Sign in to follow this  
humvee28

ARMA 2 : OA beta build 84628

Since the Beta is getting more stable why isn't it pushed to the Six Updater so people without the urge to manually update everything could enjoy a less laggy multiplayer environment?

Is it me or do the AI's go through (empty) vehicles more often with this build? Or is it just a bad looking workaround/necessary evil for AI pathfinding?

I think it's been that way for a while, it's not easy to test.

I think for fences,pipes ect and player can crawl under it the AI will just walk through it I don't know if it's the same for vehicles.

Edited by F2k Sel

Have seen this issue in A2 and it was fixed. Guess if AI can't find a way around objects/vehicles they switching the internal "wall/object face/armor" matrix from solid to none. Something that should work only as last chance/exception but by default it should be not used. Perhaps just a side-effect from changing/fixing issues/bugs?

mission (blue jam) the helicopter to the base simply slides together, nothing happens!

Like motcha, I've also noticed a few issues playing the BAF campaign with this and past couple of beta patches.

1. Just after you kill the IED guy near the market square, the autosave crashes the game. (this was a couple of patches ago, not sure if it in current)

2. Current build, squad member icons on bottom left of the screen are missing at the start of the campaign.

Sure someone is aware already. just thought i'd mention it.

Edited by ghost101

Warping seems improved in this even from the last beta or two. Been doing a lot of close-formation MP flying to test. Excellent work.

One thing I've noticed (could be a placebo) is that performance seems to be a bit worse zooming in around trees again. Can anyone confirm this, or am I just crazy? :p

any chance we get that "plane shooting flares automatically when locked" issue.

It's very annoying and exploited by a lot of player,i mean the guy just keeps locking you until you run out of flares then shoot you down...

That would be a valid tactic. If you get locked, I know that I immediately start spamming flares and get down low. So this isn't broken.

I noticed various bugs and glitches in BIS´campaigns and missions that weren´t there with 1.59 (ie cutscenes in PMC campaign still/again? broken).

Plz BIS check your SP content for compatibility also before going official 1.60.

Would be ironic if MP was fixed and SP left broken...:rolleyes:

I noticed various bugs and glitches in BIS´campaigns and missions that weren´t there with 1.59 (ie cutscenes in PMC campaign still/again? broken).

Plz BIS check your SP content for compatibility also before going official 1.60.

Would be ironic if MP was fixed and SP left broken...:rolleyes:

What are the ticket ID's? http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

It's very annoying and exploited by a lot of player,i mean the guy just keeps locking you until you run out of flares then shoot you down...

Until BIS comes with a solution, you could Mod it?

yep, SP is clearly foobared

what exploit u talking about ?

If you driving a tank probability of some exploiter tab you and kill 10 to 1.

(Mean that 10 times he firing rockets you will die 9 times)

If you piloting plane or even chopper you able to survive 10-15 aa rocket lanches.Some rockets miss to to bug with connection some due to flares some other reasons.

I stop playing such bullshit like many other players I know.

Realistically to kill air target with aa launcher should be MUCH easier that kill ground target due to MANY MANY MANY reasons.

If will be 1 to 1 chance like was in first ofp will be interested to play.

Warping seems improved in this even from the last beta or two. Been doing a lot of close-formation MP flying to test. Excellent work.

Agreed, great job. Very smooth. Almost totally fixed.

One thing I've noticed (could be a placebo) is that performance seems to be a bit worse zooming in around trees again. Can anyone confirm this, or am I just crazy? :p

Other than warping, performance in general seems to be much worse with this beta. Also me and my teammates all had several crash to desktop with this version that did not happen with previous betas.

Your reports lack useful details to be able to debug / fix these issues.

If you want them to fix them, you need to provide the necessary details: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT

For crashes, also include the crashdump files.

They are in the process of wrapping up the 1.60 update, so the sooner the better.

I can't run a dedicated with any of the last 6 betas so I'm stuck with build 84391.

Tried on 2 different servers, signature check times out and I get kicked, even if I disable regular checking.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24528

Edited by Robalo_AS

you guys don't understand what i'm talking about ... and just filling pages of useless comments...

"Until BIS comes with a solution, you could Mod it? "

yes,but not all servers use mods...

Like motcha, I've also noticed a few issues playing the BAF campaign with this and past couple of beta patches.

1. Just after you kill the IED guy near the market square, the autosave crashes the game. (this was a couple of patches ago, not sure if it in current)

2. Current build, squad member icons on bottom left of the screen are missing at the start of the campaign.

Sure someone is aware already. just thought i'd mention it.

I started BAF Lancers as a replay (no revert), and not only were there no squad member icons at bottom left, but there was no sound on the overdubbing of the guy talking, and the game never left the initial blurry state, and would not progress. Had to abort. Same thing happens when any campaign mission is replayed.

In PMC campaign, the cutscenes that flickered in previous 1.60 betas are ok (minor flickering at start, but then all is ok), but other cutscenes that were previously ok have no sound.

BIS: please perform complete QA on all SP missions and campaigns before releasing 1.60! Looks like SP has major issues, as others above have noted.

I started BAF Lancers as a replay (no revert), and not only were there no squad member icons at bottom left, but there was no sound on the overdubbing of the guy talking, and the game never left the initial blurry state, and would not progress. Had to abort. Same thing happens when any campaign mission is replayed.

In PMC campaign, the cutscenes that flickered in previous 1.60 betas are ok (minor flickering at start, but then all is ok), but other cutscenes that were previously ok have no sound.

BIS: please perform complete QA on all SP missions and campaigns before releasing 1.60! Looks like SP has major issues, as others above have noted.

Your reports lack useful details to be able to debug / fix these issues.

If you want them to fix them, you need to provide the necessary details: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT

For crashes, also include the crashdump files.

They are in the process of wrapping up the 1.60 update, so the sooner the better.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24558

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24559