Sign in to follow this  
.kju

1.60 beta issues [only]

use forum search mate

Being a complete n00b, myself and a couple friends updated to 1.6 without thinking about server compatibility - the result, we haven't played since 1.6 RC was released because our server host can't update 1.59 to 1.6 till 1.6 RC becomes "official".

Should I reinstall the whole game, or is it worth waiting a couple days more...

Probably should be possible to run with a 1.59 beta so you can join the server again.

Great,

Is there an easy way to identify the last 1.59 beta?

Sickboy / Qazdar - thanks

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Actually, no luck guys. The beta won't install as it recognises 1.6 as a later version.

Actually, no luck guys. The beta won't install as it recognises 1.6 as a later version.

If you've installed the RC you're out of luck. The only way to roll back to 1.59 (including 1.59 beta patches) will be a full reinstall of the game, unless you made a backup of the old data somewhere...

If you've installed the RC you're out of luck. The only way to roll back to 1.59 (including 1.59 beta patches) will be a full reinstall of the game, unless you made a backup of the old data somewhere...

Says who?

Open the beta exe in 7z. Then open the the exe that comes out of that, also again in 7z. Then browse to some subfolder, and extract that to expansion/beta. Et voila.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26933#note-4

Says who?

Open the beta exe in 7z. Then open the the exe that comes out of that, also again in 7z. Then browse to some subfolder, and extract that to expansion/beta. Et voila.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26933#note-4

Sounds more like a digital Matrushka doll than a solution to me, but if it works, great. :D

Never realized you can unpack the beta installers manually.

Sounds more like a digital Matrushka doll than a solution to me, but if it works, great. :D

Py it then, or do the process for them and make the folder available as a 7z, ready to extract, or some SFX.

No reason to have everyone do the same 'complicated' steps ;) Just one person has to be brave :p

So,for steam users,instead of waiting for the steam update they can extract the final patch using 7z ?

No, full patches are different because they contain delta patches for most of the content, instead of the full files.

Also AFAIK Steam users can simply install official patches, but that seems to be unclear - one time it's said it can, other times it's said it can't.

Thinking about it, didn't DRM got removed recently? So installing the 1.60 RC to Steam _should_ probably be fine. Other than when you tell Steam to repair your install, it will of course revert to 1.59.

Besides, most important is the engine fixes anyway IMO - so IMO for most Steam users the Betas should suffice,

especially considering that the RC-stage should be short-lived and a full patch should be available soon.

Edited by Sickboy

No, full patches are different because they contain delta patches for most of the content, instead of the full files.

Also AFAIK Steam users can simply install official patches, but that seems to be unclear - one time it's said it can, other times it's said it can't.

Thinking about it, didn't DRM got removed recently? So installing the 1.60 RC to Steam _should_ probably be fine. Other than when you tell Steam to repair your install, it will of course revert to 1.59.

Besides, most important is the engine fixes anyway IMO - so IMO for most Steam users the Betas should suffice,

especially considering that the RC-stage should be short-lived and a full patch should be available soon.

I can confirm that the RC1 patch and all betas are fine with a Steam install of Arma2, OA, BAF & PMC. There isn't a specific Steam executeable with Arma so other than installing within the steamapps directory structure it pretty much works the same as standalone.

I can't extract the patch, winrar and 7 zip says the file is damaged. I tried downloading from several servers, all the same problem. Anyone?

FXAA stuttering on my rig. Doesn't matter if on lowest or highest settings, with FSAA, game feels lot smoother, even when it kills a lot more FPS. Might by cause FXAA is more Nvidia then ATI thing.

I had a crash for the first time in a long time, and it was the first time I ran this patch. I was zooming in and the game stuttered, then went to windows.

This can be unstickied.

Great. Thanks for creating and maintaining this topic, it served as an excellent TODO overview for the 1.60 patch.

my sound seems to be fubar now after installing patch - with sound turned up full I can barely here anything - nothing while im in chopper flying. Im thinkin about doing a full reinstall - see if thats any better.