Sign in to follow this  
Beagle

"Tab" targeting issues

> So I'd rather decrease probability of GM (guided missile) to hit moving armor to 0.1-0.2 on highest speed.I assume that can be implemented much easier.

There is no fixed probability. It is based on rocket maneuvering capability (so if vehicle is moving probability is smaller).

In game now if you spot GM launch means you dead.I'd say moving your tank or not moving rocket will hit you and doesn't matter how far you or how fast you drive :).Is only big hill or building will save you.

So it is either not working correctly or need to be corrected.

> But to make it workable you need to see cursor which is off in vet mod.

Should all cursors in vehicles be enabled for vet?

It depends how fix will go - to be honest I play ofp/arma/arma2 11 years and know hardware - but software is dark forest for me.

Edited by kotov12345

- TAB locks unknown(yellow) units

-- what is better? All unknown units or none (frienly units are usually know)?

TAB should lock unknown. It might lead to TKills but only with triggerhappy pilots. If Brain 2.1 is used, TK's shouldn't be a problem.

Although a little OT but still a bit related: a scripting command to influence missile target after launch (_missile setTarget _object or _position) would allow to develop scripted solutions much easier than now.

:EDITH:

Also fixing the missile speeds in vanilla ArmA 2 would help a lot. Right now they are either too fast or burn out way too early.

Maybe someone at BIS may compare vanilla ArmA 2 behaviour with this addon installed: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14008

Myke;2073315']TAB should lock unknown. It might lead to TKills but only with triggerhappy pilots. If Brain 2.1 is used' date=' TK's shouldn't be a problem.

[/url']

Ha, my thoughts exactly :cool:

Now, if only AI didnt spam stingers like there was no tomorrow :p

It might lead to some interesting mp conversations...

"Is anyone in grid so-and-so?"

"No, I think we're all attacking town such-and-such."

'"Okay, missile away."

"No wait! I'm in that grid! Wait! Waaaaaaait!"

*boom*

It might lead to some interesting mp conversations...

"Is anyone in grid so-and-so?"

"No, I think we're all attacking town such-and-such."

'"Okay, missile away."

"No wait! I'm in that grid! Wait! Waaaaaaait!"

*boom*

Hehe...allow me to quote myself:

If Brain 2.1 is used, TK's shouldn't be a problem.

The terminology is beyond me Im afraid.

But aslong as its as good as mando missiles ill be pleased

if only we had something like mando ...

I really want to be gunner in a plane/heli and have some TVs showing when i press 0 ...

Then we can talk about AI gunner ...

Possible changes for TKOH/A3

3. stinger/igla are too weak

- data problem (you can ...)

I have a suggession for this. In our A2 multiplayer campain we made a mod with better AA behaviors.

The rule was simply. If the AA hit the heli from behind then the cause engine failure.

If AA hit from front or side, then there a chanse (quiet high) to blow up the air vehicle.

I think, if AA hit the air vehicle there is no chanse to fly away, that is the reason why they made countermeasure.

I think, if AA hit the air vehicle there is no chanse to fly away, that is the reason why they made countermeasure.

it is not questions think or not think.There are a lot of examples while aircraft was hit with aa launcher and able to land in real life.

In game once damaged aircraft should be able to land but definitely should not be able to continue attack.We got CIT ticket for it it long story and not relayed to TAB issues.

if only we had something like mando ...

I really want to be gunner in a plane/heli and have some TVs showing when i press 0 ...

Then we can talk about AI gunner ...

But it can't be Mando itself. That mod flat out stops working if your framerate drops.

2. radar - incoming missile detection is too fast

- I can try to add some delay but I'm not sure if this will really help; changing cmImmunity should help more

It'd be nice if it showed all missiles in the search area, even if they aren't targeted at you (like most actual MWSes...), possibly even a chance of it not detecting a missile.

Low cm immunity can be ok, but it's a problem at the moment because pilots know they don't ever have to use flares unless a little 'm' pops up, when they should be using them whenever they think there is danger.

as someone mention before ground targets needed to be removed from air radar planes and choppers unless they pointed by laser or may be other devices.

Flying planes or chopper should only be able lock target using RMB on visual contact.

as someone mention before ground targets needed to be removed from air radar planes and choppers unless they pointed by laser or may be other devices.

Flying planes or chopper should only be able lock target using RMB on visual contact.

Unless you're flying the longbow equipped apache

A2OA_ingame_screenshot_08.jpg

(for the 10 bajillionth time :j: )

Nobody is flying that Apache because the cockpit is empty :p.

Unless you're flying the longbow equipped apache

http://www.arma2.com/images/stories/armaOAfeatures/A2OA_ingame_screenshot_08.jpg Do not quote images!

