Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

Codemasters Guildford Studio to close!

I love those "What Support is going to be droped AGAIN?" or Posts.

Especially this one

how the heck we all fell into this trap again is beyond me!

HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME CM we gave you our support the a second time even when you did not really deserve it.... and again you pee'd all over us!

And I like this:

My optimism has now vanished into oblivion and my faith in CM for any further release has gone with it. I will now be joining the ARMA crowd me thinks!

Fool me once shame on you.

Fool me twice shame on me.

How could anyone with 2 brain cells fall for the same PR bullshit again and again. FPDR

Just looking at the cut out features list was enough to completely disregard Red River as a complete failure and not true to the genre.

No Dedicated Servers

No Mission Editor

No SDK/mod tools

No Lean

No Post release content

and the list continues to grow

CM you DO NOT get the genre!

Codemasters may have dishonored the OFP name but in truth it was a blessing in disguise, many gamers discovered BIS thanks to all the discussion about the ARMA series on the CM forums.

Lot of people on the consolemasters forums are now moving to Arma (and PC in some cases) so we should thank Codemasters for f***ing up.

Yes, CM should give the name back, with apologies,

Only if this apology is followed immediately afterwards by a livestream of Lenton thrusting a short sword into his abdomen in shame.

Only if this apology is followed immediately afterwards by a livestream of Lenton thrusting a short sword into his abdomen in shame.

No need to be that extreme ;)

Id settle for a Yubitsume

Hmmm, I think that's taking things way too far to be honest.

WTF?! Stupid &%"#@/

I think (/hope) what is being referred to is the more gradual learning curve that BIS is supposedly putting into ArmA3. So it doesn't come as that much of a surprise when run-and-gun tactics don't work.

I think (/hope) what is being referred to is the more gradual learning curve that BIS is supposedly putting into ArmA3. So it doesn't come as that much of a surprise when run-and-gun tactics don't work.

I think what he's alluding to is that some of the new features in ArmA3 have a rather 'gamey' flavour. That's how I interpret it anyway.