Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

Codemasters Guildford Studio to close!

Thought this was interesting...

By Dnote

At this moment in time, we’re not working on a new title for the Operation Flashpoint series. If this changes in the future, we’ll be sure to let you know.

Its a small break whilst we focus on our racing titles for a bit, that's all. Still a lot of Flashpoint fans here at Codies.

Well, weh...

Looks like their take on the OFP franchise has run out of steam. Now that they´ve run a good name into the mud proper, they´re finally moving on to doing something else.

Not even a hint of competition for Arma 3.

Still a lot of Flashpoint fans here at Codies.

Hehe yeah, of the original Flashpoint's sales figures that is :rolleyes:

With Codemasters, it's not the constant epic fails that amuse me, it's the way they always manage to put together their press releases.

Instead of saying:

"We made a rubbish game, and now we are abandoning it"

They say:

"Codemasters has moved on to plan the future of modern combat..."

Instead of saying:

"We shut our studios down because all our recent games have been flops", they say:

"Codemasters has decided to focus on growing it's other studios to make our racing games more l33t"

Lmao. Glad to see there will be no more crappy shooters from CM. CM went to shit when next gen consoles came out, other than the dirt series, nothing good has come out of them since the good old Colin McRae rally days, and Toca race driver!

With Codemasters, it's not the constant epic fails that amuse me, it's the way they always manage to put together their press releases.

Instead of saying:

"We made a rubbish game, and now we are abandoning it"

They say:

"Codemasters has moved on to plan the future of modern combat..."

Instead of saying:

"We shut our studios down because all our recent games have been flops", they say:

"Codemasters has decided to focus on growing it's other studios to make our racing games more l33t"

Lmao. Glad to see there will be no more crappy shooters from CM. CM went to shit when next gen consoles came out, other than the dirt series, nothing good has come out of them since the good old Colin McRae rally days, and Toca race driver!

Truth. Though I did enjoy Grid.

My dear departed granny used to say - "If you can't say anything sensible, then don't say anything at all".

Edited by Tankbuster

My dear departed granny used to say - "If you can't say anything sensible, the don't say anything at all".

99.9% of all forum posts ever written just cried out in terror.

My dear departed granny used to say - "If you can't say anything sensible, the don't say anything at all".
Seems CM didn't heed this advice, just change "say" with "create" :)

Although this is some good advice if everyone took it literally we would be overrun have rose tinted glass yes men, corruption & political correctness ..... oh dear, seems the world knew your granny very well :j::) Seeing as its based on sensible which is completely subjective.

richiespeed13: ever considered to make an application to translate PR-crap to real meaning? :)

Well, weh...

Looks like their take on the OFP franchise has run out of steam.

inception: complete.

Take On Flashpoints? Hmmmmmmmmmm :D

Project Reality discussion is not allowed here, IB. :)

I think he means PR as in public relations, although the your interpretation is also quite plausible! :p

Maybe Bohemia can buy the OFP name for a cheap price and give it a proper burial.

Arma 3 can have a memorial with a headstone on one of the maps.

Something tells me CM would keep it out of spite no matter what - after all, they could always just fire one more programmer to make up the difference of BI's offer.

Its only about 20 minutes down the road from me.

Guildfords home to lots of games devs, Criterion, Bright Lights, Media Molecule and Lionhead aswell as pretty much EA UK it's self are all based there. So jobs wise theres likely to be other stuff around, plus it aint to far from London either.

I think he means PR as in public relations, although the your interpretation is also quite plausible! :p

!Well done.

:D

Make it happen.

Wow, an official announcement from an official dev from BI that BI will regain the rights on OFP and make a new Operation Flashpoint!!!1! sm_B-B~1.gifsm_B-B~1.gif

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/471001-no-more-ofp-10.html, by Dnote

There is no further work planned on Red River at this time. We're sorry that we didn't say anything sooner, but the kind of decisions that affect an entire company aren't taken lightly or decided upon quickly.

Not even an official announcement to proclaim that RR has been dumped. Instead, a simple user post that was originally a tangent to the original conversation...

...just lol

Noticed someone named "Lynx23" posting nearly the same comment on the CM forums as I posted here.

Fans of the original Flashpoint's sales figures that is.

We're not the same person, I don't have an account on the CM forums. Please use some originality to sarcastically attack CM, there is plenty material to choose from :p

Support being dumped again, what a surprise. Has anyone done the maths yet to see if they dumped it sooner this time than with DR? And still there are those defending the dropping of support for the failed product that RR was, hoping that CM will go back to the basis of DR and pour a few years of development funds into that, after which they will support that one properly ... Beginning to remind me of the sodding Stockholm syndrome.

Edited by JdB

There is no further work planned on Red River at this time. We're sorry that we didn't say anything sooner, but the kind of decisions that affect an entire company aren't taken lightly or decided upon quickly.

Without filter options:

There is no further work on Red River at at all. We're not sorry that we didn't say anything sooner, but the kind of decisions that affect an entire company aren't taken lightly or decided upon quickly or announced directly if we can help it.

Yes, but it's going to be available on the Onlive service. That will make everything better, honest.

PMSL. :o:

"We'll always have Burger King"

*Voiced by Humphrey Bogart*

Yes, I also took a peek on those forums and it's weird how people just are in self denial.

JdB was right about the Stockholm Syndrome