Sign in to follow this  
pauliesss

ARMA 2 : OA beta build 84689

does the fix about grenades mean that they will no longer fall through buildings and such, or is it a fix for some other issue introduced? it seems likes its just a fix for a new issue, but one can hope

Playing Insurgency MP, I'm getting quite a few soft, flushable CTDs after which many textures are gone, replaced by black (rock surfaces, clothing, tarmac roads). Doesn't happen in vanilla 1.59. But this beta is much smoother with regard to lag, warping, etc.

This standing & flicker dead unit are in MP and SP. Imho this bug/issue was fixed before 1.59.

As for now MP isn't that great anymore because of jumping/warping units in distance. Makes combat with vehicles and aircraft less exciting.

Got flashing lights using a binocular looking at a fire in SP mission "Jackal". Oh my, why always fixing some things and breaking others?

Got flashing lights using a binocular looking at a fire in SP mission "Jackal". Oh my, why always fixing some things and breaking others?

The nature of testing, programming, etc. its just one of those things.

Could anyone be so kind and explain me what "turret tug" means and what it does? The translation "Turmschlepper" makes no sense to me.

Could anyone be so kind and explain me what "turret tug" means and what it does? The translation "Turmschlepper" makes no sense to me.
Is it that NotObvious ? Turret Bug

The author of the fix is currently not available, and the exact purpose of the fix is not clear to me, but the source code shows it is fixing something wrong which happened when turret stabilization was off for a while and then turned on again (which happened when crew turned in). What exactly the "wrong" was I have no idea.

The author of the fix is currently not available, and the exact purpose of the fix is not clear to me, but the source code shows it is fixing something wrong which happened when turret stabilization was off for a while and then turned on again (which happened when crew turned in). What exactly the "wrong" was I have no idea.
Thank you very much for explanation, Suma, but the whole thing remains an enigma ;)

I encountered two recent beta issues to date:

- Dead AIs remain standing in MP are back (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24683)

All experienced with latest beta.

The AI remaining standing after death was already in 1.59. Still this is quite an anoying bug, potentially wasting ammo for the specific clients seeing the unit standing (seems to be random which clients)

Edit: If I may plug another MP bug that has been around for a while: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16421

It has a very easy repro, and I have the feeling the fix should not be that hard.

Edited by rundll.exe