Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Nam pack addon

I'll take it off if you want SelectThis......

As far as being smaller and packed differently, it works fine......And when downloading from any site, I'd recommend doing a virus scan, whether or not it is the "official" site.

Let me know if you don't want the .exe listed....Ill take it down and put up the original 19mb file.....At least it should help ease the strain a little at OFPEC for now...

Wow! Those pics are really looking great! smile.gif

Now this addons need just some nice missions/campaign. smile.gif

Tour of Duty, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now...

Re: Faces

There is detailed info in the Readme document about the faces (which also lists all the weapon and magazine names for use in the editor).

The Air Cav units have set faces because they use the Demo Model Soldier (MLOD format), we didn't edit the other models because we are waiting for Oxygen so they use the current OFP face system.

Version 2 (post O2) Nam Pack will include edited VC and NVA which will give them set faces.

Note: one problem with the preset faces is that the SETFACE command will not work on them, so you won't be able to change them.

In the mean time, what I suggest is to make a sample mission, place the VC and NVA units, and use setface to give them their proper faces. Then when you want to use them, just merge or copy/paste into your new mission.

I've started a thread in the Addons: Feedback forum at OFPEC for use to report bugs and comments, suggestions. We will listen and update as required in version 2 of the Nam Pack.

SelectThis

holy sh-t y'all out did yourelves this time.... i already made a lil special forces camp and hamlet on my jungle everon and the thought to all the individual units was a rreally nice touch too biggrin.gif i got one question though.....whats the radio for? at first i thought it was jus for looks but theres an action option using the radio.......................ANY IDEAS?? i know someone who knows the answer will skip reading my reply all together confused.gif i love that pack dunno what the radio is for other than looks also. im a hardcore player of OFP and im sure there are hundreds of thousands like me. ......but i get kind of annoyed when my M-16A1 runs out of ammo......im just so used to having my M-16A2 and my 30 round mags.....id go rockin and rollin and run out of ammo and id be like WTF?!?! another thing (rant-rave time smile.gif) who said that the grenaders carried up to 30 rounds of grenades....all i can carry is 8 (which is more than twice the standard load) but come on.....8 rounds of HE go quicker than you think on a hot LZ confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SelectThis @ June 03 2002,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it's the exe that bojler made up at http://ofp.gamezone.cz/ then it should be ok. No point in wasting bandwidth smile.gif

SelectThis<span id='postcolor'>

Thx for confidence in me blush.gifhehe.gifbigsmile.gif

And I must say - perfect work with your pack!

Missions! We name 'Nam missions! Anyone working on that or a campaign (on the jungle islands, I suppose)?

you need now an fac aircraft , vietnam era aircrafts (like a skyraider ....... j/k)

can't wait for the o2 version

one thing i'dlike to see is an ontos light armored vehicle

Ontos.jpg

it has six recoiless gun as main armament , it was used during the vietnam war

id_ontos.jpg

Sorry to ruin your fun, but I have a bug to report. Whenever I use a Stinger or a Strela to try to take down the SEB Huey, The launcher always locks onto the Huey below where it should. This causes all of my missiles to fly harmlessly under it, rather than send it crashing into the pretty little palm trees below. sad.gif

Ah well, aside from that small bug the pack is PERFECT. I love it! It's great to have VCs that look like VCs my missions, finally.

Ok, This is the "ULTIMATE NAM PAC" biggrin.gif

I have a question for the makers. In a later Pac, Would it be possible to make the grunts with sleeveless flaks? (Arm skin showing) Great work fellahs! And thanks all the mod makers out there.

I made an OV-10 Bronco that I plan to get into OFP.

OV-10_5.jpg

It isn't armed like it was for an FAC role over 'Nam, but that can be changed easily enough smile.gif

drkhrt532

Look in the readme for the magazines available for the M79.

Ran

I think I saw a ontos in teh Addon forums (maybe in the editing one) at OFPEC.

Serapis,

I'll look into it, though it may be a problem that we will have to wait until we get Oxygen to fix.

Raker,

We may consider doing more custom models with rolled up sleeves, no shirt flak jacket ones in version 2. No Promises though.

drewb99

looks nice, a F4 and some Migs would be good too smile.gif

I am also working on another module for the Nam Pack which will have a Huey, AH1 and CH47 which are targetable by Machine guns. Should be out soon (depending if I can edit the AH-1 model, a more realistic AH-1 might have to wait till O2)

SelectThis

Does anyone know why the UH-1 looks more like a green blob with rotors and a m-2 hanging in mid air confused.gif

everything else is great biggrin.gif

If you turn up your default level of detail settings, that will fix the green blob mess. Will hurt your framerate, but will fix it so the lower lod's won't bother you anymore.

Additional Module for the Nam Pack V1.

Due to an error on my part, I made the Nam Pack Huey un-targeted by enemy machine gunners. This obviously makes things like hot LZ's a bit tricky to make, so I have complied an additional module to the Nam Pack which contains an "attackable" Huey.

As a sweetener for putting you all through the trouble of having to DL another zip (small! only 300k), I've included an "attackable" AH-1G Cobra and CH47C Chinook.

I also recoded the weapons on the AH-1 to better reflect the correct loadouts during the Vietnam Conflict. It now comes with:

M134 Machine Gun 7.62 mm with 2000 rounds

M129 Grenadelauncher 40mm with 125 rounds

14 FFAR's

sebah1.jpg

The module is going through final testing and will be released soon.

SelectThis

I'v got a beta version of a f-4 and a miG biggrin.gif but i dont know where i downloaded it. confused.gif

SEB Nam Pack 1 Module A: Attackable Helis

By Ebud, Bibmi and SelectThis 10 June 2002

-This module provides users with US helicopters which are targeted by enemy machine gunners.

There is a UH-1 Huey, AH-1G Cobra and a CH47C.

The main Nam Pack V.1 is required, as is the official CH47D Chinook addon from BIS.

sebvmodA.jpg

The addon is finished and will be available from the Addon Dept at OFPEC soon.

SelectThis