Sign in to follow this  
fasterthanlight

Mission character screen

I thought that I had tried that before and it didn't work and I also thought reading somewhere that you can't change the 1-1-A thing. The callsign will change in game using setGroupdID but I don't think it does on the player select screen. I may be wrong though. You're the developer after all.

In my experience the setgroupid works in the briefing and mission phase in Arma II, but it does not seem to have an effect in the MP player select screen. Is there an addition required in the initline (or even in another file in the mission folder) to get the assigned designation to show in A2/OA?

Regards,

Sander

I may be wrong though. You're the developer after all.

Nope. Just Chuck Testa.

You were right of course, role selection screen pops up before setGroupID takes effect.

Best thing you can do is name your squads and units Alpha, Bravo, Charlie etc and have them match the 1-1-A, 1-1-B, and 1-1-C designation by cutting and pasting units to reorder them (if you didn't plan for this already when you created them). A bit messy if you have lots of units, as you have to set them back to playable, but can be automated using a good text editor.

By naming squads and units I mean use setGroupID and typing in as unit description.