(for the 10 bajillionth time :j: )

how difficult talk with kids:

Look video carefully: there is only visual targets can be fired.It can be gunner or someone else with laser.

Edited by Foxhound
removed quoted pic

Look video carefully: there is only visual targets can be fired.It can be gunner or someone else with laser.

facepalm.jpg

You clearly know nothing about how the Longbow system works, so please stop commenting.

You do NOT need visual to engage targets with RADAR Hellfie. A discovery-channel youtube video is not good reference material...

Radar Hellfire is a Fire and FORGET system, meaning you dont need to actively guide it to the target.

12 - 15 seconds in this video:

is all you need. Pop the radar above the terrain (or take radar feed from another helicopter), the missile is fed the targeting info, you fire it, then you move on to next targets. Radar hellfire you just "click on" the little boxes shown on the radar mfd (very much like the tab-locking in A2) and fire off missiles. Edited by DM

kotov12345 just search for modern military sensor, radar and communication/IT systems. Start to search with "active radar homing", "GPS/INS navigation" and continue learning something new.

The pilot/gunner today don't need to see targets with his own eyes if he has the information where those targets are.

There's a little problem in this...RL the Radar has a hard time to idntifie a stationary tank in urban environment or at an high angle to terrain (ground clutter)...longbow works good in the desert but you need visual to avoid friendly fire...because the Radar hs trouble to tell a T-72 from a M1A2...there are no red dots on a screen RL

But that has got nothing to do with the fire and forget behaviour.

Iirc this positive identification is implemented in arma (as you can have yellow dots), it's just that AI has a hard time detecting targets on long range just using optics.

Also this radar is used for planes as well, and there most certainly are white, yellow and red dots.

12 - 15 seconds in this video: is all you need. Pop the radar above the terrain (or take radar feed from another helicopter), the missile is fed the targeting info, you fire it, then you move on to next targets. Radar hellfire you just "click on" the little boxes shown on the radar mfd (very much like the tab-locking in A2) and fire off missiles.

yes - look your video carefully - gunner input target into radar using visual contact and then transfer it to missile.Radar only track target - not detect.Radar not able to detect lock determinate friend or foe on 360 degree around.There is no such weapons allow you clear all territory 4x4km around air vehicle off enemy vehicles.

And it effect game play.Most mods now trying rid of of it(pr ace valhala). Maps who use vanilla setting (warfare) looks like inf or air maps only - not armor.

Edited by kotov12345

yes - look your video carefully - gunner input target into radar using visual contact and then transfer it to missile.Radar only track target - not detect.

Herp a derp.

Every time you post it just gets more and more ridiculous...

I don't know how many times I have to say it, but with RADAR Hellfire and a Longbow radar you do NOT need to have visual with the target.

Radar not able to detect lock determinate friend or foe on 360 degree around

Combined with a blue-force-tracker/IFF the system really IS able to do that...

Which part of:

The aircraft is able to detect and classify more than 128 targets, prioritize the 16 most dangerous targets, transmit the information to other aircraft and initiate a precision attack, all this in fewer than 30 seconds.

If you still think that the gunner has to feed all this info into the system via optical tracking, you're beyond help.

To be somewhat on topic: All I want is for systems to be roughly representative of their real world counterparts. And to me that means NOT nerfing helicopters such as the Apache to only be able to optically guide its missles...

Edited by DM

Also, I believe that the longbow millimetre wave radar has resolution enough to be an imaging radar. I remember a while back someone talking about this.

But that has got nothing to do with the fire and forget behaviour.

Iirc this positive identification is implemented in arma (as you can have yellow dots), it's just that AI has a hard time detecting targets on long range just using optics.

Also this radar is used for planes as well, and there most certainly are white, yellow and red dots.

Unfortunatly the "unknown" targets in ArmA are pure cosmetical, because when you can lock a unknown target you know its enemy even though it's yellow on the radar. So you are always safe...you can't do FF with Tab lock. Ands that's why you can "speed tab away"...simply because no target recognition is needed, its all magically done. RL the radar need quite a tiem to process the contact to give it a category and altering the shape by adding stuff outside (often done in armoured branch) does not make it easier for the radar to find the right radar echo profile. And this systems works the same for AH-1Z, Su-25 and A-10 which have no radar at all. Edited by Beagle

RL the radar need quite a tiem to process the contact to give it a category and altering the shape by adding stuff outside (often done in armoured branch) does not make it easier for the radar to find the right radar echo profile.

About 0.234 seconds per target for longbow? (Assuming 128 targets / 30 seconds)