Sign in to follow this  
Remy

Bomber are a mint idea

hey i don't know what some of you people are talking about; we aready have airplanes that fly d*amn fast. bombers are slower than jet planes and they were used in the war; they were apart of war, we need them. Bomber planes might be cheap but they used it in the war so we should use it in the game.

yeah a slow bomber that could drop even a few bombs would be cool. they dont have to totally destroy the whole d*amn base or anything...the scud missle for the east could do a little damage, and the west could get the bomber plane...

YES

What the #### is with you guys. it would make the game more enjoyable.

more enjoyable? how do you work that out? Picture this you,Lt.Armstrong have to defend your base against a Soviet attack anf ten seconds into the game someone launches a scud and game over your dead.WOW!!! IT would improve the game!!! I bow down to you well thought out idea

I would love to see a bomber added. To bad I don't have the know how or resources at this time to make my own for everyone to use.

Well you don't have to make the bombers or the scud capable of huge distruction, just make them small explosions. they don't have to be able to take out a base or anything. It would just be cool to havethem

remy has a point ......... it is a mint idea..... like those mints they put on ur pillow in hotels. FUN FOR 5 SECONDS AND THEN UR DONE WITH IT smile.gif

your d*amn right it would be a mint idea. thanks for your support buddy....... and the mints on your pillow in the hotel are very good your right

u may not have fully understood what i meant. But thats ok. Btw what 'slow' contemporary bomber would u prefer? most bombers i know of nowadays are getting faster not slower. Im thinking OV-10 bronco if u know it as ur best bet

Well I really dont know what kinda bomber I want but people have been saying the bronco is a nice bomber plane so i would go with that

*sigh* You guys just don't see the light do you? Bombers are a ---------> s-t-u-p-i-d <--------- Idea. They would rule the whole internet game. Infantry wouldn't be necesarry anymore because you could just fly your bomber over to the enemy base and bomb every single man to death. The A10 and SU25 are overkill enough..but to bring in a BOMBER?!?!?!?!?!?!

Guest Scooby

There will always be stupid people on boards such as this sad.gif

Sad that thisfar BIS has mostly listened the idiot population here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Scooby on 6:35 pm on Oct. 26, 2001

There will always be stupid people on boards such as this  sad.gif

Sad that thisfar BIS has mostly listened the idiot population here.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm with you dude :biggrin:

What a silly idea. What is the point of having a bomber that does little damage? Daft idea keep bombers away.

If we can't have  bombers, can we have swords? Or rocks and sticks?

What a silly idea.  What is the point of having a bomber that does little damage?  Daft idea keep bombers away.

Then why are there cesnas and civilian cars in the game when they don't do any damage?  This is a military sim, isn't it? There's a big difference between the amount of damage a B-52 can do or a smaller bomber, like the OV-10 Bronco.  And what's the problem with the Su25 or A-10?  There are tanks in the game, isn't there.  And isn't the A-10 known to be the Tank Killer?

And we're talking about free fall dumb bombs, not laser guided "smart" bombs.  It still takes some skill on getting the bomb to hit on or near the target.  You gotta know when to release the bomb, factoring in your speed, altitude, and dive.  And it's not like you got 10 bombs to play with, the OV-10 Bronco can carry what, 4 bombs maximum.  It's not as easy as just getting your chopper pointed in the right direction and unloading a bunch of rockets in the general area of your target.

I'll never want to see the fast moving jet bombers in this game, that's for sure.  But I think a slow moving, prop driven bomber (i.e the Bronco) is a viable option for the game.  At least give me a hang-glider and a box of grenades.

-=Die Alive=-

If you have bombers you don't need infantry? Then why have infantry in Afgan and just not keep bombing? Because it's not effective. Plus you could set it up so the bombers arn't over powerful. Now look at helis. You can missle things on the groud just as well if not better then a bomber. I think a bomber is a GREAT idea. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Yo RAMBO's

Did you ever hear of a thing called air support ??

ask your mommy and daddy about the vietnam war.

In that war they used a lot of infantry + bombers against the north vietnamese army.

or rent the movie hamburger hill you wil see infantry fighting along with the airforce against the V.C.

Air support is very important in modern warefare so they should put it in the game.

Man, have you just lost your bottle or something? this is an infantry simulator! You simply ain't getting your bomber!!

Man if it's an infantry simulator take out the jeeps, tanks and heli's! I mean, many people have more fun using those on missions and while playing MP! Wait if they did that OFP wouldn't be that great anymore. Come on and stop being so close minded to the bomber idea, if you don't like it fine. Just don't use them. But don't keep trying discourge people from making an addon bomber so the majority of us can enjoy it.

(Edited by Eagle Eyez at 3:50 am on Oct. 27, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RedStorm on 1:01 am on Oct. 27, 2001

Man, have you just lost your bottle or something? this is an infantry simulator! You simply ain't getting your bomber!!

<span id='postcolor'>

If it's an infanrty simulator it has to be as realistic as can be so we need bombers for close air support.

Why arent there mortars in the game?? a mortar is an infantry tool.

and why did you buy this game I think you wil have more fun playing the delta force series.

if you dont like the freedom of controling other vehicles

then dont play this game.

The OV-10 bronco, in my view is perfect, It fits the timeline, isnt fast , it isnt a game stopper like a b-52 would and it doesnt need gaint runways. Its less of a ludicrous suggestion than a c-130. AND it looks cool ... like some really mutated grasshopper on assorted Hard-drugs:)

Yea, now I'm going to whine about a nuclear bomb too! I mean, it doesn't travel fast, and it looks real MINT! Please...NO BOMBER!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RedStorm on 6:40 pm on Oct. 27, 2001

Yea, now I'm going to whine about a nuclear bomb too! I mean, it doesn't travel fast, and it looks real MINT! Please...NO BOMBER!<span id='postcolor'>

A bomber would Rock s**t the A-10 could prob be converted to drop bombs instead of using missles thats a start atleast. RedStormarent you being a bit ohh uhmm ANAL about this whole thing? I mean comeon a bomber is a VALID AND GOOD IDEA!! I love running HUGE battles in OFP 100+ men and lots of Tanks Planes Helos whatever i can find smile.gif If you havent experienced a HUGE battle in OFP due to limitations by your PC you might want to upgrade your HW cause im sure i speak for all when i say LARGE OFP BATTLES ARE THE SHIZNIT IN OFP smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from OFPbugs on 6:50 pm on Oct. 27, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RedStorm on 6:40 pm on Oct. 27, 2001

Yea, now I'm going to whine about a nuclear bomb too! I mean, it doesn't travel fast, and it looks real MINT! Please...NO BOMBER!<span id='postcolor'>

A bomber would Rock s**t the A-10 could prob be converted to drop bombs instead of using missles thats a start atleast. RedStormarent you being a bit ohh uhmm ANAL about this whole thing? I mean comeon a bomber is a VALID AND GOOD IDEA!! I love running HUGE battles in OFP 100+ men and lots of Tanks Planes Helos whatever i can find smile.gif If you havent experienced a HUGE battle in OFP due to limitations by your PC you might want to upgrade your HW cause im sure i speak for all when i say LARGE OFP BATTLES ARE THE SHIZNIT IN OFP smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yea, battles with 100+ people are really good, especially when ur in a bomber. You drop 1 or 2 bombs and they're all dead...