Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Garrison House Area Script

LOVE THE SCRIPT!! Works great with TAKISTAN.. Tried it with Chenarus.. no men populate any buildings.. am I doing something wrong?

thanks...bill

It presently only works for buildings on Takistan, Shapur, Desert, Zargabad, and some on Proving Grounds.

That would be why. :)

Just wanted to say THANKS! this is a really nice work.

No problem and thank you for the nice comment. I'm glad it is finding some use. I made it with the intent of using for missions but my brother and I used it for about a week before I switched back to Chernarus and then eventually over to CWR2. Not sure I will ever get around to updating it for new terrains.

Quick question: I don't see any provision for running for MultiPlayer, either on Dedicated or Hosted servers. I naively assumed that was built in, but when I played my mission with 11 players (on a dedicated server), I got a nasty surprise (it spawned one "set" of hostiles per player connected, overwhelming the server).

Did I do something wrong? Is there a best way to adapt it to a dedicated server? Would a simple: if (!isServer) exitwith {}; do the trick? -Anyone??

EDIT: I've tried adding a line at the beginning that's just: if (!isServer) exitwith {}; --and it seems to do the trick. But I'd be curious for more expert folks to weigh in.

Edited by Lucky44

Quick question: I don't see any provision for running for MultiPlayer, either on Dedicated or Hosted servers. I naively assumed that was built in, but when I played my mission with 11 players (on a dedicated server), I got a nasty surprise (it spawned one "set" of hostiles per player connected, overwhelming the server).

Did I do something wrong? Is there a best way to adapt it to a dedicated server? Would a simple: if (!isServer) exitwith {}; do the trick? -Anyone??

EDIT: I've tried adding a line at the beginning that's just: if (!isServer) exitwith {}; --and it seems to do the trick. But I'd be curious for more expert folks to weigh in.

That's what my brother and I did. There might've been a way for me to build it into the script but I am not all that familiar with scripting for MP and when I got it working I didn't want to go breaking it. Plus I figure that that is a fairly simple line of code and isn't too much to ask for people to type in.

Jakerod, I realize it's been a while since you last posted on this, but I have a question. Is there any way to make it so that the garrison script only runs when a squad of soldiers approaches a town?

Jakerod, I realize it's been a while since you last posted on this, but I have a question. Is there any way to make it so that the garrison script only runs when a squad of soldiers approaches a town?

Yeah all you need to do is make it so that the trigger that activates the script has the right parameters. So for example, if it is a BLUFOR squad that you are talking about, you set the trigger to BLUFOR present and then set the desired radius using the trigger.

Greetings,

There are actually 3 steps needed, yes?

That being the trigger?

"How It Works

Requires 2 Markers (1 that is used as a center around which men will appear in buildings and another for where the men should spawn)

At least 1 Unit of the Side that you are creating or a Side Center"

I won't be using Radio Alpha, so where does the code go?

1.) Place Trigger

2.) Set to Radio Alpha

3.) In On Activation Line type: garrison_test = ["mkr2",100,1,1,1,1,1,"squad1",1,1,1,1] execVM "jsp_garrison_radius.sqf";

#3 says On Activation, but what about the rest of the Trigger set up such as Presence and so forth?

"garrison_01"........what is the "01"?

The Side that I am creating is Takistan Locals. Just set down one Takistan Local within the area? No code needed withing the unit?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I just can't get it to work and trying everything, except of course the Right Way.

Using Zargabad map.

Thanks!

Edited by Kommiekat

Kommiekat: you can call the line in your #3 any way you like. For example, you can put it in your init.sqf. That's probably the easiest thing to do. You just need to have a clean way to execute the script (jsp_garrison_radius.sqf) with the parameters you want.

Keep in mind that the first element of those parameters is "mrk2", right? And that means that the location where this radius will be centered is a marker named "mrk2". So you need a marker on the map with that name for it to work.

Kommiekat did you get everything working okay? I'm sorry that I didn't respond sooner. I don't tend to visit this area of the forum that much anymore and I just got the email alert about your post yesterday. If you didn't feel free to PM me in case I miss it again.

Edited by Jakerod

I'm having same problem as BillSirKill but I want to spawn Takistani Locals.

Works great with Takistani Militia and Army as in your demo mission.

I tried will all groups including Bluefor. Was unable to spawn. My objective is Takistani Locals.....

This doesnt work on custom maps? tried spawning on falluja to no avail. even copied all the markers and triggers from the sample demo. pity :/