Sign in to follow this  
laggy

Multiplayer (SOM Module "Request Support" problem)

Hi all,

I have run into an annoying issue that I hope someone can help me with.

In a PvP MP mission I use the SOM Module for "Request Support" only (no side missions are given).

I want OPFOR to have access to Artillery, and BLUFOR Air Support.

The support function is activated through the Radio Menu (Alpha and Foxtrot), and the enemy's channel is hidden by setRadioMsg "null".

This is Radio Alpha Trigger (shown to OPFOR leader) Activation:

if (isServer) then {[["artillery_barrage"], leader EastLeadGroup] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;};

This is Radio Foxtrot Trigger (shown to BLUFOR leader) Activation:

if (isServer) then {[["aerial_reconnaissance","tactical_airstrike"], leader WestLeadGroup] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;};

Now, all this works like a charm, even on a dedicated server.

You get the option in your (Spacebar) communications menu, Radio is heard and Support happens like it should.

But, here is the issue:

When the enemy player activates his Radio Trigger, "his" Support is shown in the other players (other side) communications menu.

It seems like when anyone is inside the Support System, it becomes available for everyone.

Example: If I play as BLUFOR and enter the communications menu while OPFOR is using Artillery, I can see Artillery in the list.

Now, I thought this would be overcome by only running the code on the server. Not so.

And, even if I will have this SOM Support for only one side, the same issue will occur.

This might seem like a minor issue, but you can really "cheat" or screw things up for the enemy player.

My fear is that this function is only seemless in its origin if all players are on the same side, like in a COOP mission.

Does anyone have any tips on this, or any more info on the SOM Module than what is present on the Wiki, which doesn't bring up this issue? It is quite lean on MP facts in general.

Kind regards,

Laggy

Edited by laggy