Sign in to follow this  
carlostex

ARMA 2: OA beta build 84580

- this beta should have finally fixed setPos/setDir issues

- the interpolation should be improved (you should see less sliding)

- this beta should have finally fixed setPos/setDir issues

- the interpolation should be improved (you should see less sliding)

Thank the lord (Suma) that setPos/setDir is fixed.

Instead - or besides :rolleyes: - of thanking it would be good to test if it is really fixed this time. I have already reported it as fixed several times before.

Hi SUMA ... congratulations!

It looks like from build 84554, finally after so many many years, all motions in MP is smooth as it never was before.

Sorry but at this occasion, I must put here some lines with my feelings here:

I have founded clan/community in times of release the OFP, one from the first dedicated servers for OFP/A1/A2 and it survives till today. We have bought all BIS's games and almost all data-discs.

We was hoping for so many years, that one day, BIS would be able to fix MP game and make them widely playable.

But after releasing first A2OA, we was almost sure, that game shifted mainly on SP arcade players, and we was loosing hope that it would be ever fixed.

Some of our members was so angry, because they was paying money for MP game, which was not playable for them and they was not interested in SP. Some have promissed, that they will never buy any game from BIS in future.

But perhaps now, when I see it with my own eyes, that MP game is nice smooth, I am sure that they will return back, and perhaps I convince them again, to buy also A3 :).

Thank you very much for fixing those main problems for Arma community, and I hope that from now, Arma2 Multilayer game would be finally gaining on popularity around players across the world.

But back to reporting results:

From build 84554 there is no "jumping back when stopping", but when they stop, they go to slip.

This is very noticeable in 84554 build, less noticeable in 84580.

I am testing every build for any kind of jerky motion in MP.

Results and example videos are in this ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24252

Edited by Anunnaki Nibiru

Are "requiredBuild=xxxxx;" active ?? - seems nonbetaclients gets kicked from my server, even with the command not included in my server.cfg.

Dorph;2022567']Are "requiredBuild=xxxxx;" active ?? - seems nonbetaclients gets kicked from my server' date=' even with the command not included in my server.cfg.[/quote']

this command is understood ONLY by new beta builds and will be fully usable only after switch to 1.6x numbering ...

Instead - or besides :rolleyes: - of thanking it would be good to test if it is really fixed this time. I have already reported it as fixed several times before.

I'll say "Thank you" by saying that the sliding is MUCH reduced, and I haven't seen any issues with positioning or rotation up to now.

It's a big improvement over the last patch.

At close range, you see a bit of sliding still, mainly when a unit suddenly stops, it's subsequently moving slightly backwards.

Movement of cars did not show the sideways sliding that the last patch had, so that's vastly improved, too

Edited by Varanon

Just something... :)

# the tweeting bird is back - the birds should not be heard through engine or other loud noise (eg driving vehicles + boats, flying aircraft...)

# some leg animation-anomaly can be seen if civilian Takistani are running

# mission "Hike in the Hills" missing the task search for ammo cache, if HMMWV is destroyed there is no helicopter to take the team back to base = just a little surprising change or is the briefing wrong?

# AI should only attack helicopters with machineguns if there is no other threat (ground targets) around

# AI should not track aircrafts with their weapons if they dont have a AA launcher or machinegun

# implement a simple + working satchel-option "remote" and "timed" for AI so player can order AIs to place satchels without getting unnecessary explosions.

just a quick question:

does this patch have to be installed server side, client wide or both to notice the improved MP?

We was hoping for so many years, that one day, BIS would be able to fix MP game and make them widely playable.

But after releasing first A2OA, we was almost sure, that game shifted mainly on SP arcade players, and we was loosing hope that it would be ever fixed.

Some of our members was so angry, because they was paying money for MP game, which was not playable for them and they was not interested in SP. Some have promissed, that they will never buy any game from BIS in future.

But perhaps now, when I see it with my own eyes, that MP game is nice smooth, I am sure that they will return back, and perhaps I convince them again, to buy also A3 :).

Well said.... and exactly the same thoughts here.

Seems ok so far, did anyone noticed the players moviment a little faster now? I mean, it seems that the animations of runing got a boost or something.

just a quick question:

does this patch have to be installed server side, client wide or both to notice the improved MP?

I'd like to know the answer to that too. been testing it with PR mod and it seems it does but anything official would be great :)

I'd like to know the answer to that too. been testing it with PR mod and it seems it does but anything official would be great :)

How do u have your command lines set up to use with PR?

I just have... (dunno if its right)

Target:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2\@pr\praa.exe" -maxMem=2047 -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=3 -mod=beta

Startin:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2\Expansion\beta"

How are you testing betapatches with PR??

Launch in: .\arma

Exe: .\arma\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

Modline: -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@pr

And you need to create a dummy file named __praaexe inside the @pr folder.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

So are all the setPos/setDir bugs now confirmed to be fully fixed? Somehow there seems to be no discussion on this important issue, and I can't access Dev-Heaven right now (problem on my side, not DH).

So this beta kills off the "moonwalking" issue eh? great to hear. Does that means the 1.60 is really close to release? :D

Launch in: .\arma

Exe: .\arma\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

Modline: -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@pr

Does not work! says something like this: error you did not start arma pr with praa.exe!

You need to create a dummy file named __praaexe inside the @pr folder.

About this interpolation - I read Sumas dev. note on it. Will it mean that you might shoot at a "ghost" image, rather than at the man, leading to fewer hits? I'm a bit confused, what are you seeing in the betas?

Thanks,

OP

Interpolation means that between two positions the player movement will be simulated according to a function so as it looks like a continuous movement,and yes you'll be able to shoot targets between those two positions.

Interpolation means that between two positions the player movement will be simulated according to a function so as it looks like a continuous movement,and yes you'll be able to shoot targets between those two positions.

I believe he is mainly referring to the "living in the future" aspect, meaning that whatever you're shooting at may already be be in a new position. The question is, when we're shooting directly at a fast moving object, are we only shooting at an "echo" of what that object looked like a fraction of a second ago? Should we start leading our targets a little more now to compensate for the interpolation?

Suma's dev blog article on the subject indicated that their system was somewhat more advanced than simply delaying the rendering by 100ms and interpolating between the old and new values, but unfortunately it wasn't fully elaborated on. Especially in the case of Multiplayer it would be good to know.

Edited by MadDogX