact the head or chest.

That said, he did get occasionally 2 shots kills at 800m, and at 700m most were 3 shot kills, with occasionally 1-2 shots only.